Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

View Poll Results: Hells Angels. Good or Bad?
Good 2 33.33%
Bad 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd January 2004, 20:24   #1
Bazman63
Major Dude

Hells Angels. Good or Bad?

Mr Levesque is the world's leading police expert on biker gangs and he believes the Hells Angels - and rival gangs - are one of the fastest growing organised crime threats in the world.

"We ride motorcycles and have fun. That is what our lives are all about," insists Ralph "Sonny" Barger, the legendary figurehead of the Hells Angels.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ld/3311057.stm

'In this country, it takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.'"
Bazman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2004, 20:42   #2
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

I don't know...An individual can be good or bad, but I have trouble defining an entire group of people as being good or bad.

I've heard the Hell's Angels have a Christmas toy drive for the kids every year, so that's good. I've heard they've been involved in some bad things too.

If the leaders of the organization are using in to perpetuate criminal activities, that's one thing, but if the criminal activities are isolated to certain members or "sub-groups" and not "coordinated from the top", then that may not make the organization as a whole "bad".

After all, groups of corporate executives in certain companies have been arrested for criminal activities, too, but that may or may not mean the companies, themselves, are bad.

It's easy to point to a person and proclaim "good" or "bad". It's difficult-to-impossible to do the same to a large group of people.

So, I guess I'd say the Hell's Angels are both. When one of them is giving a toy to a child, they're good. When one of them is selling crystal meth, they're bad.

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2004, 20:46   #3
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

And they only just found this out? like most know what the Angels are and what they do. As for them being the Largest growing ...blah blah ..They've been organised as long as I have known about them...

And in Britain the Largest Biker Gang is Outlaws not Angels. The Angels in the UK have largly died out and The Outlaws (Affiliated to Outlaw Association America), with Chapters in England, Wales and Scotland with also Sub-Affiliatons to the Likes of 'The Choosen Few' are the biggest Chapter/s.

don't know exactly how many membbers the Angels have now (or had) but I do know that the Outlaws(UK) had over 1,500 in 92. I'd say that no. will be considerably higher now...

for the good stuff but for the other wise crap and misery they cause

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2004, 20:54   #4
Namelessv1
Forum King

Fastest growing threat? The trend seems to be the opposite. The Angels are not running as rampant as when first organized.

Street gangs such as the LA Crips and the Compton Bloods seem to be more of a threat.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2004, 21:59   #5
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
they never seemed that bad to me. let them ride bikes and wear leather jackets. thers no laws against that.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2004, 22:34   #6
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
Around here mostly rich old guys ride Harleys, so I don't think the Hells Angels are a fast growing threat. Maybe in the UK, since it was a BBC story?
J. Burnaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2004, 22:48   #7
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Its the same here, mostly early retirees spending lots of money on a bike they can barely handle.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2004, 00:14   #8
Bazman63
Major Dude

The story source is BBC but the gang expert is Canadian. The leader of the HA there was recently sentanced to life for ordering the murder of two prison guards.
Not so long ago in Denmark the warring biker gangs were shooting each other with machine guns and anti-tank rockets stolen from the Swedish military.

'In this country, it takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.'"
Bazman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2004, 00:18   #9
Namelessv1
Forum King

Mother of crap, that's a whole lot different than the American Hell's Angels.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2004, 00:54   #10
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

i know many hell's angels and i have had nothing but good experiences with the ones i know and anyone else i know knows. being in the san francisco bay area, that should count for something.

of course there are corupted people who just happen to be angels, but it's the same with police officers.

there's a guy in the south bay angels place here that's named buck, he's a massive, tatooed, seemingly the ultimate stereotypical biker gang child molester, but he has a wife and 2 kids, and is one of the nicest guys i know. he even has a toys for tots dropoff at his house every december. so it just goes to show alot of what the media says is just fueled by the stereotypes people are used to and is mostly a big blowup of a few bad incidents that a few bad members are doing.
InvisableMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2004, 01:02   #11
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawg4Life2K1
Mother of crap, that's a whole lot different than the American Hell's Angels.
Should have seen what happened in 91 when the Outlaws first organised. They were called 'Outlaws Midlands' then. Made up from a few medium and small clubs/Chapters.
List of Initial Chapters:
Road Tramps - Birmingham
Road Tramps - Coventry
Road Rats - Derby
Ratti - Liectershire[? spelling]
Staffordshire Eagles - Stafford
and there was another crew in Nottingham.

This came about (supposedly) because of an order from Hells Angels (US), (The main Ruling body of the Hells Angels), in which the Hells Angels (England-as they are known) were ordered to have all smaller 'Patch' wearers drop there own 'Patches' and either prospect for the Angels or not wear 'Patches'.

The result was teh amalgamation of the above mentioned Chapters into what became known as I mentioned 'Outlaws Midlands', later to become just 'Outlaws' and the Hells Angels (England) being politely told to go F**K them selves!

Not long after that 'Outlaws Wales' came into being in 92 from the old 'Cymru' (Wales) Chapter/s. This bought the then membership to over 1,500 members.
With teh affiliation of the like s of 'The Choosen Few'(Cheshire) and 'Scorpio' (Devon & Cornwall) I think last count stood at some thing close on 2,500-3,000+.

Satan Slaves became about the largest group there after though they lost a Chapter when the Carlisle Chapter became 'The Cycle Gypsy's' and also I think affiliated them selves from Hells Angels (England) to the now Outlaws England.

BTW 'Patches' or 'Colours' are the design that the member wears on there 'Cutoffs' so called from the 'Cut-down' Levi Jackets that were initially used to make the 'Patches' with. These were later to become leather waist coats and the like...But an original set would have been a levi (or wrangler) jacket with there sleeves cutoff, hence the name 'Cut-Offs'. The 'Patch' or 'Colours' were then attached to this.

It got kinda scary hanging about with these guy's (I was a biker at one time -- till I got some sence) anyway I pissed of to Ireland and haven't looked back once -- best thing I ever did.

Not that I disrespect them in any way. They were my Brothers and allways will be and if one of the guy's turned up at the door then I would give em what I could as I know he would me.

Thats the mistake there making. The Bikers are not just any old organised crime gang. leave that to muppets like the Mafia and the Tongs etc ..The bikers are a Brother Hood and it is this that make them so unique.
In organised Crime you allways have to watch your back .. you can gain power but that is so fickle. With The Biker Gangs though you don't need to watch your back..why? because you know you will allways have your Brother/s there to watch it for you. Thats why I will never close my dorr on a 'Brother'. Whilst I may not be with them now, I know if I wanted or needed they would be there for me and thats why I could never fully turn my back on them.

Know what they say Once a Biker allways a Biker - live to Ride - Ride to Live - Wild and Free.........

btw
Quote:
stereotypical biker gang child molester
emm no offence mate but 'Child Molester'? ..That is one thing that would not be stereotypical of a Biker. also one other thing you will find 'No Needles' or 'Crack' - PERIOD! thats for F***ing Junkies...or toss pots to lame to get a life....

Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

Old 3rd January 2004, 01:51   #12
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeggle
emm no offence mate but 'Child Molester'? ..That is one thing that would not be stereotypical of a Biker. also one other thing you will find 'No Needles' or 'Crack' - PERIOD! thats for F***ing Junkies...or toss pots to lame to get a life....

i meant if you look at him he's the kinda guy who you'd think would look like a child molester :P
InvisableMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2004, 01:57   #13
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by InvisableMan
i meant if you look at him he's the kinda guy who you'd think would look like a child molester :P
Nah there weedy skinny little greasy limp dicked fuck wits and wear white collars Known as P.R.I.E.S.T - Peadophile Resident in Every Small Town -

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions