Old 8th January 2009, 21:41   #201
Serpher

Mostly worries me that 1st problem. That was known since some time ago.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Serpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 00:43   #202
Moguta

Hey DrO,
I have a bug to report using JTFE:

When using the "On end of queue -> Shutdown" option, after WinAmp plays the entire queue, it always starts to play the last-queued song *again* until WinAmp & Windows can close & shut down.

"On end of queue -> Stop playing", on the other hand, works as advertised... as does Winamp's native "Close after current" set to "Shutdown".

It seems "On end of queue -> Shutdown" is not telling playback to stop before it initiates the shutdown, which can take several seconds to complete on some computers. However, I have no idea why it *replays* the track instead of advancing the playlist. So maybe there's something more going on?

Magnatune - A role model for ALL digital music stores!

Last edited by Moguta; 11th January 2009 at 01:02.
Moguta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 11:45   #203
Serpher

Damn, that JTFE is really f***** up... You seriously must fix that.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
MB: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz) || RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz || Audio card: ASUS Xonar D2X || Video card: GeForce 460 GTX || OS: Windows 7 SP1 || DirectX: 9.0c (latest) || Winamp version: latest || Winamp skin: Modern
Old 13th January 2009, 12:24   #204
DrO

Serpher: thamks for that really helpful comment, not. i'll bear in mind such comments if you start coding plugins for free for people.

Moguta: i'll look into it shortly as i simplified the handling of the on end of queue menu so there is a good chance i've already resolved this (if it is valid as i remember in the past there were some cases where it'd do something like that from the order the plugins were loaded which put it outside of my control).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 17:28   #205
osmosis
Major Dude

Daz, you are a treasure. We love you.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 17:33   #206
jph6t
Major Dude

What's your problem Serpher!?

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
Daz, you are a treasure. We love you.
+1
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 17:53   #207
Serpher

@DrO
Sorry for that comment (and language). But that was the only thing that I could thought then.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
Old 13th January 2009, 18:17   #208
DrO

i will say if swearing is the only thing that can be thought of at the time, maybe it's not the right thing to say (not helped i'd only just woken up so was a bit crabby on myside of the fence). is all in the past now

-daz
Old 14th January 2009, 04:37   #209
Moguta

All I can say is this is the first time I've ever had a problem with a DrO mod. And I do quite enjoy the capabilities your plugins give, from the oh-so-needed Undo, to starting a song back up in the same spot if I have to close Winamp for a moment, to letting my computer play me a bedtime lullabye or two before shutting itself down for the night, to the mousewheel blocker that has thwarted so many of my mouse's evil attempts to scroll the volumebar.

DrO plugins have become an essential part of my Winamp experience.

Old 14th January 2009, 09:06   #210
DrO

i'd forgotten about the mousewheel blocker plugin, am quite surprised that one is still working especially with all of the core changes that have gone on over the last few 0.1 increments.

-daz
Old 14th January 2009, 16:11   #211
DrO

Moguta: i've sent you a pm with a link to a test build. i've tried the options and wasn't able to have it not advance to the next track (may have been related to the other breakages by the core with jtfe's track advance handling). however, i'm not 100% sure as to what is quite expected since i reworked the menu (as per screenshot) to simplify it as there was unnecessary duplication in the previous incarnation of it. so may involve some changes to usage patterns unfortunately.

-daz
Old 15th January 2009, 04:11   #212
Moguta

Unfortunately, testing with a fresh install of Winamp and that latest JTFE build, playback still does not stop at the end of the last queued song when "On end of queue... Log off/Restart/Shutdown" are selected.

On my fully-loaded (non-fresh) Winamp install, "On end of queue... Close" also started re-playing the track for a short second before Winamp could close. This didn't occur in the fresh install, but I'm not sure if that's because the less-burdened program was able to close more quickly, or if something was resolved.

Also, ( don't hate me DrO ) I managed to run across another bug. Start playing a song right below a Playlist Separator, hit the Previous button... and watch Winamp crash. Although it's honestly not that bad. I almost always use the mouse to select songs, not the Next/Prev buttons.

Old 15th January 2009, 09:49   #213
Serpher

Quote:
Originally posted by Moguta
Unfortunately, testing with a fresh install of Winamp and that latest JTFE build, playback still does not stop at the end of the last queued song when "On end of queue... Log off/Restart/Shutdown" are selected.
In 5.541 all works fine for me

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
Old 15th January 2009, 10:35   #214
DrO

Moguta: thanks for testing, i had hoped we weren't going to need to go this route...

...i've double-checked the code and with the changes in the build you have (against the 0.99.2 build, i think you're going to need to explicitly set the 'stop' action for it to work as you want since for the code to allow for winamp to close correctly/advance to the next track, there is the potential for the next track to be heard (messages are sent for when it can be processed rather than immediately so everything else can synch up correctly).

with the playlist separator crash, i've been seeing that but just haven't had the chance to work on that plugin (has been a recurring issue with it for a while now that i remember) and seems to be coming from some of the metadata querying that it does.

-daz
Old 15th January 2009, 18:28   #215
soljarag

is it just me or does Alt+F4 not work anymore? (to close winamp)
soljarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 18:35   #216
Serpher

Generally all keyboard shortcuts does not working at all. Like those five: z,x,c,v,b. And of course ALT + F4 that what said soljarag. Thats odd.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
Old 15th January 2009, 18:36   #217
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
ALT+F4 just worked perfectly for me. Make sure Winamp is the active application when you do it.
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 18:59   #218
soljarag

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
ALT+F4 just worked perfectly for me. Make sure Winamp is the active application when you do it.
Ha I know that. If I hit control f4 it closes the main box just fine (like it should) but alt f4 doesn't do anything.
soljarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 19:08   #219
Juanus
Major Dude

Maybe the ALT key on your keyboard is broken?
Maybe you have a plugin installed that is blocking the action?
I can guarentee that ALT+F4 works. Especcially since ALT+F4 is a windows command and there is nothing that any program can do to stop it.
Old 15th January 2009, 20:39   #220
Kiyouta

If DrO were to make a proper CUE plugin for Winamp, it would probably be the best CUE plugin in the world. Hint hint. Hint
Kiyouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 20:50   #221
DrO

Alt+F4 issue - i'm not able to see this under any of the shipped skins. only thing i can think off is either people are experiencing the nview issue or the focus is in the wrong area/window.

Kiyouta: heh... i did start on a cue file parser some time ago but the main issue was the reliability in playback to force the file to start at the correct position for any file type (unlike the othe cue plugins which were too plugin/format specific from what i remember) but to still act like it was a separate file. maybe one day i'll come back to it or someone in the dev team will do something else instead (now that'd be funny, hehe)

-daz
Old 20th January 2009, 10:06   #222
greqmaster

when update ?
greqmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 11:48   #223
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
When it's ready.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 12:34   #224
greqmaster

you cannot write nothing else ?
whether it will appear in this year ;}?
greqmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 17:35   #225
Juanus
Major Dude

A lot of the foriegn Winampers might not get this, but its a great day here in the States.

Old 20th January 2009, 19:22   #226
Serpher

Yeah I know, I was watching it in tv news tonight.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================
Old 20th January 2009, 22:42   #227
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by greqmaster
you cannot write nothing else ?
the same seems to be going on with you it seems. you've been given the best answer that people will give you and i'd suggest you stop pumping the thread asking that as it's gotten really tiresome.

-daz
Old 21st January 2009, 15:18   #228
stopasking
Banned

Yeah it's a shame McCain didn't win.
Anywho, it's been almost half a year now since the last version of Winamp was released.
Our patience is simply running out.
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 17:38   #229
Serpher

But Obama is really something. Its huge change. It seems that US are going forward.

But its Winamp forum and I say that when the new version will be then will be. Theres not many things to fix/add to Winamp. You can only improve security, compatibility and performance.

---
I really would like to see an option "Show new files" on playlist, cause filetime < [x] doesn't work.

// Edit
And something else. "Automatic classification". When is being played a lots of times then more stars it posses. Something like that.

Sorry for my bad English
=====================

Last edited by Serpher; 21st January 2009 at 18:03.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion