Old 1st March 2004, 15:43   #1
audio_phreak

ZDL Gold Stack Modern Skin

Ay!

I'm sure someone is using the ZDL Gold Stack Modern Skin in here.

What's up with the spectrum analyzer I can't get the visuals on it to work or to change colors. No matter what mode button I push on it I just get a single line across the top with a little movement & that's it ... No color change , Nadda !?!?!

Any ideas ?
audio_phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2004, 16:34   #2
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
you might want to talk to mike zee for information on his skin. he might stop by and read this thread though, as i've seen him here a couple of times.
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2004, 18:03   #3
Rellik
Major Dude

Screenshot?

Do other skins behave like normal, especially Modern?

Are you using the newest version?

What media are you trying to play? Could it be a CD/Linein Vis problem?
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2004, 18:36   #4
audio_phreak

using version 5.02 & am about 3 or 4 days new to it, just trying to play mp3....
Old 1st March 2004, 22:09   #5
mikezee

got me. I was forcefully trying to play around with the skin, messing with options, clicking on vary locations where spectrum 'vis' involved...was thinking if somehow ther is unwanted "window" in the skin to disable VIS. No "luck"
So I can't recreate the situation ...never happend to me such thing as 'no analyzer vis'.
Now, how to help you?, I really don't know what to try.
You can delete the skin and re-download/re-install, but this may do no difference. You can delete the skin first. Then download/save skin file somewhere on your computer, rename it to something different and then install (place to Program Files\Winamp\Skins

Usually, In vary strange situations (like if you lost component on your screen, or some other unusual behavior ..etc), I 'recommend' close winamp, go to C:\Program Files\Winamp , find studio.xnf file and delete it. Then restart winamp. This file will be re-generated, BUT!!!!! you will lose all your winamp's settings! It's like starting winamp for the first time. So if you don't want to lose it, then don't do it.
By the way, did the skin work ok when you installed/used it for the first time? Or did you have this problem from the begining? What windows version you are on?
Do you use any other third party plugins for winamp?

p.s.
Thanks a buch, guys, for trying to help, while I was not around. Appreciated !

/respects,
/MZ aka Dr. ZEE
mikezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2004, 04:00   #6
audio_phreak

Angry

Thanks for replying ;

I'm using Xp Prf. & No that particular feature hasn't been functional since download.

I do have some 3rd party plug-ins but they aren't running at the same time I'm using the skin if that's what you're asking ? Keep in mind I do get some movement in the window but it's just one straight line across & what I've seen from the screenshot at the download page it's supposed to be very similar to the Homeboy Full Spectrum Analyzer , I could be wrong but that's the way it looks like it's operating in the picture anyways.

F.Y.I.

I have tried everything you suggested in your reply & still to no avail
Old 2nd March 2004, 06:51   #7
mikezee

the horizontal line above analyzer's screen is a maki/animated layer, it has no relation to <VIS>. If you do not have full spectrum analyzer 'performance' during playback, this looks like somehow it gets 'disabled'.
Do you have two vertical audio-meters activity in player (cassette and CD has them) view? These are actually not 'real' level metters, they are "made" of 4'vis' 1pix wide . If you don't have them moving during playback, that means that VIS is disabled 'across all components'.
What third party plugins do you have installed?. Give me complete list. If you want me to, I'd download them, install and try to see if I get any problems. This stuff happens with some plugins, btw, I am not sure, but maybe it does not mater if you are running them at the momen or not. Some plugins do 'aggressive invasive moves' as you install them . I have to try to try to find a lead to the problem.
Did you actually try to delete studio.xnf?

Again very strange one, never had to deal with this kind of problem.

/respects,
/MZ aka DrZEE
Old 2nd March 2004, 16:40   #8
audio_phreak

I just deleted a few 3rd party plug ins & deleted studio.xnf & Wallah

I did delete studio.xnf yesterday & the problem still existed

I deleted;

X plug in
Vis Mux
Wacdr - Not sure what that one actually was

So I guess if anyone should post in the future with these same issues I'd have them start removing these

Thanks for your responses in getting this one worked out so I can have my new default skin However it will be a tough choice between this one & the Reel to Reel skin

Let me know if you need any other info
Old 2nd March 2004, 20:30   #9
mikezee

audio_phreak,
cool, glad you've found the 'reason' ,, and SPIRIT shall be strong ...lol
To "help" you with skin selection, I'd say Reel-To-Reel is good for Bob Marley or Lee Perry, GoldStack is good for Pet Shop Boys ..heh heh , If you don't listen to non of the above..then just rely on your moods ...
BTW, when using skins with moving parts, animated vu-meters etc... be sure to try different Timers Resolution settings. It actually may make a big difference. Main Menu/Options/Preferences/Modern Skins/General/Timers Resolution - move the slider while playing, or push automatic 'as fast as possible' button. It also depends on your computer's power. On mine the best result I get with 15ms Timers Resolution setting.

If you ever get into any problems or question about using skins, you can contact me for faster respond.

/respects,
MZ aka DR.ZEE
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins