Old 20th July 2005, 02:38   #1
reef1

yp.shoutcast.com has gone instane?

(...)
<07/18/05@11:37:45> [source] relay host gave success (ICY 200 OK)
<07/18/05@11:37:45> [source] relay from 67.159.4.118 established.
<07/18/05@11:37:45> [source] icy-name:R A D I O S F E R A - P O L S K A - Polish Radio Station - Polskie Radio Radiosfera.pl ; icy-genre:Techno Dance Pop Rap 80s
<07/18/05@11:37:45> [source] icy-pub:1 ; icy-br:48 ; icy-url:http://www.radiosfera.pl
<07/18/05@11:37:45> [source] icy-irc:N/A ; icy-icq:N/A ; icy-aim:N/A
<07/18/05@11:41:12> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<07/18/05@11:41:12> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (please give your station a name (in the dsp plugin YP tab))

This server has 500 slots and is not visible from the yp browser. It was visible before. All other servers in our radio are fine. I don't have a shell access to this server, but after 5 restarts it keeps saying what is the station name, and then asks to type in the station name. We also changed the port. This is a madness, isn't it?
http://213.184.16.20:6886 - all set fine
http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutca...e=filename.pls - not there.

If anyone has a shadow of clue what is the problem, feel free to share it with me, thanks.

BTW Lets officially thank CraigF for what is he doing to support us
reef1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 05:16   #2
DJ K0ruPt

Send a message via AIM to DJ K0ruPt Send a message via Yahoo to DJ K0ruPt
Dont post ip's on here... very bad...
DJ K0ruPt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 05:21   #3
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

-Ack, nevermind, misread something-

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 05:55   #4
dotme

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ K0ruPt
Dont post ip's on here... very bad...
Oh that's just silly. He's not advertising, so what's the big deal?

Reef1: YP has had issues lately - I think they're actually doing some work on it, so that might be the cause... Looks like the source is sending the needed info. Maybe it will sort itself out.
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 20:37   #5
DJ K0ruPt

Send a message via AIM to DJ K0ruPt Send a message via Yahoo to DJ K0ruPt
Well the bad thing is that it opens up the possibility for some random person to try to inflict attacks on the specific ip.
DJ K0ruPt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 21:36   #6
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Anyway since no one addressed the problem it is clear and telling you what's wrong:

<07/18/05@11:41:12> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (please give your station a name (in the dsp plugin YP tab))

Go into the DSP (in Winamp) and give your station a name. It's on a tab called 'Yellow Pages' on the DSP screen. Restart the stream and you should list shortly.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Don't click this link!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 21:43   #7
dotme

Re: yp.shoutcast.com has gone instane?

Quote:
Go into the DSP (in Winamp) and give your station a name. It's on a tab called 'Yellow Pages' on the DSP screen. Restart the stream and you should list shortly.
I think it goes deeper than that...

Quote:
Originally posted by reef1
<07/18/05@11:37:45> [source] icy-name:R A D I O S F E R A - P O L S K A - Polish Radio Station - Polskie Radio Radiosfera.pl ; icy-genre:Techno Dance Pop Rap 80s
<07/18/05@11:37:45> [source] icy-pub:1 ; icy-br:48 ; icy-url:http://www.radiosfera.pl
Isn't that a Relay server? The first few lines from the log above indicates that it's getting the station name okay from the relay source, but yp doesn't think it's passing it along. I may be mistaken, but I believe that was the original issue and I'm not sure if it has been resolved.
Old 20th July 2005, 21:48   #8
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
The name could be generated by the server and not the DSP. Not sure on this one.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Don't click this link!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 21:52   #9
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Well the bad thing is that it opens up the possibility for some random person to try to inflict attacks on the specific ip.
your wrong there..they cant really "hack" an outbound conneection (very easily)..everything is safe

anyway i think its a problem with the DSP and not vs. the server as megarock said
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 23:21   #10
reef1

This is a RELAY server, I forgot to mention, sorry.
On all the servers (master and relays) everything is running fine! My radio is being listed. We were in top20, but:
- one of our servers has been banned because some [bad word describing someone's absence of brain] from our class D looped commercials... Nevermind, we resigned from this server and is bought another at another company.
- the one I mentioned in the first post in this topic is not listed because of... err.... How should I know? Why all of the relays but this one works fine and this one isn't? Is it... Cursed? 500 slot is preety important, it was full at rush hours. Now I have to choose between not being listed high or rerouting to more expensive network.
YP is the power of the radio, it may not be underestimated.
I feel treated unfair because my server has been cursed and servers of other radio stations are fine

Now MegaRock and all others that (what I predicted) would like to flame me because of posting the same problem in a new topic, because they think it is a know case:
I must say, MegaRock, that I find your post offending me . I'll try hard to behave in a defensive way. Look then:
Quote:
Originally posted by reef1
(...)
<07/18/05@11:37:45> [source] relay host gave success (ICY 200 OK)
<07/18/05@11:37:45> [source] relay from 67.159.4.118 established.
(...)
Can You now see what I mean? Or You still consider me being another forum user that cannot read his own logs which is he pasting? Additonaly, this problem has been mentioned before f.e. here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=207035
so You treat me like a common total-lamer that doesn't bother searching the tech forum before posting his problem. I don't like that. <--- This is called being asertive (the opposite of aggressive), we should all learn to talk about our feelings

I use heavy scripted sc_trans, not the DSP plugin.

One more case. Posting IPs on this forum is allowed (or should be). Anyone who thinks that I posted the log to advertise my radio, is offending me (and offending is forbidden).

I am still hoping that some moderator will take a voice in the case of the insane server, is it a fault of yp server? Or should I still search on my side?

Regards
Reef
Old 21st July 2005, 10:45   #11
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

posting ips is perfectly fine, you have to give out your stream address to people to listen to anyway. granted, you might not want to give out your source address since people could flood it causing your stream to go down, but then they could do that with the scserv address anyway given enough bandwidth.

with regards to your problem, i have no idea.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2005, 13:21   #12
reef1

Finding my servers addresses is not such hard:
wget -O - 'http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=9023&file=filename.pls' 2>/dev/null | fgrep http | cut -sf 2 -d '='
or even better:
wget -O - 'http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=9023&file=filename.pls' | awk '/http/ {FS = "=";print $2}'

I posted the link in the first post on this topic, but obtainging it is not such hard either.
I am not trying to hide who I am woring for. So if obtaining my all servers IP addresses (apart from the one whith is not listed) is a matter of one line in Bash, It is not a security problem that I post IPs.

Sc_trans machine address IS secret.

BTW I am not happy about yp including my masterserver in the listing, I cannot decide if it shall be included. If I turn it off, all radiosfera's listings will go down (as far as i know). Will it? Am I right? I would like all the relay servers to be listed (that is why they exist, to "serve"), but master server to be hidden so it servers only realy servers, not listeners. If I set master to reserver IP only, I am gone from listings. Shouldn't there be one more line in .conf like yplistmasterserver=no?
Most of the forum users have their signatures filled with links to the radio - this is not named advertising, but I have been acused of advertising (on a forum where advertising is not forbidden, it is forbidden on the other one, Shoutcast discussions). So it is not advertising and not a seciurity problem.

BTW:
Quote:
Dont post ip's on here ... very bad...

bash-2.05b$

I think DJ K0ruPt is more advertising than I am, he gave the exact link to listening he's radio.

Ok, lets end the OffTopic once and for all, I think we can now get back to the thread. That is why I don't like huge communities, because they try to flame me in many ways, not to help me. Helpful ones are rare. Shouldn't we create an invite-only forum section for serious (helpfull) users? I think it would make things a little easier for a smull but importnant (precious?) group of Shoutcast users.

I am trying to make administrator of the broken server to give me a .conf file, maby we will find some clue there (but I think there is no possible way to write such a .conf file that would do such a thing with YP. Unfortunatley he is on holidays.
Maby I have a bad luck? Or the server is cursed
Old 21st July 2005, 13:37   #13
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

I think we're all under the impression that DJ K0ruPt really doesnt have an understanding of how the internet works. I just tried to go about it a little more politely than showing him his own ip.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2005, 22:00   #14
reef1

News from the front line: I checked the config file, it was okay. I made a new one and restarted server after updating .conf file. Problem have persisted
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:54   #15
reef1

cat sc_serv | md5sum
9881cb5aa14613528fc5ddddf6787752 -

On the other server I did the same thing and the result is also 9881cb5aa14613528fc5ddddf6787752 -

I have no idea what shoud I do now
Old 25th July 2005, 14:09   #16
reef1

Just tried to change yp connection port to 666, with no effect. Does anyone have ANY idea what can be done now? Check what, search for error where?
Old 29th July 2005, 10:59   #17
reef1

NEWS:
We just tried broadcasting by connecting DSP directly to the "cursed" server and guess what, we are in YP, in log we have YP touched! and everything works fine. WHY?
Old 29th July 2005, 13:11   #18
tuckerm
Forum Emo

yp touched is updating www.yp.shoutcast.com
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2005, 13:15   #19
dotme

Have you thought about reversing the relays? I know that's a long shot...

But - on the other hand, maybe this error is normal? When you run with your original setup, does your station show as a "cluster" in the YP? Because I'm pretty sure that multiple servers running the same stream at the same bitrate only get one entry in the YellowPages, but that entry shows as a "cluster"

Just random thoughts as I start my Friday
Old 29th July 2005, 22:53   #20
reef1

Quote:
Originally posted by my stuff radio
yp touched is updating www.yp.shoutcast.com
So?

Dotme: reversing relays is not a solution and cannot be performed, because almost all relays are in USA and the cursed one is in Poland. Reversing relays would downgrade quality slightly, whith is not acceptable. And apart from that, we don't eliminate the reason of failure this way, we ommit it (I ommited it temporary, but now I am forced to use only sc_trans, my DJs are waiting for a solution, but as I see, noone has an idea what is going on, noone can help me either).

Thanks for replaying, I am happy that someone even read the topic...
Old 2nd August 2005, 21:49   #21
reef1

hyhyhy, this server is really cursed, look:
Server Status: Server is currently up and public.
Stream Status: Stream is up at 96 kbps with 502 of 500 listeners (188 unique)
Listener Peak: 502

This is no joke, I made a screenshot. In admin panel I have multiple IPs connected many times (looks like a DDoS, but I bet it is not an attack).

Does anyone know what could be reason of those strange things happening? HELP!
Old 22nd September 2005, 05:49   #22
keiichi000

Hey reef,

I'm actually getting the same problem and was curious if you are referencing the server you are relaying from using the IP address, or the DNS name.

I am hoping someone who was having this can try using the DNS name and see if it persisted, since for some STRANGE reason, Shoutcast doesn't seem to be able to look up DNS server names on a Linux box, and we are thinking that perhaps something changed on the shoutcast side.

~k1
keiichi000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support