Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th May 2014, 16:00   #1
ryerman
Major Dude
 
ryerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 623
Query Language problem: "Ends with" operator gives unexpected results

Try this search in the search bar: ?title ENDS "qzwcvb".
This is the same as a Smartview which says "Title Ends with qzwcvb"
Notice that "qzwcvb" is 6 characters (without the quotes)

I would expect very few (how about zero!) results.
Instead, I get lots of results and they all have a title with fewer than 6 characters.

Change the search to ?title ENDS "night", which is more plausible but has 5 characters.
The result is tracks with titles that end with "night", but also includes tracks that have titles that are 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 characters long, no matter what the value.

It looks like the "Ends with" operator returns results that are false if the field being searched contains a value with fewer characters than the value specified in the query.
Maybe I don't understand some mystery in the Query Language.

Is this a bug?

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 16:45   #2
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
which build# of Winamp are you using (and does it have the plug-in patches installed) ?

as it sounds like something isn't right, though i've not used that query so will need to look into it.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 17:53   #3
ryerman
Major Dude
 
ryerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 623
I'm using 5.666 build 3516 with its native in_mp3.dll (ver 4.104.0.0) and the JTFE patch gen_jumpex.dll (ver 1.33 build 1216).

The results are the same when I switch to the in_mp3.dll patch (ver 4.103.0.0).

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 18:00   #4
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
k, just wanted to make sure it's against the 'current' version. will have a look and report back once i've had a chance to look into it.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 10:58   #5
ryerman
Major Dude
 
ryerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 623
Can anyone confirm or deny this behaviour?

The Query Language is crucial to the Winamp Library and helps make it powerful and versatile.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 11:00   #6
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
i've not had a chance to check it out yet, and even if there is, since we're aiming for an end of year release, however quick i look into it is not going to help to give you a working fix.

[edit]
ok have just quickly tried and it's acting weird since it's causing a crash for me (so that would explain the weirdness you're seeing). though what is the actual cause i don't know (am in the middle of other things that need to be done internally so will be a while before i can fully triage this issue).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 11:10   #7
ryerman
Major Dude
 
ryerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 623
Thanks!
I wanted to make sure it was more than just my Winamp.
You are probably busier than a one-armed wallpaper-hanger so thanks for taking the time to confirm.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 20:09   #8
A11ectis
Member
 
A11ectis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 55
Yeah, it's not just you. It is kinda fun to mess with actually.
A11ectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 12:42   #9
DrO
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 27,873
i had a debug build available whilst working on something else and have had a quick rummage and i've put a temp fix in place, though i need to dig deeper as i think it might be an issue from the cloud additions (and then removal as part of 5.66x) to ml_local and how some of the columns are handled in some cases (as it's specifically failing when trying to process a string filed but is being provided an integer field - with the 'codec' and 'mime' values triggering it for me).

also 'ends' hasn't been working correctly for i don't know how long - when it doesn't crash it was giving results for things that just don't even belong in there e.g. ?title ends "song" was giving 1-2 character title results as well as valid 'song' matches).

looks like there's potentially more i'll need to do in order to work out what's going (though i'll probably roll that into when i remove all of the Gracenote data from the library and force a re-build of it).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 14:04   #10
ryerman
Major Dude
 
ryerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 623
Thanks for the update.

I hope you are enjoying dealing with the challenges caused by the change in ownership.

If you want plugin testers, I'm willing.
Otherwise, I'll be patiently waiting for the next build. My sense is that it will be better than ever.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump