Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion

Old 7th August 2012, 18:35   #1
paulyjura

Bug: Sync adds duplicate tracks for every occurence in playlist

Hi, I just started using this plugin because I didn't really like the built-in Winamp one.

Anyway, I have a 160gb ipod classic and I'm trying to sync my media library as well as my playlists. What I've noticed is that any track that appears in a playlist will get added twice, once for being in the media library and again for being in a playlist.

I've done some quick tests and when I try to sync a small playlist, it will add those files twice and they are in fact duplicated on the ipod. If I make a copy of that playlist, the same files will be added a third time.

I've reset my media library, deleted my playlists and reimported them from .m3u files. I've also formatted my ipod and tried a sync from scratch. No matter what I do, I get duplicate files.
paulyjura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 17:05   #2
SjakieSwart

I have the exact same problem here. I can't find anything on the web regarding this topic. Will have to look for another application if it is not solved :/
SjakieSwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 21:42   #3
burnburnrocket

I don't have this problem on my 120GB classic. How are you syncing your music? I'm using a smart playlist to sync the tracks I'm normally interested in + also syncing some regular (not smart) playlists with specific stuff on them. Items are only sent over once.
burnburnrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 14:03   #4
SjakieSwart

I use the ML_ipod plugin and use smart playlists (recently added) as well as regular playlists. If I remove the duplicate tracks and sync afterwards, they keep coming back.
Old 1st September 2012, 17:27   #5
SjakieSwart

Well, I removed the plugin and re-installed WinAmp. Guess I have to update my "recently added" folder manually... Also tried iTunes in the back (create smart list), but this playlist is being removed after I sync with WinAmp.
Old 10th September 2012, 17:20   #6
burnburnrocket

I'm sorry, I can't reproduce this on my own 120GB iPod Classic. I use both smart playlists and normal playlists with it, but I do not use Autofill. I do have the issue where my recently added smart playlist in winamp always gets screwed up when an iPod is synced, however I don't sync the Recently Added smart playlist.
Old 30th October 2012, 08:25   #7
paulyjura

Hi sorry for bringing up this old topic, but I found something interesting.

In the configuration, if I click on "choose playlists to sync", there are two options:
- Sync all media library playlists
- Sync only the playlists selected below

If I choose "Sync all", then tracks will be duplicated.

If I choose "Sync only.." and then check all of them, there are no duplicates.

Seems to be something buggy about the "Sync all" feature.
paulyjura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 18:29   #8
burnburnrocket

Paul, I see. I generally only use Sync Only with specific playlists checked, which would explain why it's not happening to me. Are you using the official 3.10 build or my 3.10p02 build from the other thread?
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion