Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Closed Thread
Old 14th December 2010, 20:45   #1
DrO

SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in v2.1.3 for Winamp (01/24/2011)

The updated version of the SHOUTcast DSP plug-in has now been released and is available from:

http://www.shoutcast.com/broadcast-tools
(Direct download link -> here)

Note: This updated version of the plug-in will only work on Winamp 5.5 and higher and requires Windows 2000 and higher to work (though the plug-in has only been actively tested on XP / Window 7). Additionally, this is a 32-bit dll like Winamp though should run fine on a 64-bit version of Windows.

Summary

This is a recommended update for anyone using the DSP plug-in as it resolves a number of stability issues with the prior 1.9x versions and also adds support for SHOUTcast 2 along with a number of other improvements to the experience of using the plug-in with a number of bug fixes as well.

Changes

Changes from v2.1.1
  • Added passing of metadata from the playing track (if known) to the server so it acts like sc_trans from a client connecting to the stream
  • Added an option to not log 'Status X bytes' messages (enabled by default) and improved log file handling
  • Added a refresh capture device button to help update the plug-in if connected capture devices have changed
  • Changed status info duration to be the time connected rather than a relative date time and allows for more than 24hrs to be displayed e.g. 26:48:57 instead of looping back to 03:48:57
  • Changed logging to filter 'Status X bytes' messages to only 1 second (if the option to include them is enabled)
  • Changed log files to use CR+LF linebreaks instead of just LF
  • Changed logging to remove newlines so each message is a single line to match the status info
  • Fixed crash on Vista (and potentially Windows 7) where no capture devices are being present resulting in no default capture device known
  • Fixed crash in SC2 mode when a different cipher is set in the plug-in to the server as well as indicating this error in the status info
  • Fixed button images in the 'Soundcard Mixer Control' section not appearing on all OSes

Changes from v2.1.0
  • Added new 'Logging' tab on the Output tab to log the connection status messages
  • Added a mini dropdown next to the 'Lock' button for 'Push to Talk' to allow the mode to be automatically enabled on startup
  • Fixed plug-in to not crash when the network connection is lost
  • Fixed random plug-in crashes whilst the plug-in is streaming (mainly in SC2 mode)
  • Fixed internal plug-in uninstall not always working
  • Fixed SC2 title updates to properly work as UTF-8 and to not strip out characters incorrectly
  • Fixed next track detection to only be reported if shuffle mode is off and not to act in an undefined manner when on the last playlist item (wraps around to the start of the playlist as needed)
  • Fixed title updates to cope with the same title being played but the next song title being different
  • Changed SC2 metadata to not output <soon> and <title seq="2"> tags in the xml metadata if they are not known (when shuffle mode is enabled)
  • Changed the <TENC/> tag in the xml metadata to include the plug-in version

Changes from v2.0.2
  • Added a separate capture device fader timeout option
  • Added copies of the plug-in documentation as an installer option
  • Added help and documentation links to the 'About' tab
  • Changed on Vista / Windows 7 to only show actually connected capture devices (requires a restart of the plug-in if connecting a new device whilst the plug-in is active (*))
  • Changed the 'Open Mixer' button to open to the recording devices dialog on Vista / Windows 7
  • Changed wording of the legacy mode checkbox to be clearer (hopefully) and added an info panel below to deal with the 'Cipher response message'
  • Changed capture device level to not alter the device's level unless Push to Talk is active
  • Changed the resolution on the faders from 500ms to 100ms (will re-map old settings)
  • Changed opening of help links in the plug-in to follow Winamp's style of handling
  • Fixed major issue in the plug-in leading to breaking of Winamp (and 3rd party plug-in's) COM usage
  • Fixed running of the plug-in not starting auto-connect connections when 'Input' or 'About' were the opened tab
  • Fixed capture device level not being correctly handled leading to spiking in on transitions (affected at least Windows 2000 / XP where it is all known to work)
  • Fixed capture devices source selection not being remembered
  • Fixed capture device and source levels not being set back to the non-Push to Talk level if Push to Talk is active when the plug-in is closed
  • Fixed a few localisation issues with missing items on Windows 2000 / XP
  • Fixed capture deviceRemoved tooltip from the microphone slider on the line-in page
  • Fixed some issues with the installer and uninstaller
  • Miscellaneous code changes to make some things easier to manage
(*) There are other changes being made to the plug-ins handling of the Input devices over the next few versions so this behaviour will change again

Changes from v2.0.0
  • Fixed SHOUTcast 1 connection errors to a remote connection
  • Fixed authorisation error checking for Ultravox 2 & 2.1
  • More changes to the output manager to avoid out of sync states
  • Fixed timing issue which caused out of sequence Ultravox audio data frames in some scenarios
  • Fixed some localisation and tabbing order issues on the config pages
  • Removed unwanted encoder option on the Output -> Connection tab
  • Added a SHOUTcast 1 mode only information prompt on how to enter the password for DJ connections
Changes from v1.9.1
  • Added SHOUTcast 2 (Ultravox 2.1) support for the generated stream data
  • Cleanup and general fixes to the streaming support in the plug-in
  • Fixed settings not being saved on Vista / Windows 7
  • Fixed a number of lock-ups in the plug-in (should be more stable now)
  • Fixed plug-in to not stall if Winamp is not playing
  • Fixed a number of UI issues (tabs not showing in all cases, controls not in the correct tabbing order, theming issues, notification icon handling)
  • Config window now remembers its last position between use
  • Improved Lame encoder quality
  • Attempted to resolve standard AAC (LC-AAC) not working (additionally this is reported as audio/aacp so it will work with the YP)
  • Uses the current enc_aacplus.dll (AAC / AAC+ encoder) from the Winamp install used instead of bundling an old version from Winamp 5.1)
  • Fixed SHOUTcast 1 issue with titles containing "[" & "]"
  • Changes made to improve selection of the 'microphone' device allowing for more control over the capture device used
  • Added localisation support to the plug-in (including supporting localised encoder plug-ins when showing their configurations)
  • Some other minor changes including those from the 1.9.2 beta

Reporting Issues

If you do come across an issue with the plug-in, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.

Important Notes

1) There are still a few issues regarding the soundcard control features on Vista / Windows 7 due to changes made in these OSes in the way it handles sound and how it can be obtained. This is being investigated though there is no eta on when a resolution will be found.

2) By default on new installs of the plug-in, it will enable support for using the newer SHOUTcast 2 features. However, if you're using an older version of the DNAS (or an alternative which is not compatible with the SHOUTcast 2 protocol) then you will need to check the 'Use legacy SHOUTcast v1 protocol' on the Output Page -> Connection Tab.

Issues

Cipher response received message - If this happens then you most likely are connecting in SHOUTcast 2 mode to a SHOUTcast 1 setup and so need check the 'Use legacy SHOUTcast v1 protocol' on the Output Page -> Connection Tab.

Soundcard Mixer Control - On Vista / Windows 7 there are issues with the use of the features with the selected device to act as the 'microphone' where it basically will not work in an expected manner. This is being investigated though is not clear if there will be a solution for this.

Thanks

Big thanks goes to jkey for much of the work done in the update and fixing of the plug-in (out weighs my UI fixes to the plug-in). Also not forgetting the lucky people (especially thinktink) who helped out in testing of the internal builds of the plug-in during it's current update.

-daz
Old 14th December 2010, 20:48   #2
DrO

This is a must update for anyone using the v2.0.x versions of the plug-in so it doesn't break certain parts of the Winamp player related to COM usage.

Previous discussion can be found in the v2.0.x discussion thread -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=324251

-daz
Old 14th December 2010, 20:57   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
DrO,

i am excited to try this out, will probably install it on the overnight shift.

your work, as jkey's is greatly appreciated!!!

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 14th December 2010, 21:30   #4
DrO

you're not allowed to install it, you break things

-daz
Old 15th December 2010, 06:03   #5
mjbrown

Testing on Windows 2000 with Winamp 5.6

When using the DSP in v1 mode as a source to a v1.9.8 DNAS (linux build, running on FreeBSD), non-ASCII characters are coming through in the titles just fine, which makes me very happy.

But when using v2 mode as a source to a v2.1.0 DNAS (BSD build), all the non-ASCII characters, as well as square brackets, are being stripped. Is this a known issue?

Let me know if you need more info about my configuration.
Old 15th December 2010, 07:32   #6
mjbrown

Still testing on Windows 2000, but replicated this on Windows XP as well.

When this version of the SHOUTcast DSP is installed alongside the Sqrsoft Advanced Crossfading output plug-in v1.7.6.1180, there is an incompatibility which crashes Winamp due to an access violation in dsp_sc.dll. There are at least two situations which cause the crashes:
  • When the ACF plug-in's config doesn't reference the SHOUTcast DSP, as happens after a default install—i.e. when out_sqr.ini either doesn't yet exist (it's not written until after first use) or its DspPlgName is blank and DspModID=-1—Winamp crashes when launching the ACF plug-in's config window.
  • When the ACF plug-in's config does reference the SHOUTcast DSP—e.g. in out_sqr.ini, DspPlgName=dsp_sc.dll and DspModId=0—Winamp crashes upon launching, or, if out_sqr.ini was already in the plugins folder, Winamp crashes upon installation of the ACF.
It doesn't matter if the SHOUTcast DSP is enabled or not. I thought perhaps it might be related changes in Winamp 5.6, but it happens under 5.58, too. This behavior is not present when using the same setup with the SHOUTcast DSP v1.9.0; no problems there. Again, please let me know if you need more info from me. If I can reach him, I'll see if the ACF plug-in's author wants to help test & debug.
Old 15th December 2010, 08:48   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

indeed i do... but this runs VERY well! big improvement from the 1.9.x stuff i was using.

some comments nonetheless:

when you install it, you have to close winamp first. i learned that the hard way, i had only closed [X'd] the old DSP. maybe it should prompt you to do it, like the backup tool does?

this next bit is probably nothing you can do anything about, but maybe you can, and its interesting anyway...

i run winamp lite 5.601 with your dsp 2.1 on a XP SP2 box, very stable and reliable, even before the updates. however, i only have remote access to the machines. when i first set them up around 2002 or so, i came across a very strange RDP (and maybe XP?) behavior. if upon booting, the machine doesn't logon LOCALLY first, the audio won't route via the soundcards input to winamp/dsp.

so if the machine was on, but my profile hadn't locally auto-logged in, and then i remoted into it, there was NOTHING i could do to get the audio to go into the dsp. the only workaround i found, was for the machine to autologon unattended, and THEN i could remote in if needed, and it would work.

but even then, if i have to close winamp, i can't get the audio back on restarting winamp. i have to do ctrl-alt-end and remotely restart the whole computer, just to get it to autologon, to get the audio flowing back into the DSP. on my end, i had my rdp connect options set to "leave audio at the remote machine" but that made no difference, nothing i tried did.

it took me forever to figure all this out back in 2002 and a lot of fruitless google searches until i came across several pieces of the story that were enough for me to piece it all together.

what i would like, is the ability to get the audio to the DSP regardless of how the machine is first logged on, meaning remotely or locally.

is that beyond your power? i get the feeling this is going to be microsoft nonsense that can't be overcome, but i know you're working on other mixer/audio aspects and so i thought it would be good to ask.

--
Old 15th December 2010, 08:55   #8
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbrown View Post
But when using v2 mode as a source to a v2.1.0 DNAS (BSD build), all the non-ASCII characters, as well as square brackets, are being stripped. Is this a known issue?
not that i am aware off though it might be from Win2k not dealing with those characters nicely. would have to check into things a bit more to see what difference there is between the two modes. looks like i will definitely have to install a Windows 2000 VM now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbrown View Post
It doesn't matter if the SHOUTcast DSP is enabled or not. I thought perhaps it might be related changes in Winamp 5.6, but it happens under 5.58, too. This behavior is not present when using the same setup with the SHOUTcast DSP v1.9.0; no problems there.
do you have a link to the version of ACF you are using as the site appears to be down and the version on Winamp.com is v1.75. however i've a feeling it is more due to ACF not providing the Winamp 5.5 support needed by the plug-in which causes the crash you're seeing though i may be wrong. this is mentioned in the documentation which includes the following note (though i'll need to amend it to directly mention plug-ins trying to load it as well)
Quote:
The v2 of the plug-in is designed to work only on Winamp 5.5 and up due to better api usage and integration with the player. If you want to use it with an alternative player, then this will need to support all of the apis the plug-in may use.
-daz
Old 15th December 2010, 09:03   #9
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
when you install it, you have to close winamp first. i learned that the hard way, i had only closed [X'd] the old DSP. maybe it should prompt you to do it, like the backup tool does?
i'd not gotten around to add in the Winamp close feature to the installer though it does state on the welcome page of the installer that Winamp needs to be closed. will add it in for the next drop of the plug-in.

Quote:
what i would like, is the ability to get the audio to the DSP regardless of how the machine is first logged on, meaning remotely or locally.

is that beyond your power? i get the feeling this is going to be microsoft nonsense that can't be overcome, but i know you're working on other mixer/audio aspects and so i thought it would be good to ask.
that sounds more like funky rdp / terminal related handling and with the hacky way the plug-in is capturing the audio, i'm not too sure there's much i'd be able to do about that. the best i can do is log it down and see if i can find the means to look into reproducing the issue to see if it is something which can be resolved though from what i understand, if the audio isn't there when it does startup then the capturing method the plug-in tries to do will fail like you see.

so not too sure if it can be worked around but have made a note.

-daz
Old 15th December 2010, 11:09   #10
jaromanda
Forum King

If you're using Windows Remote Desktop Client, I think it kills audio recording, as the only options in RDC are "record from this computer", which you do not want, and "do not record"

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
Old 15th December 2010, 11:26   #11
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaromanda View Post
If you're using Windows Remote Desktop Client, I think it kills audio recording, as the only options in RDC are "record from this computer", which you do not want, and "do not record"
none of that applies, i'm not trying to record anything via rdp. the client i use to connect is whats built into the OS. i use XP and win7 RDP clients to connect to the remote server. they have even more audio options then what you say above, but they don't impact the issue b/c i tried them all and it makes no difference.

the issue afaict is how the machine routes the audio. whats weird is that even if you get it working via a local autologon, if you then remote in, and quit winamp, and restart winamp, it won't work. remoting in disturbs the audio routing from soundcard to winamp if you quit/re-initiate winamp, in spite of the client rdp settings.

this is just kooky odd behavior... why would the OS not let the audio reach winamp/dsp via analog soundcard line-in just b/c of a remote session as opposed to a local one?

it doesn't kill the audio when you remote in if its already established, but it does prevent you from initiating it remotely if not. thats just weird.

--
Old 15th December 2010, 11:43   #12
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
this is just kooky odd behavior... why would the OS not let the audio reach winamp/dsp via analog soundcard line-in just b/c of a remote session as opposed to a local one?
because remote desktop kills "record", as I stated

line-in -> winamp/dsp is via "record" source

Remote Session does only allow recording from the remoting computer OR NO recording ... there is no option analogous to the "play on remote" for the playback selection

Old 15th December 2010, 12:12   #13
MrSinatra
Forum King

maybe we're talking past each other, i don't know... but on my win7 laptop, my rdp client has these options:

"
remote audio playback

1. play on this computer
2. do not play
3. play on remote computer

remote audio recording

1. record from this computer
2. do not record
"

on XP's rdp client, one of the options was "leave the audio at the remote computer" or something close to that.

i understand that you are saying that there isn't an explicit "record at remote machine" option, but that doesn't prevent it from continuing if i remote into a session that was auto-logged on first. in other words, its not only a missing option, its inconsistent in behavior as well.

in addition to that, i think its confusing of them to have a function which allows you to playback the audio at the remote computer, but not record it there remotely. the option gives the impression that ALL the audio, rec/playback can be left at the remote machine. not to mention, i thought the recording options were for streamripping, like for audio documenting a session.

and stepping back from the weeds here, wtf does RDP get involved in the first place? its patently stupid of MS to purposely not allow the audio to route in an analog line-in no matter what. why prevent it? what purpose does that serve?

the simple option they should have, and don't, is "ignore audio on either end" so RDP doesn't interfere with audio routing on either end, and uses zero BW in that regard. if they did that, the machine would just act normally... and treat a remote session as if it were a local one where the audio is concerned, and that would be far better than this BS where i have to restart the machine and pray it auto-logs on.

anyway, thx for the info.

--
Old 15th December 2010, 12:24   #14
MrSinatra
Forum King

btw, DrO,

the "Lock" button, which i have depressed to prevent accidental clicks on that stuff, doesn't seem to persist via a reboot, unless i'm mistaken.

--
Old 15th December 2010, 12:42   #15
DrO

Quote:
the "Lock" button, which i have depressed to prevent accidental clicks on that stuff, doesn't seem to persist via a reboot, unless i'm mistaken.
i've not known the lock button to persist between sessions at least not with the versions of the plug-in i've worked on.

maybe it's due to Fixed capture device and source levels not being set back to the non-Push to Talk level if Push to Talk is active when the plug-in is closed as that was causing me more issues by not being reset when closing it.

just tried 1.9.1 and that doesn't restore the locked state either though i guess since it never reset the device levels then it wouldn't have been noticed until the change. i suppose an ini only option or some extension of the lock button to determine if the mode persists could be done.

-daz
Old 15th December 2010, 21:34   #16
MrSinatra
Forum King

its not crucial or anything, but it would be nice if it did persist, b/c i would like it "locked" permanently basically, in my usage. thx.

--
Old 15th December 2010, 22:42   #17
mjbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it might be from Win2k not dealing with those characters nicely
Just checked, streaming from a source DSP on XP to a DNAS on BSD, and the characters disappear with that combination, too. So it's not a Win2K thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
do you have a link to the version of ACF you are using as the site appears to be down and the version on Winamp.com is v1.75.
We followed up in PMs, but for the benefit of others, 1.76.1180 is at (remove the extra space)
code:
http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar /downloads/

I tried writing to Mariano López (developer of the ACF) today and I pointed him to this thread, but the only address I have for him is at the same domain with the broken homepage. It didn't bounce, but who knows if he'll get it or have time to do any development. It was 6½ years between the release of 1.75 (mid-2002) and 1.76 (late 2008). If you're on Facebook you might try messaging him there: http://www.facebook.com/pages/SqrSof...9767925?v=wall
Old 15th December 2010, 23:03   #18
DrO

Quote:
its not crucial or anything, but it would be nice if it did persist, b/c i would like it "locked" permanently basically, in my usage. thx.
that's fair enough. i'd expected there might be an issue with making the 'fix' so had already pencilled in to do some form of override on the mode anyway.

and from something mjbrown was having issues with, will also be looking to add in some sort of logging option on the plug-in's connection attempts as i've found it tricky to track issues with connections a couple of times myself.

-daz
Old 21st December 2010, 21:30   #19
DrO

First post has now been updated with a link to the newly released v2.1.1 of the plug-in which fixes most of the issues reported (and a few more) since v2.1.0 was released. Enjoy!

-daz
Old 22nd December 2010, 00:53   #20
demonicpagan

I'm finding that if i minimize the plug-in (running 2.1.1) that it disconnects from my server and thus my server reports as offline.
Old 22nd December 2010, 04:18   #21
MrSinatra
Forum King

does depressing the lock button also enable push to talk, and so by doing enable all that mixer jazz including the mic input and levels, etc?

if so, i would like the lock button to operate independently of PTT, such that it merely locked one out of those controls, regardless of if they are enabled or not.

--
Old 22nd December 2010, 06:00   #22
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
does depressing the lock button also enable push to talk, and so by doing enable all that mixer jazz including the mic input and levels, etc?

if so, i would like the lock button to operate independently of PTT, such that it merely locked one out of those controls, regardless of if they are enabled or not.
that would completely change the functionality of the lock button

Old 22nd December 2010, 06:08   #23
MrSinatra
Forum King

instead of rolling your eyes why don't you explain that statement? educate me.

--
Old 22nd December 2010, 08:49   #24
DrO

lock is just the same as manually pushing and holding the PTT button and in either state it's doing the mixing stuff, its just which option is being enabled changes depending on the pushed state i.e. when pushed the selected capture device is set to the level set for the 'mic level' value (i should have renamed that).

i've re-read you last pm a few times and i'm thinking you may be using this mode when you probably don't need to be but i'm not 100% - it doesn't help that everything works differently depending upon the OS being used and i'm not keen on changing the handling of things unless it resolves a valid issue which affects most users which i don't think changing the lock behaviour would be a good thing to do.

demonicpagan: i've just tried and i've not been able to get it to disconnect. maybe try the connection status logging and see what is being reported from the status messages to see what might be going on.

-daz
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:45   #25
demonicpagan

I have the logging enabled and seeing if there is anything reported in it.
Old 22nd December 2010, 23:37   #26
demonicpagan

It disconnected and probably had been for some time. I was not at my pc when it probably did. Here is what I see in the log.

2010-12-22 08:53:49 [20:22:57] Sent 622109269 bytes
2010-12-22 17:34:08 Not Connected
2010-12-22 17:34:08 Connecting
2010-12-22 17:34:08 Cipher Response received
2010-12-22 17:34:09 Receiving Authorization Response
2010-12-22 17:34:09 Response received
2010-12-22 17:34:09 Sending Flush
2010-12-22 17:34:09 Sending Standby
2010-12-22 17:34:09 [18:00:01] Sent 871671371 bytes

Not much to go on there for any errors. Stream reconnects once I restore the window which seems to be when the reports the disconnect and then the reconnect.
Old 23rd December 2010, 00:55   #27
MrSinatra
Forum King

what ver DNAS are you using? for dnas 1.9.x it [the dsp] needs the legacy option enabled.

--
Old 23rd December 2010, 02:56   #28
demonicpagan

I'm not having an issue w the DNAS, it's the DSP plugin for winamp.
Old 23rd December 2010, 03:03   #29
MrSinatra
Forum King

i understand, but the 2.x ver of the DSP needs to be told to go into a legacy mode to work with 1.9.x vers of the DNAS, so i was wondering if you did that? what ver DNAS are you using?

it might not be the problem, but i suspect DrO would ask the same thing.

--
Old 23rd December 2010, 06:53   #30
mjbrown

Some minor problems with the new connection logging feature:
  • Clicking on the View log button causes a disconnection.
  • Logging of "bytes sent" messages should be optional, so the log doesn't fill up so fast and isn't constantly being written to.
  • The log should use CR+LF line breaks instead of just LF.
Other than that, the DSP v2.1.1 is working great for me so far. All the issues I reported here and in PMs seem to be resolved except for one: Winamp still crashes on startup if both the SqrSoft ACF 1.7.6.1180 and SHOUTcast DSP 2.1.1 plug-ins are installed.

I'm told the ACF locks up Winamp on Win7, and as DrO mentioned here, it needs some updates to work better with Winamp 5.5 and up. I've emailed and tweeted the ACF author to draw his attention to this thread. Maybe he can tell us if an update is forthcoming.
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:40   #31
DrO

demonicpagan: that looks like the connection to the server failed and the v2.1.1 plug-in is now designed to stop if that happens (is related to the crash fixes in it as just continuing to stream without a connection was causing all sorts of issues). make sure that 'Automatic reconnection on connection failure' is enabled on the connection as that is intended for such cases. will have to see if i can get an interim message added to the logs when a connection failure occurs instead of it just showing is it does.

mjbrown: will get the line end changed for the next version.

i've tried opening the log on a few machines and i've not been able to reproduce the connection failing though it's probably not too sensible to be looking at the log when things are connected - is more for when there is a connection issue like with the case of demonicpagan.

with the bytes sent messages, i was more just thinking of reducing logs to just one have the first event of that type in the current second instead of the 13 or so i've got in my logs per second. then again, having it created in a shared mode so it can be written to and read at the same time maybe wasn't such a good idea...

as for the ACF issue, i'm not keen on fixing the issue in the DSP (can be done) as it's meant to be a strictly 5.5+ style of plug-in but if no ACF fix is going to come and i've seen a fair number of legacy posts about using the two together i guess i can add in a hidden ini option to enable the fix. but i'm really not keen on doing that.

-daz
Old 24th December 2010, 01:12   #32
demonicpagan

I'm using DNAS version 2.x
Old 27th December 2010, 09:38   #33
Tofuboi

I have seemed to run into a strange problem after upgrading from the old 1.9.x series of the DSP plugin for WinAMP.

My settings are identical to the previous setup I had. I am using 1.9.x series DNAS so Legacy is enabled. Logging is disabled to avoid excessive disk usage.

It connects to the DNAS server and streams just fine, however after a while the DSP plugin and DNAS server seem to not talk to themselves and just drop the source from the server. But it'll immediately reconnect again no worries. Input is occuring 24/7 so there's no issue with activity timeouts or anything. I'm just really confused as it was working perfectly fine before on the old DSP and with the new 2.1.1 it seems to just start having trouble.

I would upgrade to DNAS 2.x however I have issues with it communicating the YP server getting messages like 'Stream not found' etc, but that's for another thread.

NOTE: The DNAS and DSP are on the same box.
NOTE 2: I removed the DSP plugin before installing the new one.
Old 28th December 2010, 13:53   #34
DrO

Tofuboi: the most likely reason is for the changes in how the plug-in works as of v2 and more specifically some changes made in v2.1.1 which will cause the connection to sometimes drop instead of the plug-in completely crashing - the lesser of two issues i thought to experience until i can properly look into things a bit more closely.

also there were quite a number of issues of people having issues with the older v1 not working or crashing so i can only guess you were one of the lucky ones with the older DSP.

demonicpagan: have you made sure that 'Automatic reconnection on connection failure' is checked for the selected output in the plug-in's preferences? i'd also like to see a plug-ins list -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins and attach the generated report to this thread please.

-daz
Old 13th January 2011, 23:53   #35
radionewbie

hello all i have a question with dsp2.1.1 i got the 5.6 win app and downloaded the new plug-in for the shoutout dsp 2.1 i have windows 7 and 64 bit and ever time i go under dsp/effect tab and pick the plug winapp stops working
Old 14th January 2011, 09:12   #36
DrO

radionewbie: i really need to see a plug-ins list (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins) and if you could send me copies of dsp_sc.ini and dsp_sc_enc.ini from you Winamp settings folder (should be in %appdata%\Winamp\plugins when entered into Windows Explorer).

-daz
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:39   #37
DigiBC

There's still a little display bug regarding the status counter on the "Output" tab:

The status counter of the connection time starts at 1:00:00 instead of 0:00:00.

It seems to relate to both Windows versions. (I've tested Windows XP x86 and Windows 7 x64.)

I've found no other issues!
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:24   #38
DrO

i think that might be from how the status counter is based as it's uses some time functions to base things off the current time rather than the actual time a connection has been happening for. i changed it about a week ago in the internal version to just show the actual duration so it'll cope with displaying more than 24hour connections instead of looping back to 00:00;00 (which seemed wrong to me when doing some stability testing).

-daz
Old 25th January 2011, 22:23   #39
DrO

Updated the DSP to v2.1.3 with changelog and direct link updated in the first post.

-daz
Old 29th January 2011, 08:42   #40
Jkey
Forum King

Sorry I have not been in touch fella.
You have been busy I see,great job

Keep up the good work.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions