Old 2nd January 2014, 19:58   #401
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

I cooked a few CDs just before Xmas for the girlfriend. FLAC to CD-R. Not sure if she has tried playing them - I'll BBM her and ask. I know I didn't get any errors up after burning.

The CD-Rs were burnt for the same reason - easier to use in a car. Especially as the GF is not an IT geek so prefers real CDs to digital audio files.

Edit: Just had confirmation from GF that the CDs I burnt playback fine in the car. She has tested two out of three so far without troubles. Winamp CD burning behaving fine for me.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:31   #402
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
I burnt an Audio CD using Winamp (5.666, Build 3516) last week for my grandparents (those cases seem to be the most likely ones for burning audio CDs these days ;-) ) and all went well, even CD text was written onto the disc from the tags.
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:33   #403
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
is that new? the cd text by winamp? is there a pref for that?

I was on a newish dell xps desktop and when I tried to burn the mp3s to cd (redbook style) via winamp it borked twice at the very start of the process making coasters. did the same files via nero, np.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:11   #404
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

I thought CD Text has been in there for a while, but you need a CD Player that supports it. (Guess the burner needs to too). My burning done on a Pioneer DVD Writer (DVR-215D) using some random no-name CD-Rs. Never seen a coaster spat out.

Personally I don't cook MP3 to CD-R if I can avoid it due to the lossy nature of the source files. Can't see any reason the source format would be a problem here. Maybe just something fussy between Sonic and your Dell as they are often fairly generic drives in PCs like that.
Old 19th January 2014, 14:27   #405
ksio.amaral89

Thanks God the final version is still available for download

What can I say about Winamp, during the last 16 years my musical preferences have widely changed, but I could always resort to goold ol' Winamp to play them :'-(

Thanks to all the developers, testers, skinners and all the other involved with Winamp
ksio.amaral89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 05:14   #406
xfullmetal17

Considering Winamp is *not* shutting down, any chance the notice on the download page about December 20 could go away?
xfullmetal17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 07:28   #407
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfullmetal17 View Post
Considering Winamp is *not* shutting down, any chance the notice on the download page about December 20 could go away?
The notice is still there because those pages are still on AOL's servers.
So far, only the forums have been switched over to Radionomy's servers.
Everything else will be switching over in the coming days/weeks,
and then I can guarantee that everyone will notice the difference....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 11:21   #408
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
The notice is still there because those pages are still on AOL's servers.
So far, only the forums have been switched over to Radionomy's servers.
Everything else will be switching over in the coming days/weeks,
and then I can guarantee that everyone will notice the difference....
Site Redsign?!?!

woot woot!
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 11:28   #409
DrO

and hopefully they'll remove all of the crappy / broken plug-ins, etc off it...
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 12:00   #410
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
That would be cool. On with the future. (assuming that the future is bright)
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 15:36   #411
ydnartitcomb

The future is always bright when we take charge of it and control it.....Have fun
ydnartitcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 08:38   #412
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
What I've seen for a "new Winamp design" as a little peek, from the radionomy marketing newsletter that floated around the web last week, I really really like the new design... (light grey, orange, a new lightweight logo font, but keeping the good old Design elements from Winamp's and Shoutcast's logo).

If that's what's coming up, I'm really looking forward to it
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2014, 02:25   #413
hawke

I hope new Winamp add *.DAT & *.VOB format,thanks.
(VCD & DVD)
hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2014, 09:32   #414
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawke View Post
I hope new Winamp add *.DAT & *.VOB format,thanks.
(VCD & DVD)
You can add them yourself to the decoders. Open up the Preferences, locate the Plugins, Select the Input section and highlight "Nullsoft Driect Show Decoder", hit the Configure button.

You now have a list of file associations that can be decoded by Direct Show. Just tag ;DAT;VOB onto the end giving you a list like: MPEG;M2V;AVI;DAT;VOB
Old 25th January 2014, 13:20   #415
ItaraFolf

Much as I hate to prod on an issue ..... the mscvr90.dll issue, is there any progress on that? I have a list of over 1.7 thousands songs that crash at random places if I try and play it. read it or send to replaygain calc.

I would try to track the files down but it is, like the prior issue I brought up, pushing me to wits end.

Edit: For now, doing as reccommended in the bug thread and using the prior in_mp3 library
ItaraFolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2014, 13:55   #416
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaraFolf View Post
Much as I hate to prod on an issue ..... the mscvr90.dll issue, is there any progress on that? I have a list of over 1.7 thousands songs that crash at random places if I try and play it. read it or send to replaygain calc.

I would try to track the files down but it is, like the prior issue I brought up, pushing me to wits end.

Edit: For now, doing as reccommended in the bug thread and using the prior in_mp3 library
So, just to get this right. Are you saying you do have your fix if you are using the previous in_mp3 library? That *is* the fix for many people. Especially until we all find out what happens after Winamp settles in with its new owner.
Old 25th January 2014, 21:00   #417
ItaraFolf

Yes Batter. It's a cludge (which is something I avoid if I can) but going back a plug-in version worked.
Old 25th January 2014, 23:17   #418
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Not really a big solution but... For those wanting to use Winamp 5.666 latest build "as is", I recommend Tag&Rename soft, it´s really fast and complete. My current setup is simple: no ID3v1 tags, no comments, no unneeded fields, just artist/album/title/year), works flawlessly and I always used it. Last builds never crashed on me =).
The app has a lot of batch actions that would simplify your life.. The "but" is that it is shareware (although the 30 days trial may be enough to "fix" your library).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 01:29   #419
the_hyrax_lord

Exciting times for all; new look sounds great!
the_hyrax_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 06:15   #420
ItaraFolf

And now another issue has reared its ugly head: After 'fixing' the mp3 issues and continuing to calculate replaygain in my music, I have noticed that some AAC data containing files (m4as containing either LC AAC or HE AAC) will cause a crash if I attempt to process them with the replaygain calculator.

This has happened at least twice now and has utterly destroyed the files in question - the files themselves exist on the hard drive but presently are nothing more than dead space as all information that allows a media player to identify them and play them is now apparently gone.

These were files extracted off of CDs using older versions of Winamp itself.
Old 26th January 2014, 09:31   #421
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
My current setup is simple: no ID3v1 tags, no comments, no unneeded fields, just artist/album/title/year), works flawlessly and I always used it. Last builds never crashed on me =).
If you don't use a genre tag and you do use the <Shift+E> tag editor, then do not revert to the 4.103 version of in_mp3.dll. That editor has a problem with files that do not contain a genre tag. The 4.104 version of in_mp3.dll was made to deal with that issue.

Unfortunately v4.104 also causes a problem with some users' mp3 files, but it works fine with my 6K+ collection (each file containing both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags and embedded art, but no replaygain tags). I process all my mp3s with "MP3 Gain" for volume leveling. So I believe the fault is somehow with the mp3 files that do not work with v4.104, but my collection is small relative to many others and the quick 'fix' is to revert to v4.103 (and use genre tags when using the <Shift+E> tag editor).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 14:03   #422
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaraFolf View Post
And now another issue has reared its ugly head: After 'fixing' the mp3 issues and continuing to calculate replaygain in my music, I have noticed that some AAC data containing files (m4as containing either LC AAC or HE AAC) will cause a crash if I attempt to process them with the replaygain calculator.

This has happened at least twice now and has utterly destroyed the files in question - the files themselves exist on the hard drive but presently are nothing more than dead space as all information that allows a media player to identify them and play them is now apparently gone.

These were files extracted off of CDs using older versions of Winamp itself.
wow, that's pretty serious.

I think the best thing for you to do is to copy all your m4a files now, so if winamp destroys anymore, it only destroys the copy. and then that way you can identify and upload files to the winamp devs that demonstrate the issue.

just to be sure, do you have any 3rd party plugins at all? might be an idea to start a new thread in bug reports for this issue and post your info report.

--
Old 26th January 2014, 16:52   #423
ItaraFolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
wow, that's pretty serious.

I think the best thing for you to do is to copy all your m4a files now, so if winamp destroys anymore, it only destroys the copy. and then that way you can identify and upload files to the winamp devs that demonstrate the issue.

just to be sure, do you have any 3rd party plugins at all? might be an idea to start a new thread in bug reports for this issue and post your info report.
Actually, already did the Winamp Info Tool thing earlier in this thread. Aside from video game format related inputs and the in_mp3.dll being dropped back a version .... No plugin changes.

As far as the m4as go ... for now I'll have to take a bit more care in what I send into the replaygain calculator. I'll have to isolate the casualties and then archive the rest as I come across them, external hard drive is a disorganized mess. The two casualties, I'll need to send off when I get paid to be repaired (yes, that can be done but at a price.)
Old 26th January 2014, 16:59   #424
MrSinatra
Forum King

ok, but it still would be worthy to see if you can reproduce the issue while running winamp in safe mode.

also, if the issue can be reproduced reliably with certain files (your copies) it would be good to provide them to the devs so they can fix winamp. (it would also be good to know if the issue is intermittent or not for any one given file, and if so, degree of intermittency)

just fyi, I have a very vague memory of some strange issue where RG would "zero out" the file or something like that. whatever it was, there was no audio info left in the file, so do be careful if those files are that precious.

--
Old 26th January 2014, 17:19   #425
ItaraFolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
ok, but it still would be worthy to see if you can reproduce the issue while running winamp in safe mode.

also, if the issue can be reproduced reliably with certain files (your copies) it would be good to provide them to the devs so they can fix winamp. (it would also be good to know if the issue is intermittent or not for any one given file, and if so, degree of intermittency)

just fyi, I have a very vague memory of some strange issue where RG would "zero out" the file or something like that. whatever it was, there was no audio info left in the file, so do be careful if those files are that precious.
Thus far the issues appear to be limited to just that collection of music, ripped off of four mix CDs a friend had.

From the first disc, no issues whatsoever. it's when it goes to process files from the second disc onward that this has happened.

I noticed in the older bug reports something about an issue with path naming conventions .... Could that be what's screwing with it?

Full path from the second onward being (external drive letter)\My Music\Many - Lee's Second (Third/Fourth for the other directories, first one has NO mention of which number in set) Mix Disc\(track Number) - (Artist) - (Album) - (Track Name).m4a
Old 27th January 2014, 14:51   #426
Alcahest

The opportunity for a proper CDDA plugin finally ;_;
Still using in_CDReader.dll 2.00b3 by Vladimir Kopjov / Copah here ^^;;
Alcahest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 15:12   #427
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
The opportunity for a proper CDDA plugin finally ;_;
Still using in_CDReader.dll 2.00b3 by Vladimir Kopjov / Copah here ^^;;
Think you really need the Wish List.

But what does this in_CDReader.dll do? Winamp can happily play and rip a CD. So what else was CDReader supposed do do that Winamp can't already? (And if you paid for Winamp, it ripped faster)

Edit: Clearly I am missing something. reading this thread: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1576378 it is clear that plugin has been useless for ages. Even the last of Winamp v2.xx version did full Digital Audio Ripping.

So just throw it away and install the latest Winamp instead. Simple.
Old 27th January 2014, 15:25   #428
Alcahest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batter Pudding View Post
So just throw it away and install the latest Winamp instead. Simple.
Not in a million years. It's extremely light. It doesn't come with all the gracenote bs. It allows custom freedb URLs to retrieve album + track titles. It doesn't have any skipping issue like the official plugin (when i tried it) and I don't rip with WinAmp either.
Old 27th January 2014, 15:32   #429
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcahest View Post
Not in a million years. It's extremely light. It doesn't come with all the gracenote bs. It allows custom freedb URLs to retrieve album + track titles. It doesn't have any skipping issue like the official plugin (when i tried it) and I don't rip with WinAmp either.
You still don't really make sense. What do you use that out of date plugin for? I can't see a "bug" you are reporting here. Just a WishList thing really.

Have you even tried a modern version of Winamp? I don't get any skips on playing or ripping CDs in Winamp. The only thing I can see different is freedb instead of Gracenote.

Personally I rip more with EAC now, that also uses freedb.

Just trying to understand what you are describing as missing.
Old 27th January 2014, 15:37   #430
Alcahest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batter Pudding View Post
You still don't really make sense. What do you use that out of date plugin for? I can't see a "bug" you are reporting here. Just a WishList thing really.

Have you even tried a modern version of Winamp? I don't get any skips on playing or ripping CDs in Winamp. The only thing I can see different is freedb instead of Gracenote.

Personally I rip more with EAC now, that also uses freedb.

Just trying to understand what you are describing as missing.
1. This is not a bug report thread.
2. The plugin I mention still works perfectly fine with 5.666 b3516.
The downsides:
- User needs to browse and open the .cda files manually.
- No unicode support.
3. You said it yourself "The only thing I can see different is freedb instead of Gracenote", it makes all the difference to me.
Old 2nd February 2014, 13:31   #431
kobalty

just installed..
mm...
kobalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:59   #432
xDR1TeK

Last by Nullsoft?

Installed
Is this the last by Nullsoft?
xDR1TeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 20:19   #433
DrO

"Nullsoft" hasn't meant much for years - especially when the people that constituted Nullsoft all left over a decade ago. is better to just think of things as Winamp and not really as something by Nullsoft.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2014, 18:51   #434
dpa2007

Greetings all,
is there a way (plugin maybe) to make winamp starts playing an internet station at a specific time and day?
thanks in advance,
sorry if i am offtopic
dpa2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2014, 19:02   #435
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@dpa2007

Use Windows Task Scheduler to run "x:\path\to\winamp.exe" /NEW "http://st.re.am:port" at the specific date and time.

(the /NEW is optional, but will force Winamp to open a new instance, so you don't lose your current playlist if Winamp is already open)

Task Scheduler can be found via: Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 09:08   #436
dpa2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
@dpa2007

Use Windows Task Scheduler to run "x:\path\to\winamp.exe" /NEW "http://st.re.am:port" at the specific date and time.

(the /NEW is optional, but will force Winamp to open a new instance, so you don't lose your current playlist if Winamp is already open)

Task Scheduler can be found via: Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools
Thank you very much!!!
dpa2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 09:35   #437
chapiz

Great job.
chapiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 13:42   #438
vita

i wll try this program
vita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 22:12   #439
tsunami

After all this time I just realized I DONT need setpoint for my play/stop/forward/back keys on my keyboard to work I just needed to enabled default mediakeys support in winamp which was I never enabled.

I just need setpoint to see the forward/back/play/stop UI, I do hope 5.8 winamp fixes the notification icons bug from randomly not showing the notification on top of programs even with always on top enabled in winamp.

Winamp is still the ONLY media player I use for Audio and probably always will be
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:57   #440
adi

Why there ain't any newer version of Winamp ?

I loved this product, and still listen song using it.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion