Old 16th February 2017, 20:02   #1
Xent

Artist Information from external source?

Hello everyone!

I work for a radio station and we have had online streams using ShoutCast for years now. Recently a law has come down that requires us to show artist information on the songs we stream online. I'm trying to figure out how to do this.

To feed our online streams we split the audio going to the transmitters, into the audio input of a PC running ShoutCast.

This gives us an online audio stream that works perfect, but the artist information is never sent to Shoutcast. It says that "DJ Mike Llama - Llama Whippin' Intro" is playing. Obviously this is just the default song in winamp and not my music.

I have the Title and Artist information fed from our stations control PC's (they run STORQ if anyone is familiar). So this information is sent from the Station PC's, out COM1 port to our transmitter. So everyone gets this information in their cars.

So the question: How can I route this RDS Serial data into ShoutCast (and ultimately into TuneIn)?

Thanks for the help-

Xent
Xent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 06:22   #2
neralex

If you feed your stream with a SHOUTcast v1 source, then you will get only the title as response which contains "artist - tranckname". Only a SHOUTcast v2 source with SHOUTcast v2 server will provide more id3-tags.
neralex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 14:38   #3
Xent

We run Shoutcast v2 to a Shoutcast v2 Server currently.

If I were to create a playlist in WinAmp, the correct song data displayes perfectly.

The problem is, my input is from an external audio source running through a sound card. No meta data comes with it. My goal is to take the meta data that I have from the external source, and have Shoutcast capture it.

How do I input meta data to winamp/shoutcast?
Xent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 03:33   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

Good one, sparky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelsaula View Post
You can delete anything from kernel source, as long as you are not using the source to compile new files.
What planet did that response come from?

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 20:52   #5
neralex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaromanda View Post
what planet did that response come from?
code:
.... . .-.. .-.. --- .-- --- .-. .-.. -..
neralex is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
rds shoutcast