Old 21st September 2005, 02:01   #41
sgtfuzzbubble011

After seeing how the Metroid series has progressed from the original 8-bit Metroid all the way up to Metroid Prime and Echoes, I can't wait to see what the offerings will be on the Revolution.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 03:37   #42
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

earlier today when i talkd to my dad and i explained the revo controll; just to see what he thought. and suprisingly he turnd up an impressed frown and head nod. i thought that was a bit of a sign that the wand might appeal to non gamers. though my dad is a bit old school he hasnt picked up a controller since tetris and dr. mario. my dad would own me and my bro in dr. mario.

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 11:35   #43
immortal

Send a message via ICQ to immortal Send a message via Yahoo to immortal
Omit Name you have just proven Nintendos theory works. Non-gamers wanting to play, Nintendo want non-gamers to think "I want to play that, it looks easy enough"

Quote:
Originally posted by PAK-9
Heck, it cant be worse than the PS3's double ended silver dildo.
immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 14:29   #44
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

wut they need to do, that might open a few closed people, is put two medium sized buttons just below the power button right above the d pad. that would be another thing that would make players suddenly get sense of "ohhhhh i geuss so" and want to put their hands on it.

Old 21st September 2005, 15:15   #45
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Ohh, I just thought of another use for it, remember where you read it first...

Imagine playing a DDR type game on the Revo, hell , it even the console has the right name.

You could strap a controller to each foot and away you go, or hold on to a couple as well at the same time for feet and arm movements, man, no more mats plugged into the console for me !!!
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 19:09   #46
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
http://lostgarden.com/2005/09/ninten...-strategy.html
Now it all makes sense.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 20:06   #47
Mattress
Forum King

it seems like Nintendo is positioning themselves in the console industry similar to how Apple is positioned in the computer industry.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 10:41   #48
zootm
Forum King

Extremely insightful article on the subject.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 15:38   #49
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
I posted that two posts ago.
Oh well, two links means twice the chance of somebody reading it.
You neeeed to read that article, people. It's not as long as it looks.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2005, 19:16   #50
zootm
Forum King

Damn! I was at work and didn't have time to look at interim posts.

Old 23rd October 2005, 19:51   #51
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

someone couldnt wait for the revolution and decided to make a controller themselves. i tried downloading the video of it being used, but it gave me weirdness, ill try again later.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=104969

Old 24th October 2005, 04:46   #52
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

When you are 3rd in a race of 3 companies, you take radical steps. The XBOX 360 controller is just too comfortable to not want to use it. Seriously it rocks ass.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2005, 07:50   #53
zootm
Forum King

Nintendo are not about being the same as the other two consoles. I don't think it would ever be justifiable to have a PS3 and an XB360, but to have a Revolution and one of the other two would be fine. The first two are likely to have much the same games, except they'll probably look prettier on the XBox, just like the last generation. Nintendo will have different games in different genres.

Old 24th October 2005, 17:43   #54
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

if anyone could find or upload a mirror to that video on that page that would be great. it doesnt seem to work for me.

nintendo will make their system really easy to develop for, which has a good chance of meaning they might have better graphics than either next gen. especially with all the attention that they are getting. attention that will most likely turn into third party support.

Old 25th October 2005, 01:58   #55
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
Nintendo are not about being the same as the other two consoles. I don't think it would ever be justifiable to have a PS3 and an XB360, but to have a Revolution and one of the other two would be fine. The first two are likely to have much the same games, except they'll probably look prettier on the XBox, just like the last generation. Nintendo will have different games in different genres.
I would hope so but Sony is saying that the PS3 will have more processing power and so forth so it should have more prettyness. However if that is true is yet to be seen. The PS3 is rumored to be rediclously expensive but who knows if it will be or not.

From what I know about current consoles, XBOX is the easiest to make games for because of its use of Direct X followed by Gamecube which is suppose to be rediclously easy and then PS2 which is suppose to be hard as ass. However I've seen more games crash on xbox (usually ports from PS2 and shitty XBOX games) than the other systems. I've seen like 3 crashes on Game cube and a dozen or so on PS2. I hear the 360 is suppose to be rather difficult to program for but I don't know any of the details on this. I don't see why it would be.

I was reading in a magazine about developers complaing about having "limited space" on an 8gb dvd for their games. Microsoft called them lazy in the article. [randomness]

I doubt PS3 and XBOX360 will have similar line ups because I believe the two companies will be courting developers to be more exclusive. Thats just how things feel they are shapping up.

I can see your point in owning a 360 or PS3 and a Revolution. I'm about to get a Gamecube or at the very least, Zelda and steal my nephews game cube for a month or three. Also Donky Conga makes me want to get a Game Cube. However I don't enjoy owning multiple consoles form the same generation. Too much money.
[/end randomness]

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 02:56   #56
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

agreed the xbox in the end is prolly easier to develop for since they have all the tools in common with the pc. however from scratch the nintendo lunchbox is as you said ridiculously easy and costs alot less to develop for. ive heard of mainstream games being developed for the cube in a matter of a few months. ill bet all the games that you had for the cube that crashed were multiplatform. (ps2 port like all multiplatform games... boo!!) i dont understand why companies so often decide not to make their games for the gamecube since its so easy and inexpensive to develop for. because the nintendo machine will always be a breeze for game makers, also means that nintendo just might hold up to the spec giants. in other words ::: it would be easier to draw a pretty picture with paper, pencils, and paint (nintendo) than it is to draw one with colored sand ($ony and ms.) even if you have alot of sand.

Old 10th November 2005, 03:03   #57
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

no torent or epic download nonsense link to the vid of a working revolution controller mock up.

on google video i believe he is using his setup to play Half-Life 2

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ndo+revolution

Old 3rd March 2006, 22:33   #58
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
The first two are likely to have much the same games, except they'll probably look prettier on the XBox,
I disagree, every console has exlusive titles. I guess Final Fantasy, Ratchet & Clank and Gran Tourismo are nerver playable on XBOX. Also Ninja Gaiden and halo will never be playable on PS3.

If you believe the sources in the web, the PS3 will be the fastest console, I think, there will be no big difference to the XBOX 2.

I was a big Nintendo fan, but with the N64, Nintendo lost charm, because not enough good games, if you compare it to the good old SNES.

The new controller layout is risky, I guess a lot of people will don't look it.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center