Old 13th March 2022, 14:07   #1
Mamush

I downloaded winamp58_3660_beta_full_en_us.exe

When I want to open exe file.
The file don't open in my android mobile.
Please tell me how can i do open exe file in my android mobile?
Mamush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 14:26   #2
ariszlo
Major Dude

You cannot. Exe files are for Windows.

Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 14:29   #3
Mamush

Then how can i have winamp in my android mobile?
Mamush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2022, 04:06   #4
musicf8
Major Dude

you'd have to find the apk for it, I think it's posted somewhere on the forums but I would advise against it considering that winamp for android is over a decade old and long abandoned. There's plenty of better players out there (I use GoneMAD on my android).

Get wacup
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2022, 15:49   #5
SudenKapala

Yesterday I answered immediately, but some of my posts still have to clear "moderation" (i.e., be approved by TPTB) for some reason.

(Do other people encounter this, too? Or am I marked because of supposed "bad behaviour" or some such? It's annoying that I have to save my posts first, and keep track which have been released. Which, of course, I often forget.)

I said the same as MusicF8, more or less; and I suggested (you guessed it: ) Musicolet. I didn't know GoneMAD yet; but I notice that it asks for internet and network access. Musicolet does not. So, which you choose depends on the functionality you want to use. (Musicolet is great, for me, exactly BECAUSE it is only an offline player. You might also like it for that reason; OR you might pick GoneMAD because you want more online functionality.)

Please let us know what you try, and how it works out!

Software: 5v572, 5v666 Redux; Musicolet; MP3 Gain, Tag, Direct Cut; Wavosaur. Amp: Tensai TA-2650, Philips FR984, JVC RX-150BK.
Workhorse: Fujitsu D3231, iBase MB962. Jukebox: eMachines EL1800, Dell C400, LG Q6, Creative Xtra. Actuator: Philips 22RH426, 22AH461, SHL1602; Sony WH-1000Xm3, WF-SP800N; AKG K-500, Sennheiser HD 202.
(Museum... or junkyard? )
SudenKapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2022, 22:00   #6
ChinaRider

As a long-time Winamp user, I would add Poweramp to the list of suggested alternatives for Android.

I use it on my phone somewhat regularly with a HUGE music library and it works great. Has a crazy amount of settings that let you customize it to work how you want it to work.

These are the two things that I like most about it - works well with large library and lots of customization. I tried many other alternatives before I landed on this one.
ChinaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2022, 22:23   #7
musicf8
Major Dude

I used to use poweramp, moved to gonemad, though why I cannot remember.

Really any current android music app is better than winamp for android. I can't see the why the appeal of wanting to use it over current offerings outside of nostalgia. I think one of the benefits of android winamp was you could sync with windows winamp, though IIRC it wasn't that good. Nowadays I just have my music library automatically sync with foldersync and either make playlists to also sync or add a "smartview" in gonemad

Get wacup
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support