Old 4th June 2011, 11:29   #1
ululator

Radio Search not working

Shoutcast radio Search stopped working completely a few days ago. When I put in a radio station’s call-letters & hit Enter (or hit the Search button), nothing happens. Nada. Zilch.

What’s the problem? And more importantly, what’s the fix? (Please help - It’s very aggravating!)
ululator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 16:46   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
If it wasn't working before it's working now, I just checked.

If it's still not working for you check your browser's JavaScript setting or if you're using a third party JavaScript blocker make sure it allows the JavaScript on the pages.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 20:42   #3
ululator

Thank you for responding to my question so quickly! I apologize for not having clarified this point in the first place, but my problem with Shoutcast’s Search occurs only within my default media player (MediaMonkey 3.2.5) I’ve always had Shoutcast Search functionality within MM… until just a few days ago.
I posted my question in the MM forum, but they said it was a Shoutcast issue.

Frankly, I don’t care from which side this issue arises… as long as someone can show me a fix!
ululator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 23:05   #4
DrO

i just tried their 'integration' using the MM4 build and it's just embedding and then scraping results from the SHOUTcast site page shown. clicking search doesn't work but why i've no idea and to my knowledge no one has done anything on the main site but i could be wrong.

as for a fix i don't see what could be done on the SC side of things as how they're obtaining the results is just a complete hack as they're not using any of the appropriate api's available to access information from the directory (though that would require being part of the partner plan which i they're not part off to my knowledge based on how they're trying to get the SC listing).

additionally i've tried it IE9 and that worked fine. so either something has changed with the security permissions on running scripts in the embedded IE control or something was explicitly changed (though i doubt it as nothing was mentioned regrading site updates).

so now will see what happens in you MM thread at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/vie...hp?f=1&t=58383 (btw it's Winamp, not WinAmp).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
radio, search