Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Old 16th February 2014, 13:09   #1
jbeyel

is it possible for droids to listen to an internet radio live broadcast?

Have a radio live broadcast of sports events. Can droids connect directly? No problems with Iphones/ITunes folks but droids not able to connect?
jbeyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 14:19   #2
DrO

all depends on the app(s) installed, the format of the stream, the format of the link(s) you're providing. but in generally, Android should have no issues with playing MP3 streams as long as the app(s) are implemented to support such things as well (which is the same for all of the OSes).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 19:03   #3
jbeyel

Ok...Using winamp for broadcast with nullsoft DSP installed. Of course, the winamp has various "login" URLs but I have been told to use the direct URL for the droids to hookup. Now, that being said, I tried to connect with a droid using the direct URL suggested and I got a screen that looked as if it had connected but, in fact, had not. The screen had tabs for "listen". "stream URL", and "admin log in" but none worked.

I have also tried loading in the winamp for androids app using a barcode load but notsureI am using that properly.

My point is, if someone can give me definitive solution, it would be greatly appreciated by all our school listeners who have droids!

Thanks!
jbeyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android