• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingo'mountain
    in need of banned aid
    • Mar 2001

video editor please....

ok, here's the situation, i've downloaded some videos in different formats and resolutions, and i want to trim them, join them, and maybe do some basic transitions and titles.

here's what i tried so far with partial success:

adobe premiere pro - was ok, it has a major format incompatibility and exporting always results in either a huge filesize for the overall runtime, or too small and crappy
    (i tried to recompose flv videos to mpeg, maybe that's my fault there)

cyberlink powerdirector - just a toy, very limited... nothing more

some converters with inline trimming tools - plain shit, not only it's a bitch to trim and reorganize trimmed clips, the output lags, and the audio is out of sync, ugh.... *facepalm*

what i was suggested to use but not sure of their quality or ease of use:

corel video studio, windows movie maker (i've seen how it works, nothing crappier than that ever exists), virtualdub (can somebody explain please how to fuckin use it?), imovie (i don't own a mac tyvm, must be a windows movie maker equivalent)

help please....
  • rockouthippie
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

virtualdub (can somebody explain please how
    It's not what you wanted.

Your audio sync problems are caused by videos with VBR audio (variable bit rate). If you convert the audio to PCM or LPCM you'll fix it.

You need friendly source files for any video editor you use. Windows movie maker works fine if you feed it consistent (bitrate, resolution and codecs) window media files or properly consistent DVD files. MPEG2 editors work better with consistent MPEG2 files.

Maybe you should re-evaluate the software you have already used with better technique.

Encode all of your source files to MPEG D1 (720X480), progressive (no interlace), quantizer 2 (or 4000kbps), and LPCM audio. Use your target aspect ratio. Garden variety DVD software can do this. Check your audio to make sure it's synced. Then edit.

If you feed the editors you used nice consistent source files instead of a hodge podge, you're gonna find editing a lot nicer.

I use Nero 7, which isn't quite a recommendation.
    Last edited by rockouthippie; 25 May 2010, 23:18.

Comment

• Burgess
      • May 2010

hi

good information i will share with my frinds

Comment

• SSJ4 Gogitta
        Followed by Gnomes
        (Forum King)
        • Dec 2000

Sony Vegas

Comment

• P$ycHo™
          Flakmonkey!
          • Mar 2007

Originally Posted by ssj4 gogitta View Post
          +1
          My UT3 Maps:
          DM-Q1DM6 The Dark Zone
          WAR-Downtown_Necris 2.0
          DM-Goose2k9

Comment

• mike-db
            Pancakes!
            (Major Dude)
            • Feb 2005

Sony Vegas + 1 = Sony Vegas 1

There for, Sony Vegas is number one. Which in turn makes Sony Vegas god!
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Working...
            X