Old 5th November 2006, 11:41   #2241
Joonas
Forum King

It'll be a Media Library plugin for that. But I will make that plugin last.

@mrym: have you ever tried the Drag 'n Drop plugin? How does it work with unicode characters? I just modified the DL-code to work with unicode so I could update the Drag 'n Drop plugin too if it is necessary...
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 13:12   #2242
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Koogle
is this ever going to be built into the winamp media library window frame like other plugins are?

The latest beta can be docked into ML.
For the new version also was a plan to be based on (or at least use) the ML cache. I dont know how this idea is developed or dropped, there are pro's and contra's. I am voting to keep DL available in ML but it's all in Joonas hands .

*sigh (still) under construction*
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 13:15   #2243
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by jojo 544
The latest beta can be docked into ML.
For the new version also was a plan to be based on (or at least use) the ML cache. I dont know how this idea is developed or dropped, there are pro's and contra's. I am voting to keep DL available in ML but it's all in Joonas hands .
As stated, there will be a plugin to use DL from inside of ML for those who use it. But, since I don't use ML at all, it's kinda low priority.
DL is using its own fully implemented database now.
Old 5th November 2006, 14:01   #2244
Joonas
Forum King

Hmm, I actually had an idea of dropping roots per se and let DL scan for all mp3s on your computer. The only problem is of course the auto-refresh which is pretty much impossible to get performance-wise functional

Instead of roots, you would get to create views or something to emulate the old root concept...
Old 5th November 2006, 14:46   #2245
Koogle

ok.. well i would like to see DL implemented into the ML frame, mainly because its one less window hanging around,+ it will work with Single GUi skin etc.

Also is there anyway DL could just import all my mp3 directories from the ML? Would make switching to DL easier

where is the beta?

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 15:00   #2246
jojo 544
Major Dude

Quote:
where is the beta?
at this page
or here

btw, i think it's better (cleaner) to re- configure your folders and settings from scratch than importing other crap , it was never posible and i doubt it ever will

Old 5th November 2006, 15:03   #2247
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
@mrym: have you ever tried the Drag 'n Drop plugin? How does it work with unicode characters? I just modified the DL-code to work with unicode so I could update the Drag 'n Drop plugin too if it is necessary...
i just installed dnd1.4.0.4, but it doesn't show up on my general plugins list. ( gen_dragndrop.dll is placed in plugins folder.)
it's not a clean installed winamp though.
i don't have much time to test it out on clean installed winamp now.

i'll give it a try when i 'm bored.

as for the dl, i don't like the idea that dl scans whole computer.
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 15:04   #2248
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
ok.. well i would like to see DL implemented into the ML frame, mainly because its one less window hanging around,+ it will work with Single GUi skin etc.
Possible, but it IS NOT a ML-plugin, so the reasons for putting it into ML is kinda slim. That's why I can stretch it to a plugin or something.

Quote:
Also is there anyway DL could just import all my mp3 directories from the ML? Would make switching to DL easier
Again, DL has nothing to do with ML so this will not be happening.

Quote:
where is the beta?
Old betas can be found but there is nothing currently supported. I am writing the next version right now.
Old 5th November 2006, 15:07   #2249
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
i just installed dnd1.4.0.4, but it doesn't show up on my general plugins list. ( gen_dragndrop.dll is placed in plugins folder.)
it's not a clean installed winamp though.
i don't have much time to test it out on clean installed winamp now.

i'll give it a try when i 'm bored.

as for the dl, i don't like the idea that dl scans whole computer.
The 1.4.0.4 is not working since it's after October 31st. In the Dnd thread there is a link to the release candidate.
Old 5th November 2006, 18:05   #2250
Koogle

ok well a plugin to put the DL in that same window as the ML with a way to select the DL plugin in the side panel would be very good.

Also just trying DL at the moment, and I think it would good if there was an option that would add all items in the listview to the playlist when i dbl click on a song, so the song I dbl clicked plays, but all songs in that listview surrounding it also get added to the playlist.. i guess like ML.. only if I use that same listview to dbl click play another song, then it doesn't add all the same songs from the list view too the playlist.. because it had already been done, so it just jumps to the same song in the playlist but keeping all surrounding song titles.

Is that already possible any option? can it be possible.. its something I think ML should be able to do already but doesn't.. and I often have like 1000s of songs in a search result, but because of the way winamp works it keeps adding all those same songs into the playlist everytime i select a song from the ML.

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 18:08   #2251
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
ok well a plugin to put the DL in that same window as the ML with a way to select the DL plugin in the side panel would be very good.

Yeah, implemented last though

Quote:
Also just trying DL at the moment, and I think it would good if there was an option that would add all items in the listview to the playlist when i dbl click on a song, so the song I dbl clicked plays, but all songs in that listview surrounding it also get added to the playlist.. i guess like ML.. only if I use that same listview to dbl click play another song, then it doesn't add all the same songs from the list view too the playlist.. because it had already been done, so it just jumps to the same song in the playlist but keeping all surrounding song titles.

Is that already possible any option? can it be possible.. its something I think ML should be able to do already but doesn't.. and I often have like 1000s of songs in a search result, but because of the way winamp works it keeps adding all those same songs into the playlist everytime i select a song from the ML.
It's possible but I don't think I will implement it. This time around I will only implement stuff I would like myself. And I never ever want to add like that Sorry!
Old 7th November 2006, 18:55   #2252
cacho_py

new features,...

Your Dynamic Library is very good, it will be better if you can add a right clic menu to create folders...
And even better if you can move the files...
cacho_py is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 15:46   #2253
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
The 1.4.0.4 is not working since it's after October 31st. In the Dnd thread there is a link to the release candidate.
i have grabbed 1.5rc before its halted. do you still need test result?
i mean unicode issue...
Old 11th November 2006, 15:49   #2254
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
i have grabbed 1.5rc before its halted. do you still need test result?
i mean unicode issue...
If you have the time
Old 11th November 2006, 16:24   #2255
mrym

ok
i am setting "non unicode programs" to japanese. all my japanese named files are working fine, but other unicode named files (such as french, german) can not be drag'n dropped. of course those french, german files are played by winamp properly.
keep up the good work
Old 11th November 2006, 16:37   #2256
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
ok
i am setting "non unicode programs" to japanese. all my japanese named files are working fine, but other unicode named files (such as french, german) can not be drag'n dropped. of course those french, german files are played by winamp properly.
keep up the good work
okay, thanks a bunch.
Old 12th November 2006, 09:02   #2257
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
ok
keep up the good work
I have sent you a private message on where to get the drag 'n drop with unicode support.

Test it if you have the time.
Old 22nd November 2006, 03:28   #2258
Vombat

Things I'd like to see in Dynamic Library

Great plug-in

I haven't read all the pages, so I'm not sure what you will\won't\have already implemented in the beta vesions, but anyways here are some stuff I would like to see in upcoming versions:

1. Have a "add folder as dl directory" option in the right click context menu in explorer. (Should also be able to toggle wether or not you have to click confirm to add the folder)

2. When playing a direcory with many playlists, you should also have the choice "no to all" "yes to all" and "cancel" instead of just yes\no. A box with the choice "remember this setting" the first time this happens would also be nice.

3. When holding down the Ctrl button and pressing up or down, the selected folder will move up or down.

4. Ability to make new folder, rename folder and rename file.

5. When right clicking on a file it should have the option "play files from folder", in options you should be able to toggle to start with the selected file or play it in alphabetical order.

6. Right clicking on a folder will get up the option "make playlist"

All i can come up with now.
Vombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 22:36   #2259
cinderfallen

I don't know if this is a unique problem or whether it's been answered yet-- (sorry, 56+ pages = ack), but I've been having problems with the way that dynamic library organizes my music. I recently used ID3-TagIT to organize my music, and I *think* since then, files haven't been showing up as they should in DL. For example, I try to view by Album, but I still get "chunks" of different albums: 4 albums in a row, then 2 of a different one, etc. Also, it won't recognize the track numbers entered and just aligns itself randomly when I try to list by track. I think only the alphabetical listing is working. Help?
cinderfallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 21:49   #2260
ysqure3

I'm sure it's already been suggested, but improved ID3-tag editing functionality for v2.0 would be much appreciated. Mainly I want to be able to edit groups of songs, not just one at a time (to do stuff like add a year, correct album title, w/e). Ideally the same sort of thing that Noonas's tagger extension does, only adapted to the DL instead of the PL.
ysqure3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 00:33   #2261
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Quote:
Originally posted by ysqure3
Ideally the same sort of thing that Noonas's tagger extension does, only adapted to the DL instead of the PL.
you mean Joonas aka, the same person that does DL...
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 06:50   #2262
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by cinderfallen
I don't know if this is a unique problem or whether it's been answered yet-- (sorry, 56+ pages = ack), but I've been having problems with the way that dynamic library organizes my music. I recently used ID3-TagIT to organize my music, and I *think* since then, files haven't been showing up as they should in DL. For example, I try to view by Album, but I still get "chunks" of different albums: 4 albums in a row, then 2 of a different one, etc. Also, it won't recognize the track numbers entered and just aligns itself randomly when I try to list by track. I think only the alphabetical listing is working. Help?
Since I am rewriting it (though no work has been done for like two weeks ) I don't fix any old bugs...
Old 30th November 2006, 17:08   #2263
siebe83
Forum King

@cinderfallen:
Perhaps try clearing the cache and let DL read the tags again.
While Winamp is closed, delete the files in
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\dl\Cache\

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 16:04   #2264
fishstyc

Just to say that I would find it very useful to be able to add removable media more than once, and to be able to edit their name and cache the results.
That way it would be very easy to find music that you have stored elsewhere (on cd or dvd).
fishstyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 12:50   #2265
AsHopeDies

Sorry for nagging, but - can we expect a public beta this year ?
AsHopeDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 13:21   #2266
Joonas
Forum King

Ehm, no probably not I'm afraid.
I've been too busy to get any work done for the past month
It's really just a matter of me wrapping it up for a public beta though...the database stuff is 95% complete and you can do searches and stuff...there is A LOT of DL stuff from the old betas left though :P
Old 19th December 2006, 15:13   #2267
pjn123
Major Dude

Bug report:

When opening Dynamic Library in a SUI skin the menu entry for Dynamic Library goes away. When you close DL it shows again. This is not a bug in the skin since another plugin:

http://images.leoslyrics.com/downloa...lugin5V1.3.exe

works 100%.

If you want to test this bug you can check this skin that is still in development:

http://forums.skinconsortium.com/viewtopic.php?t=348

Would be great if this could be fixed, since there will be button for dynamic library in the final release of the skin.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006, 11:12   #2268
Dick65

show bitrate in list view

After a long time I tried getting display of bitrate in list view working. But it doesn't. Does anybody have an idea? Where gets DL the bitrate from?

mp3 files lame-encoded
Winamp 5.12
DL latest beta 32.3
ID3 tag 1.1
(added ID3 2.3 - but does not seem to help)
in_mpg123.dll
(tried in_mp3.dll - but does not seem to help)
Dick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006, 13:01   #2269
Joonas
Forum King

Re: show bitrate in list view

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick65
After a long time I tried getting display of bitrate in list view working. But it doesn't. Does anybody have an idea? Where gets DL the bitrate from?

mp3 files lame-encoded
Winamp 5.12
DL latest beta 32.3
ID3 tag 1.1
in_mpg123.dll
(tried in_mp3.dll - but does not seem to help)
Have you tried a newer Winamp? Could be that 5.12 doesn't know about bitrate...?
Old 23rd December 2006, 17:13   #2270
Dick65

bitrate display

Well, I'm still with 5.12 because with 5.20 or higher the send-to of DL does not work anymore and that's crucial for me (I'm sending files to mp3tag, mp3gain and feurio daily).

And I'm pretty sure the bitrate display worked for others at that time. Bitrate display would be nice but it's not vital.

Merry Christmas !
Old 23rd December 2006, 20:45   #2271
Dick65

Re: show bitrate in list view

Quote:
Dick65
I was wrong: Bitrate does get displayed if there is an (even widely empty) id3tag v.2 present.

Well I only tag with ID3 v.1 and APE, so that's too bad for me. Thanks four your input.
Old 23rd December 2006, 22:05   #2272
Dick65

Re: Re: show bitrate in list view

Quote:
Dick65
I was wrong: Bitrate does get displayed if there is an (even widely empty) id3tag v.2 present.
Well I only tag with ID3 v.1 and APE, so that's too bad for me. Thanks four your input.
Wrong again: It works whatever the tag type. But the file has to be re-read by DL. And it's only re-read if the last-changed-date is different. And while tagging I usually don't change that date.
So now I cleared the cache and everyhting's fine.

Sorry for bothering.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
Old 29th December 2006, 14:09   #2273
dazbradbury

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to get this plugin to work with the clearONE skin available here:

http://axialix.home.insightbb.com/Winamp/clearONE.htm

As it is currently, it seems I am unable to resize the DL library window, thus making it rather unusable.

Any idea's?

Thanks, Daz.
dazbradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 15:25   #2274
Joonas
Forum King

Hello,

Due to too much real life work and a complete lack of inspiration I have decided to put DL on hold for the time being. I don't know if I will pick it up and finish it.

Thanks everyone for your support and interest during the development process.

/Joonas
Old 21st January 2007, 15:56   #2275
siebe83
Forum King

That's too bad, but understandable when you've got more important things to spend your time on.

Thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this project; I still use DL every day

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 15:59   #2276
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
That's too bad, but understandable when you've got more important things to spend your time on.

Thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this project; I still use DL every day
Maybe inspiration will come back...I really need a DL-like plugin myself

But big thanks to you siebe for all your help too!
Old 21st January 2007, 17:45   #2277
jojo 544
Major Dude

You did a great job on DL, i think it's become one of the major winamp plugins.
I also still use DL almost every day.

My version now sais V2.0 beta 32.3 and it does the job terrific for some time now. But i stick to winamp 5.13 for that reason.
I think upgrade winamp does not cause too many bugs with this DL version but as i remember some were related to the playlistcontext menu's. [edit]Find on disk does something wrong, find in DL makes crash winamp)[/edit]
Probably i'll have to upgreat winamp eventualy sometime, and hopefully by then you found back time and inspiration to finish new DL too (or kill those bugs ).

Is there any usable beta stuff you can share for those who want to try?

Good luck and succes in real life

Old 23rd January 2007, 14:12   #2278
laurenskap

Joonas,

First of all I want to say that your plug-in is really an great added feature to Winamp. I use it every day, and i'm very glad someone came up with the idea.

However, I have a problem. Yesterday I ran some registry scans and stuff, and all of a sudden DL dissapeared from my winamp. I could'nt select it in the 'view' menu at the top, nor by rightclicking in winamp itself. I have uninstalled en reinstalled both Winamp and DL several times, but that didn't make a difference. After that I checked that all the files that should be created with the install were actually created in the plugin-folder. I then found out that 'gen_dl.ini' wasn't there. I copied that file from the directory of a friend of mine who also has your plug-in installed, but it didn't make a difference as well.

As a last attempt I copied his entire Winamp-folder from his Program Files directory. Winamp functioned perfect, I had his songs in my media library, his skin, his layout, the lot, except, you guessed it, DL wasn't there, and it wasn't selectable in the menu.

Do you have any idea what I should do? I'm really out of ideas, and DL has really been an unmissable feature in Winamp since I've been using it, so i'm quite desperate here. I hope you can help me!

Laurens
laurenskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 15:48   #2279
poisonborz

Sigh... too bad, but with all the delays, I think we all suspected that it came to hold.

Thanks for all the work Joonas, but if you plan a long departure for the project, please consider making this open-source and provide some raw documentation/comments on it... With a large community like winamp's, I'm sure someone could pick up and continue the work... this plugin is too precious to be left buried.
poisonborz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 15:55   #2280
maurits

Joonas,

First of all, thanks for a top 10 plugin! I use it every day and almost can't live without it. Great job! Still, it's sad to read that you're putting a hold on the rebuild for now. Maybe it's possible to make this plugin open source?
maurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development