Old 27th November 2004, 14:05   #1321
Lion12

Quick reply
thought about something like this:

(Maybe s.o.'s better in drawing )

Edit: Sorry because of double post

Last edited by Lion12; 27th November 2004 at 15:01.
Old 27th November 2004, 14:08   #1322
Lion12

I better attach a file.

(there's a album icon too - no idea about a jtf icon)
Attached Files
File Type: zip icons.zip (5.9 KB, 253 views)
Old 27th November 2004, 16:02   #1323
siebe83
Forum King

More bullshit...

Ignore the edit in my last post, it had nothing to do with double-rooted playlists...

- # column numbers of playlists will be wrong after switching from search to browse mode (see screenshot).
The four tracks now have the numbers 474-477, which were the numbers they had in the listview in search mode.

- Don't punish me for this... right-click enqueue button to enqueue/after current?
Once that option existed, I remember something about making it set the default also, then that moved to prefs. Maybe bring back the old feature of being able to access the other enqueue actions in the right-click enqueue button menu?

- Maybe rename 'Select missing files' to 'Select broken links'? Just an idea, I think it's more clear...

- I wondered wether this behaviour was on purpose:
*rooted playlist test.m3u (stored in C:\Geluiden\Testmap)
*in that playlist a file with filename C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxx\Bureaublad\Groove Armada - Think Twice.mp3
In search mode, I did a search on testmap
Groove Armada - Think Twice also comes up as result...
I agree it should come up when I search for test since it's in a playlist called test.m3u. The path of the playlist is a bit irrelevant though, I think. The weird thing is, test.m3u does NOT come up as a result (in the left pane) when searching on testmap (in the left pane), and I agree with that.
I.e.: is it possible to ignore the paths of the m3u file in search mode?
It doesn't bother me that much, so if you think others like it this way or it's not worth the trouble, leave it...

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 27th November 2004, 16:05   #1324
siebe83
Forum King

Screenshot........
Attached Images
File Type: png dl-numberssearchmode.png (17.1 KB, 556 views)

Old 28th November 2004, 22:27   #1325
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
[B]Clean install 5.06, DL 0.9.7.4b

- When adding playlist root at the roots tab in prefs, the Preferences box loses focus. It works fine with folder roots. Bit annoying, especially when the prefs box disappears behind DL.
Think I've fixed...
Quote:
- When trying to close DL while it is still scanning roots, it displays a box about 'wait until DL is finished scanning roots'. Not sure, but shouldn't it be 'has finished'? I think 'is finished' means that DL is over, dead, finished... (which is surely not the case )
Fixed.
Quote:
- To protect stupid users (), maybe have the option 'Autosave playlists' UNchecked by default.
Fixed.
Quote:
- When file is selected in a playlist > press DEL, it will remove from disk. Bit unnatural (especially since the option isn't available in the popup menu).
Fixed by adding it to menu
Quote:
- In the confirmation dialog when removing files from playlist, it still says 'disc'
fixed.
Quote:
- Let me get this straight: when 'only load playlist-files when explicitly told to do so' is unchecked and you double-click a folder (or press play/enqueue button with 'Perform actions on all items in listview' checked), DL will add any m3u files in that folder to the playlist (if m3u is selected in the filetypes box). If it's checked it won't add the m3u files. That's the only difference between checked and unchecked, right?
And if that option is unchecked, it will popup a confirmation dialog if 'Ask confirmation before adding playlist files to Winamp' is checked. Does that mean that the confirmation option is obsolete when the first option is checked?
(And, just to be completely sure, this has nothing to do with tree playlists? So when m3u is not selected in filetypes, those two options do nothing?)
Eh, I think you got it right yes..
Quote:
The shared id-thing with playlists (or whatever you call it ) works excellent!
(I'm talking about when a playlist is rooted twice)
NOO! It did NOT work good at all...spent all day trying to rewrite some code...if you had several roots point at the same file DL didn't have any clue which one you tried to move for example if you selected Move up/down...hopefully I've fixed it but please try more testing this...
Also it was numerous problems in this where if you had two roots point at the same file and tried to remove them the first one disappear fine but the other wouldn't disappear but would crash Winamp if you tried to view its files later...again, please try!
Quote:
Btw, I'm not a drawer either...
You have other talents

This version: v0.9.7.5

It's back as a regular .dll file at the svph0140 address...

/Joonas
Old 28th November 2004, 22:44   #1326
siebe83
Forum King

Great!
Sofar it all seems to be working fine.
I will look into the double-rooted playlists later. (till now, I only tested with playlist displayed as root AND as tree playlist, not twice as root)

Did you notice my post after that post? (and the screenshot in the post after that one...)
Especially the first issue is a bit weird, I think (don't care much about the other things in that post).

"- # column numbers of playlists will be wrong after switching from search to browse mode (see screenshot).
The four tracks now have the numbers 474-477, which were the numbers they had in the listview in search mode."
screenshot

Old 29th November 2004, 05:03   #1327
maynardkrebs

gen_library questions/thoughts

First off, this plugin rocks Joonas . Sweet.

Not sure if I have the latest(Dynamic_Library_v0_9.exe size 117,596) so maybe these thoughts are moot. But here goes...

- Drag and drop to programs outside of WinAmp. (ex. drag files from a dynamic library folder to MP3Gain).

- View and manipulate wav files. I tried adding a root folder in the dynamic library that contained wav files but they did not show up. I would like to access those for burning CD's in Winamp where it's necessary to use the Nullsoft diskwriter to first create wav files that include signal processing and then select those files into the burner.

- SendTo. Having the standard WA sendto menu in this plugin would allow sending files to all the default WA places (ex. the Burner noted above), plus other cool stuff like Shane Hird's ActiveWinamp plugin.

Thanks
maynard
Old 29th November 2004, 08:13   #1328
Joonas
Forum King

Re: gen_library questions/thoughts

Quote:
Originally posted by maynardkrebs
First off, this plugin rocks Joonas . Sweet.

Thanks But it is only this good because of all you guys testing and helping!
Quote:
Not sure if I have the latest(Dynamic_Library_v0_9.exe size 117,596) so maybe these thoughts are moot. But here goes...
You have the last stable...though it has some bugs I've noticed.
Quote:
- Drag and drop to programs outside of WinAmp. (ex. drag files from a dynamic library folder to MP3Gain).
Would be awesome really...even tried some code for it, but Microsoft has really made it incredibly hard to implement that...I'll see if it makes it into 1.0 or if it has to be in a later version...
Quote:
- View and manipulate wav files. I tried adding a root folder in the dynamic library that contained wav files but they did not show up. I would like to access those for burning CD's in Winamp where it's necessary to use the Nullsoft diskwriter to first create wav files that include signal processing and then select those files into the burner.
Are wav selected in filetypes in the preferences?
Quote:
- SendTo. Having the standard WA sendto menu in this plugin would allow sending files to all the default WA places (ex. the Burner noted above), plus other cool stuff like Shane Hird's ActiveWinamp plugin.
Hmm...that's true. I'll look at that.
Quote:
Thanks
maynard
Thank you!

on another note...siebe, test the latest (v0.9.7.5b) if the numbers update correctly...

/Joonas
Old 29th November 2004, 10:17   #1329
siebe83
Forum King

- numbers fixed (as far as I've noticed...)

- question: in the past it was impossible to close DL while it was still scanning roots, now it is possible. On purpose? (just wondering)

- In Prefs > DL > Roots, I was moving roots up and down. It looks like it's moving the root selected in DL instead of the root selected in the Prefs. It's very weird: you'll see the (wrong) changes in the Roots box and the selection will move along, while another root is selected. Umm, maybe just try... (don't know wether it matters, but I got 3 folder roots, and 2 playlist roots)
Oh, after a lot of moving, I got this:
AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.6 ModName: gen_library.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00011871

Dunno if it helps...

Old 29th November 2004, 11:49   #1330
Joonas
Forum King

Test v0.9.7.5c

/Joonas
Old 29th November 2004, 11:59   #1331
siebe83
Forum King

Did you already upload the file? It still says 0.9.7.5b for me and it has still the same behaviour?

Old 29th November 2004, 12:10   #1332
Joonas
Forum King

*blushes*

I should remember to upload before I post

Now it should be there...

/Joonas
Old 29th November 2004, 12:15   #1333
siebe83
Forum King

It's working fine now
Maybe it would even be better to ignore the 'move up' command when the selected root is already on top (and the same for 'move down'). Now it deselects the root. But hey, it's working fine

[edit]
Mmh, on Winamp exit, I now get a pure virtual function call (R6025).
Not sure if it's related, don't have time now the test it any further.

Old 29th November 2004, 12:34   #1334
Joonas
Forum King

Do you get it every time?

/Joonas
Old 29th November 2004, 16:27   #1335
maynardkrebs

Re: Re: gen_library questions/thoughts

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
Are wav selected in filetypes in the preferences?

on another note...siebe, test the latest (v0.9.7.5b) if the numbers update correctly...
/Joonas
Installed v0.9.7.5c and wav files now show up. Not sure if wav was selected in the prefs for the previous version but it is now

Thanx
Old 29th November 2004, 23:38   #1336
siebe83
Forum King

Ok, about the pure functions virtual phone call or whatever

I get it only with this sort of root structure:
- playlist root
- folder root
--- tree playlist

The root and tree playlist both point at the same file. Note that the folder root (with the tree playlist in it) should be lower in the tree than the playlist root.
With this setup I get the call everytime on exit. When I disable 'display playlist files as nodes', the call is gone. When I move the folder root higher than the playlist root, the call is gone as well. The option 'Autosave playlists' doesn't matter.

Another issue, which I mentioned in an earlier post already: closing DL is possible while it's still scanning roots.
Maybe that's related to this problem:
When I click the lightning bolt to close DL, the DL window becomes black (like it did some time ago with another bug). Then when I click again, it says 'Please wait until DL is finished scanning roots' (still 'is'!). I first have to close DL by clicking x button in upper right corner (the only way to close it), before I can reopen DL again. I think some code got messed up, dunno...

Old 30th November 2004, 06:48   #1337
maynardkrebs

Folder Functionality

Joonas

A couple of new folder related things to think about...

- Ability to create new folders
- Ability to rename existing folders

Thanx
Old 30th November 2004, 07:53   #1338
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
[B]Ok, about the pure functions virtual phone call or whatever

I get it only with this sort of root structure:
- playlist root
- folder root
--- tree playlist

The root and tree playlist both point at the same file. Note that the folder root (with the tree playlist in it) should be lower in the tree than the playlist root.
With this setup I get the call everytime on exit. When I disable 'display playlist files as nodes', the call is gone. When I move the folder root higher than the playlist root, the call is gone as well. The option 'Autosave playlists' doesn't matter.
And as always I get nothing

[edit]Test the one that is uploaded now...[/edit]

/Joonas

Last edited by Joonas; 30th November 2004 at 08:31.
Old 30th November 2004, 08:33   #1339
Joonas
Forum King

Re: Folder Functionality

Quote:
Originally posted by maynardkrebs
Joonas

A couple of new folder related things to think about...

- Ability to create new folders
- Ability to rename existing folders

Thanx
Nope, been down this road. Rename and create would mess up too much. Not in this version at least.

/Joonas
Old 30th November 2004, 16:32   #1340
siebe83
Forum King

The call seems to have gone!
If it happens again, I'll let you know, but for now consider it to be fixed.

The other issue is still there: when I close DL by clicking lightning bolt or deselecting it in Winamp menu, it gets dark. I do not get the message 'wait till dl is finished roots' any more when I try to re-open DL afterwards but it still doesn't re-open until I close DL by using the x button.
Is this not reproducable either?

Old 30th November 2004, 18:28   #1341
Kebabrov

i get the same as siebe.. when DL is visible and i click the winamp lightning bolt, the main area of it turns black (the winamp skinned titlebar+borders are normal tho)
Old 30th November 2004, 18:48   #1342
Joonas
Forum King

Don't worry...I got that one too.

Also fixed a bug where the files and not the folder would be copied/moved when you dragged a folder in the treeview.

Hope you won't get any pure virtual errors any more siebe...they are nasty, but I guess it had to do with me deleting the root playlists and then still assuming they were there when the tree playlists were to be deleted...an oversight on my part. Sorry

Also...for some versions back I think there's no problem with the roots dropping their selection in the preferences if you want to move over the top or beyond the bottom...am I correct?

This version: v0.9.7.6

/Joonas
Old 30th November 2004, 20:16   #1343
siebe83
Forum King

Problem with closing DL seems to be fixed. Only in classic skins though
In modern skin clicking lightning bolt or deselecting DL in Winamp menu will close DL properly, but you (or at least, I...) will get the message 'wait till DL has finished scanning roots' again...

Yep, selection stays in place when trying to move over the top/beyond bottom.

Old 30th November 2004, 20:46   #1344
Joonas
Forum King

Okay...think I've fixed that now.

This version: v0.9.7.6b

[edit]Not fixed entirely...when you switch from modern to classic DL won't show up in the menu...though it comes back after a restart. Will look at that later...
[/edit]

/Joonas
Old 30th November 2004, 20:57   #1345
siebe83
Forum King

Did you need 8kB for that?!

Now it looks as if DL is closed when you try to close it even when it is still scanning roots. This is a bit hard to test though, since when I restart Winamp, the roots are scanned in a split of a second (while at first startup, it takes much longer) so I'm not fast enough to close it while it is still scanning... But here's what happened:
I started Winamp (modern skin), DL was scanning roots, I hit the x button of DL: DL got closed (while it should stay open?) and I got the message 'wait till...etc.'

Old 30th November 2004, 21:13   #1346
Joonas
Forum King

The 8kb is the thinger icons...

It will blink if you click the X now...but at least the window won't be closed. Another stupid modern skin issue...

This version: v0.9.7.6c

/Joonas
Old 30th November 2004, 21:27   #1347
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
The 8kb is the thinger icons...
Ah I see
Quote:
It will blink if you click the X now...but at least the window won't be closed. Another stupid modern skin issue...
Yep, it blinks. Well, only for impatient people it blinks. They should wait till DL has finished scanning roots!

Old 30th November 2004, 22:41   #1348
Joonas
Forum King

* Saivert's thinger support - thanks to Safai!

This version: v0.9.7.6d

/Joonas
Old 3rd December 2004, 13:59   #1349
Joonas
Forum King

Any bugs found recently?

I almost had an heartattack yesterday as I noticed that I had accidently lost all my files in "My Documents"
That means among all school work also all the source code for DL...thank god for undelete programs

* Tiny change - if a search string is set and no files are found the text displays the search string. I added this since you might forget that you had a search string and switch to a folder you know have a file and DL just says "No files found."

This version: v0.9.7.6e

/Joonas
Old 3rd December 2004, 15:16   #1350
Lion12

The thinger icon is blurred. Last Version it was ok. And there is still a little difference between the two icons. Seen my last post in thinger thread?
Old 3rd December 2004, 15:59   #1351
Joonas
Forum King

I've seen them..I have tried to reduce the colors used though...seems like a waste to add 8 kb of filesize because of two icons most people will never see...

/Joonas
Old 3rd December 2004, 17:36   #1352
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
ok why is dl gone from my thinger? :|

NOTE: I am Dextro!
Old 3rd December 2004, 21:50   #1353
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by d3x7r0
ok why is dl gone from my thinger? :|
Guess Safai and saivert messed with the thinger plugin again...works fine with the thinger from Winamp.com but not with the updated version found here...

Don't blame me

/Joonas
Old 3rd December 2004, 22:47   #1354
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
oh ok, thought it had to do with cache in my browser or something :P

NOTE: I am Dextro!
Old 4th December 2004, 13:42   #1355
Lion12

Quote:
I've seen them..I have tried to reduce the colors used though...seems like a waste to add 8 kb of filesize because of two icons most people will never see...
/Joonas
Ok, that's a moot point. What about to have bitmap files external?
Quote:
Guess Safai and saivert messed with the thinger plugin again...works fine with the thinger from Winamp.com but not with the updated version found here...
damn - never say: That's it. Seems like we have to be patient.
Quote:
Don't blame me
Never. You're doing a great job.
btw: no dl bugs (my personal workaround) detected so far
Old 4th December 2004, 15:51   #1356
Joonas
Forum King

I like the idea of DL not requiring anything else but the dll-file...so no, no external files plz...

Or maybe DL should support external plugins itself?

Otherwise...you couldn't try to make the pictures with 256 colors? I think that would make the files much smaller...

Good thing no bugs surfaced at least

/Joonas
Old 7th December 2004, 17:34   #1357
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

Hi, just the weekly post saying dl's working great & I haven't run into any bugs. The only time recently that dl crashed Winamp was when I had a folder\subfolder\filename so long that I couldn't move or delete it without renaming it first, which tells me that's a Windows 2k problem & not a dl problem. Lately I've been using dl more than the ml, and have only been using the ml for batch-tagging, ipod maintenance and tracking of recent items. DL is the plugin of choice for everything else.

As far as the thinger icons, shouldn't they be packaged with the thinger plugin instead of dl? Thinger access is a neat idea although I like to use hotkeys instead of the mouse. The icons being present in the Thinger would be way of informing people about DL & jtfe. If they click the icon for DL & they don't have dl installed, a message box could offer to take them to this thread, or DrO's site for JtFE.
Old 7th December 2004, 18:01   #1358
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ¿¢?
Hi, just the weekly post saying dl's working great & I haven't run into any bugs. The only time recently that dl crashed Winamp was when I had a folder\subfolder\filename so long that I couldn't move or delete it without renaming it first, which tells me that's a Windows 2k problem & not a dl problem. Lately I've been using dl more than the ml, and have only been using the ml for batch-tagging, ipod maintenance and tracking of recent items. DL is the plugin of choice for everything else.
Batch-tagging would be cool

Quote:
As far as the thinger icons, shouldn't they be packaged with the thinger plugin instead of dl? Thinger access is a neat idea although I like to use hotkeys instead of the mouse. The icons being present in the Thinger would be way of informing people about DL & jtfe. If they click the icon for DL & they don't have dl installed, a message box could offer to take them to this thread, or DrO's site for JtFE. [/B]
post this idea in saiverts thinger thread, would be fine by me.

/Joonas
Old 8th December 2004, 04:53   #1359
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally posted by ¿¢?
As far as the thinger icons, shouldn't they be packaged with the thinger plugin instead of dl? Thinger access is a neat idea although I like to use hotkeys instead of the mouse. The icons being present in the Thinger would be way of informing people about DL & jtfe. If they click the icon for DL & they don't have dl installed, a message box could offer to take them to this thread, or DrO's site for JtFE.
Yeah! seems very sensible. After all, there is no need for users of just DL to have the extra codes and pictures that would be required by thinger

Saivert reads this thread too often enough I presume.

Cheers!
Old 8th December 2004, 05:18   #1360
shaneh
Major Dude

And does it seem sensible for users of just thinger to have the codes and pictures of DL?

I think thinger should supply some default icon, or at text or something, so that plugins can make use of it with just a single line of code, if they dont wish to include their own icon. Or perhaps the icon could be a separate file, so that it can just be deleted or changed at will.

Way back, I had thought thinger would actually enumerate the plugins and call 'config()' for each plugin, or some other IPC, and supply some kind of descriptive icon thing for every plugin installed.

Anyway... its just an icon. If its a resource in the .dll, AFAIK its only read from disk into memory on access. So the most 'damage' having an icon in there is a couple K disk space. Not exactly something to worry about.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development