Old 19th April 2005, 17:53   #1
maynardkrebs

Preferences GUI

Does anyone know of a plugin to allow changing preferences from the GUI rather than having to Ctrl-P to get there?

I'm mainly interested in the Input/Output/DSP sections as I find myself constantly changing those when burning CD's...

ex:[list=1][*](Ctrl-P) I enable the waveOut plugin for listening[*]I send some tracks to MP3Gain to normalize (using a script I wrote for Shane's excellent ActiveWinamp plugin)[*](Ctrl-P) I enable Izotope Ozone for DSP and tweak the sound[*](Ctrl-P) I enable the FileWriter plugin and write WAV files to disk[*](Ctrl-P) I disable the Ozone plugin and re-enable the waveOut plugin to audition the WAV files[*]I add the WAV files to the WA CD Burner and burn it[/list=1]

That's 4 Ctrl-P's to get through the process... not counting having to navigate the preferences dialog once it's open. In simpler terms, it's a real pain in the ass.

I'm envisioning something like a simple toolbar with drop down menu buttons for each of the Input, Output and DSP sections along with Config buttons for each where applicable. The toolbar would give you, at a glance, the status on which plugins are enabled. (how many times have you inadvertantly had the diskwriter plugin enabled while you curse at your computer cause there's no freekin sound?? )

Then again, maybe I'm a complete idiot and am overlooking some real elegant way of doing this whole thing. Bring it on.

Much Obliged.
Maynard
maynardkrebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2005, 13:25   #2
TazDevil

well you can try my plugin to solve some of your problems
you can write your files with a single click, as you here them

click on the link below
||
\/

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2005, 16:19   #3
maynardkrebs

Thank You

TazDevil. This is a very cool plugin!! I appreciate your responding with this.

Thanks man.
maynard
maynardkrebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2005, 10:55   #4
saivert
Banned

Winamp is actually made up like a patchwork. They add this and they add that, but sometimes forget to stitch it up nicely. But that is what we all fell in love with, right?

I think most software is like that, but some software is more properly stiched up.

Read my post in the Developmen forum too.
saivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion