Old 2nd May 2005, 17:55   #1
maynardkrebs

Preferences from Hell

I'm going crazy!!

Quiz: How many Ctrl-P's does it take to burn a cd with dsp processing? See this thread for the answer...

Preferences from Hell

Solution: A slick little toolbar with dropdown lists for selecting/editing preferences for input, output, dsp, visualization plugins would be priceless. Having that info right in-your-face would make reconfiguration a snap. Better yet... how about adding preset capability for saving custom io/dsp/vis configurations.

TazDevil enlightened me with his Multiple Output Plugin which makes this process significantly cleaner, but I'm greedy. I want the whole enchilada.

I'd write the damn thing myself but I just don't have the time right now. Thought maybe one of you briliiant SW guys would already have done this or be intrigued enough to take it on.

Much Obliged.
Maynard
maynardkrebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2005, 11:19   #2
saivert
Banned

Hi maynarkkrebs. Just got back from your post in Winamp Discussion, and I must say you sure got a point. There is a tremendous amount of clicking and pressing keys to get such a simple task done. Winamp isn't actually a sound processing/editing program so you better use some dedicated software for what you are doing. Sure Winamp got lot of features from such programs available via plug-ins, but that is my point. It is plug-ins. And not something built into Winamp. The CD Burning system of Winamp is a funny story by itself.

What I'm missing is a clean way for us programmers to tell Winamp which output plug-in to use and what DSP plug-in to use. Currently Winamp only provides us with info about which output plug-in is selected (so input plug-ins can check this and block output if they don't want to allow a disk writer plug-in).
saivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development