Old 1st November 2007, 20:17   #1
marquino15

problems with the new 5.5

I recently downloaded the new 5.5 version and designated it my default player, but when I put in a CD it doesn't open. When I open winamp, it will not play an audio CD, it plays only the first song and stops. I think it does this on any CD it can't recognize (ie. mixes I made). Do I need to re-install it? or disable the CD info searcher?
marquino15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:35   #2
JonnyMac

Does this occur with both regular audio CDs and mixed/data CD’s or just mixed CDs? Anyways, maybe the following will be helpful…
Quote:
From the Common Issues section of the Troubleshooters Sticky...

"Play with Winamp" doesn't appear when inserting CDs in WinXP
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....47#post1668247
In the link from the quote, if you feel uncomfortable about using a REG file see billyvnilly's post just below DJ Egg's.

Also, with mixed CDs, try the menu play method...
In Winamp click on the main menu icon > select 'Play' > select 'Audio CD x:' where "x" is the drive of choice
Depending on the skin, the main menu icon is in the left of the title bar in the main player.
-or-
In Winamp right-click on a "empty" space on the player/main window > select 'Play' > select 'Audio CD x:' where "x" is

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support