Old 29th November 2010, 01:58   #1
animaul12

Changing multiple tracks' info ON PLAYLIST

Ok, here's my problem: I am aware that you can change multiple tracks' info easily from the media library by simply using the 'edit metadata' option. However, I wish to do this with tracks on the playlist.

For example, I have a set of about 200 songs that are all organized in a single folder, but they have no track info. I want to change them to properly reflect a single artist and album, but if I try to do this on the playlist editor, I have to do them one track at a time.

I cannot easily select all of them in the media library, because they are randomly skewed throughout the 'no artist' 'no album' category along with many others from different collections.

Right now my only recourse is to use Windows Media Player to edit multiple tracks like these. Is there a way to do this in Winamp?
animaul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 03:51   #2
osmosis
Major Dude

http://nunzioweb.com/joonas/tagger/ will work for basic fields, but unfortunately it doesn't allow you to change all the advanced ID3v2 (composer, category, etc.) ones as the ML metadata editor does. The playlist should have the same functionality extended to it natively, I agree. Maybe some year..
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 04:33   #3
animaul12

Thanks for the input. I've been using winamp for many years and this has always bugged me. I thought I was missing some sort of workaround (within winamp), but I guess its just one of those overlooked flaws that remind us of human imperfection, or some metaphorical bullspit like that!
animaul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion