Old 27th June 2011, 16:08   #1
agentmith

Station not being listed?

So I had a legacy V1 server for years and it worked great, but I had recently rebuilt my server (Windows 2003) and decided to upgrade to the new version of winamp, shoutcast, and related components.

I experienced several problems right away. The hash key I was issued worked in some conf files but received an invalid hash file in others (everything was exactly the same, copy and pasted and such). Many similar nonsensical problems later... ultimately I was unable to get anything working by modifying the example conf files despite everything being correct. I created a new conf file using the html builder, which has seemed to work correctly. I'm able to connect to the server internally, as well as externally by adding the URL manually, however now my station is still not being listed in the searchable directory.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something?

Here's the current conf I'm using, with secure info redacted:

;DNAS configuration file built with the SHOUTcast 2 Configuration Builder

password=x
adminpassword=x
requirestreamconfigs=1
logfile=sc_serv.log
w3clog=sc_w3c.log
banfile=sc_serv.ban
ripfile=sc_serv.rip
publicserver=always
portbase=5201

streamid_1=1
streampath_1=/
streamauthhash_1=x
agentmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 22:23   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
How long did you wait until after connecting the source to the DNAS before checking the directory listing?
thinktink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 23:12   #3
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentmith View Post
I experienced several problems right away. The hash key I was issued worked in some conf files but received an invalid hash file in others (everything was exactly the same, copy and pasted and such).
you really should have replied with that information in a reply to the pm i'd sent with the authhash. what error was being reported as there have been some issues with some of the newer authhashes generated (due to issues on the YP servers).

with the listing failure, can you enable yp2debug=1 in the config file and then see if you start seeing status messages with a '200' code and update interval of 600. or might be easier to post / pm a copy of the log produced and that can then be checked through.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 23:31   #4
agentmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
you really should have replied with that information in a reply to the pm i'd sent with the authhash.

-daz
The thing is... the auth key didn't work with some configs and did with others, and it ended up working with the one I posted above. So I dismissed it as buggy and moved forward once I had a config that allowed me to connect. Based on the nature of the difficulty in getting this working on about as basic of an implementation as there is, I figured I would post this publicly so others may benefit.

Regardless, the ultimate problem is with the station not being listed. Last night using one of the other configs, it was listed, but upon checking in the morning I did not see it any more. Now, no matter how I start the server (as a service, different privileges, or as a console) it isn't listed. I can check a few minutes after starting the server, or a few hours and it is still not listed. The few times I did get it to list, it was available almost instantly, but again this was during testing and it was not repeatable consistently.

I don't see any errors in the server console window, aside from the following upon immediately starting the server:

E msg:[DST 64.12.243.203:61579 sid=1] SHOUTcast1 client connection rejected. Stream not available. SHOUTcast Directory Tester

This is followed by:

I msg:[YP2] Connected to yp.shoutcast.com. The station should now be listed in the SHOUTcast Radio Directory (YP).

And after this things proceed as normal. So, I take the first error message as being erroneous and related to the server initially starting. I'll turn on debugging to see if that reveals anything noteworthy.
Old 27th June 2011, 23:47   #5
agentmith

I did see this in the log:

205.188.202.174 205.188.202.174 2011-06-27 16:36:23 /stream?title=Unknown 200 SHOUTcast%20Directory%20Tester 0 0 0

However now the station is being listed. I haven't made any changes, nor did I do anything other than restarting the server. This is where I left it last night, and when I checked in the morning it was not listed again. I assure you I have done this countless other times with no positive results. I have no idea what to do or how to proceed. I work in tech support and have a high level of familiarity with troubleshooting and such, so the likelihood of my missing something simple is either extremely low or extremely high, depending on how you look at it.

Hmmm... by the time I finished writing this, the station was no longer listed. WTF!
Old 28th June 2011, 09:37   #6
DrO

it sounds more like you're experiencing an intermittent issue with the YP itself and some quirks of the current v2 beta tools. i've pm'd you an alternative YP server to try connect to in order to see if its just the YP issue that you're experiencing and can go from there.

-daz
Old 28th June 2011, 20:06   #7
agentmith

So far everything has been working correctly, aside from one odd disconnect of the DSP plugin. I'll leave the auto connect box checked and see if that takes care of things. I'll update if anything changes. Thanks!
Old 28th June 2011, 21:38   #8
DrO

that's a bit strange the DSP disconnected - i assume you are using the current version as some of the earlier 2.x versions did exhibit such an issue. otherwise, that's good to hear it's been running well for the last few hours.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support