Old 2nd July 2011, 17:15   #1
djtala

constantly connecting/reconnecting

I made my radio stream a few months ago, it worked but normally had
a few minutes of delay and poor sound quality. My internet connection isn't the greatest either.

I haven't changed anything on my computer and went to use it again
but it is constantly connecting, then reconnecting so nothing is actually broadcast on the stream.

I admit I really don't know what I'm doing, any help would be appreciated.
djtala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 14:41   #2
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
First i would know, how is your ADSL speed connection anyway.

Internetradiostreams + broadcasting per Shoutcast makes sense, if you have 6.000 and higher speed connection.

Second: the newest Winamp has known problems, when using Shoutcast DSP Plug-in and Server. However i do not know, how to fix that.

Link: Shoutcast broadcast tools
OlexijL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 14:47   #3
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post
the newest Winamp has known problems, when using Shoutcast DSP Plug-in and Server.
explain please... as i'm not aware of anything which prevents Winamp 5.62 + Source DSP 2.2.2 from working together.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 20:27   #4
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
Well, i used the older version of that DSP plug-in. However the newest plug-in may fix some probs.

Besides, please gimme some tutorial for broadcast my media.
My friend wants to broadcast something too, but it does not work for him.

thx
OlexijL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 20:39   #5
DrO

there were some issues with the earlier versions of the v2 but other than Vista / Windows 7 issues with the capture device support (which is stated as a known issue), there aren't any crash issues or other problems which it might have had (or which the v1). you really should have reported issues if there were in whatever version(s) you'd tried.

there's a load of threads in the SHOUTcast forums (from the stickies) which can be used as a basis for getting going - there's so many different things people try to do with broadcasting that i'm not going to point you at a specific guide on getting going without knowing what exactly is being tried.

-daz
Old 6th July 2011, 19:29   #6
djtala

Right now my dowload is at 1108 kbpr and my upload is 272. It is usually a lot worse that than on weekend nights when I planned to broadcast.

But still it keeps connecting/reconnecting.

So you are suggesting to use a previous version of Winamp?
Old 6th July 2011, 22:00   #7
DrO

if your connection is flaky, it could be the ISP is doing things to prevent broadcasting (has been known especially when not using business level contracts). also it depends on what bitrate you're try to broadcast at and also anything else using network traffic which could cause such things.

however, is it the listening or the source to DNAS connection which keeps dropping (as you've not really specified what part is failing, which i forgot to ask after the curve ball of OlexijL's post).

also what versions of the tools are you currently using i.e. DNAS version, the source you're using, etc.

will likely move this thread to the SHOUTcast forums once the above has been worked out.

-daz
Old 11th July 2011, 18:38   #8
djtala

It works now! Not great but it works!

I reinstalled WINAMP and the DSP. For some reason I have a new stream ISP even though I left that as-is.

It broadcasts, now I have to find out why I am getting an annoying echo effect and bad sound quality.

Thanks.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
reconnecting