Old 10th May 2011, 01:25   #1
ex0r

Playlist integration

Hello fellow winamp users! I have a couple of questions!

I am so pleasantly thrilled with the functionality of winamp, that I have decided to use it for my DJing, both online, and offline. I had a few questions though, regarding it's use:

1.) How do the playlists work? Are they dynamic, or static? (Does it require me to restart winamp when the playlist is updated, or does it automatically update)

2.) How are the playlists stored? in a .dll? in a .txt file?

Let me ask for this reason:

I am building a custom web interface, for both online and offline use, that allows people to log into a remote website, and view a list of all available tracks, and add tracks to the playlist, where it is automatically updated in winamp. Is this possible, or does it require some hackery to get it work correctly?

What it's gonna be, is an interface where people can view all of the tracks we have, can search for tracks by artist name, album, song, the usual, and than when it lists the results, it will allow them to put a checkbox next to a few of them and click 'add to playlist' and it will automatically add and update the playlist in real-time in winamp.

Is this possible, or is something special needed for uninterrupted playback during djing?
ex0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 13:43   #2
fc*uk

What you want done was available in a program from oddsock called songrequester. Unfortunately, oddsock has shutdown, but it looks like you can still get the program here: http://www.brothersoft.com/song-requester-198177.html

Might save yourself a lot of time this way.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 21:19   #3
ex0r

Hmm, i'm really looking to develop something I make myself, that way I can customize it to exactly how I want it to be, and add in any features I need/want later on.

Any ideas?
ex0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support