Old 4th July 2011, 09:23   #1
aMUSiC

sc_serv (2) process dies unexpectedly

I have recently switched my radio station to the shoutcast 2/transcoder combo. However at random times (could be seconds after the server is online or could be hours) the sc_serv process terminates without any warning, or any error in the log-file or syslog

I'm running the 64bit linux version of the server on a i7 cpu with Ubuntu 11.04.

I noticed in the the requirements section of the readme.txt file that sc_serv requires glibc 2.5 to run. The latest stable version for Ubuntu 11.04 is 2.13 which is what sc_serv (and trans) has been running under. Could this be the culprit?

I'm also using a script that is polling the server every 5 seconds usinc cURL to check for song changes and update a website through admin.cgi. Could this put enough stress to the server to cause it to die without warning?

The last line in the log file before the server died the last time was:

2011-07-04 05:14:57 D msg:[SRC 127.0.0.1:55949 sid=1] Cacheable metadata

My config file is as follows

code:
logfile=./logs/sc_serv.log
banfile=./control/sc_serv.ban
ripfile=./control/sc_serv.rip
screenlog=0
logclients=0
log=1
include=./sc_serv_debug.conf
publicserver=never
portbase=80
password=********
adminpassword=**********
maxuser=1500
streamid_1=1
streampath_1=/
streammaxuser_1=800
streamallowrelay_1=1
streamallowpublicrelay_1=1
streamid_2=2
streampath_2=/mobile
streammaxuser_2=300
yp2=1
buffertype=1

I really do not want to go back to shoutcast 1.. =/
aMUSiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 09:52   #2
DrO

it's most likely you're experiencing a known issue with certain title updates coming from the transcoder (as seems to be what you're using). i can't really provide you test builds of the tools to try out at the moment (possibly in a few days unless i get the next public builds sorted out in time and then those would need to be tried).

what sort of titles are being sent from the Transcoder i.e. do they contain non-english characters? also i take it outprorocol=3 in the Transcoder configuration?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 10:02   #3
aMUSiC

Hm.. this makes sense actually. outprotocol is indeed 3 and the song-title that killed the server did contain the character ö in it

And yes.. verified it. Tried to stream the particular song title to the server again... caused an instantaneous death of sc_serv.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:11   #4
DrO

that was a good guess as that is known to be fixed (at least from what a few other users have tested over the last few months) so the next public builds should resolve any issues for you (hopefully).

-daz
Old 4th July 2011, 10:22   #5
aMUSiC

Thanks a bunch DrO. Guess we'll have to refrain from streaming non-english chars till the new build is out (any rough estimate for that btw?).. Oh.. and also station registration for YP2 =)
Old 4th July 2011, 10:26   #6
DrO

see http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=46 for what's needed for an authhash at the moment (will be done in-dnas when that is ready).

possibly towards the end of the week though that's not 100% definite as there's still a fair bit to be done on the dnas & transcoder to get them public ready.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support