Old 2nd February 2005, 03:56   #1
akrall

Send a message via ICQ to akrall
Encoding Problem: No Video

Guys. I have been able to encode perfectly until now. I updated my codecs using k-lite codec pack and I am able to watch the original avi using either WMP or Winamp but when trying to encode using nsvenc I get this:

D:\Video Encoding\NSVtools>nsvenc "..\23.97\Alias 4x05 Welcome To Liberty Villag
e.avi"
NSVenc v0.80 (4/19/03) - Copyright (C) 2001-2003, Nullsoft Inc.
audio=16bit*2ch@48000hz
to : ..\23.97\Alias 4x05 Welcome To Liberty Village.avi.nsv
audio=MP3l (resampled to 2ch@22050hz)

As you can see.. no video just audio..

Why is this?

Hope you can help me.
akrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 04:12   #2
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

that's simple

the tool has good taste and refuses to encode

also klite codecs messes up a lot more than it fixes. does the video work in windows media player?

Originally posted by yeshuawatso :
...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Inedible Bulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2005, 04:27   #3
akrall

Quote:
Originally posted by Inedible Bulk
that's simple

the tool has good taste and refuses to encode

also klite codecs messes up a lot more than it fixes. does the video work in windows media player?
Yea, video works good on WMP, I downloaded klite because I started having video problems today out of nowhere...

i was doing some encoding and stuff yesterday, no problems... then today I started watchign some videos using WMP and noticed that video was slow, like fps were at 10 so I downloaded winamp and same thing.

I grabbed klite codecs packs and installed. The video issue was resolved but nsvenc wont encode avis now

What do you recommend? remove klite and install what?

Thx for the help!!!
Old 2nd February 2005, 04:29   #4
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

just the codecs individually, and use gspot to find out what codecs those are.

i once installed the mpeg decoder with klite, and then mpegs were all black and it was lame so i uninstalled and it was good times again

...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Old 2nd February 2005, 04:34   #5
akrall

So you dont recommend using any codec packs? none of them are good?

Any url for a codec guide page?
Old 2nd February 2005, 04:36   #6
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

well codec packs in themselves are fine but sometimes they can severely fuck up things, i prefer to not use a packed version which may have old/broken codecs, and to install them myself. complete control, suchas to tell divx NOT to decode all fourcc codecs (it doesnt do great with xvid or something like that) and just install xvid seperately.

I don't know, I guess I'm weird. One thing I do like though is quicktime/real alternative, which supposedly comes with the pack. I suppose if you uncheck most of the things except the good ones the codec packs are fine, but i only know of Klite pack with the checkboxes. "Nemo" is rumored to be a good pack as well.

also:

google.

Old 2nd February 2005, 04:39   #7
akrall

Also, I was wondering... I never noticed this before installing the klite codec pack:

I use various programs for converting avi to mpg and viceversa sometimes and I just opened one of them and noticed that it shows under avi compressor and audio the VP3 and VP6 compressor from ON2 and of course mp3 as audio... my question is:

nsvenc does that same thing right? compress to vp3 and mp3.. so in theory, any converter that can do vp3 and mp3 would be the same as using nsvenc?
Old 2nd February 2005, 04:45   #8
akrall

Quote:
Originally posted by Inedible Bulk
well codec packs in themselves are fine but sometimes they can severely fuck up things, i prefer to not use a packed version which may have old/broken codecs, and to install them myself. complete control, suchas to tell divx NOT to decode all fourcc codecs (it doesnt do great with xvid or something like that) and just install xvid seperately.

I don't know, I guess I'm weird. One thing I do like though is quicktime/real alternative, which supposedly comes with the pack. I suppose if you uncheck most of the things except the good ones the codec packs are fine, but i only know of Klite pack with the checkboxes. "Nemo" is rumored to be a good pack as well.

also:

google.
Nemo is the pack I was using until today when the codecs got fried... also I went to their webpage and seems the project is dead now
Old 2nd February 2005, 04:47   #9
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by akrall
nsvenc does that same thing right? compress to vp3 and mp3.. so in theory, any converter that can do vp3 and mp3 would be the same as using nsvenc?
no, because at the start of the file is a special set of bytes which gives you the table of the file and other stuff. there was an article explaining how nsv files are set up somewhere, and google saves.

http://www.multimedia.cx/nsv-format.txt

Old 2nd February 2005, 05:26   #10
akrall

I see... well.. I guess Ill have to install the xvid codec manually and see what happens.
Old 2nd February 2005, 07:13   #11
akrall

Damn! I dont get it.. I removed all the codecs, then reinstalled the xvid one and still.. nsvenc doesnt want to encode video, just audio...

Im clueless
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video