Old 4th October 2012, 07:01   #1
chroma032

ML - Mark as Played

Hi, I think it would be really useful to be able to mark songs as played in the media library.

There are times where I import large volumes of songs to my library, and then I might import a new album or two, and the "recently added" view is less than stellar in this instance given I may want to just look at the new albums and add to the current playlist.

Or, if I have to change directories of any of my songs, I have to import them again and they're cluttering my "never played" view in the ML.

Sometimes, I just forget about albums I've added and they disappear from "recently added" and forget to search for them in the "audio" view.

Thus, I would like to be able to use the "never played" view, but given my circumstances, it too often seems cluttered with songs I actually have played before. So, my proposed solution is that you should be able to select any/multiple songs while in the "never played" view and in the right click menu have the option to mark them as played. All my problems would be solved, and it should be relatively simple to address I would think.

It's just a matter of convenience that would improve the user experience, I think. If you have to re-add your files again like I mentioned I've had to do (a couple of times), it would be no problem to just select them all and mark as played and you would be good to go.

Hopefully this is considered. Thanks!
chroma032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 07:59   #2
chroma032

This feature would greatly enhance usability, really, it's a shame it's being ignored

No apologies for trying to get this seen and implemented.
Old 10th April 2013, 09:46   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
have u tried the new beta? it has improved the date stuff. but as to your solution, mark them played as when? its not really designed to be faked out.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 12:12   #4
chroma032

May have a try of the beta I guess, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
but as to your solution, mark them played as when? its not really designed to be faked out.
Seems to make sense to me to mark them as being played at the date and time you clicked for the file(s) to be marked as played? I don't see any problem there.

I currently have about 500 files in my never played list, all of them simply due to some folder restructuring. The recently added tab doesn't really do anything to help unless you're onto new music in small chunks and you listen to it all right in that short window of time the tracks show up there. Having the ability to simply have it linger in your "never played" tab seems much more useful to me...
Old 2nd April 2014, 04:42   #5
chroma032

You know what? Going to bump this again.
Old 2nd April 2014, 05:22   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Since Winamp tracks files by location and filename, it is reasonable to expect files moved to a different folder to be treated as new files. That said, I can also see where your request is reasonable. I guess the devs don't feel that enough users would be interested in having that feature.

You can also edit the "Recently Added" view to extend (or reduce) the period used to select what is shown. I have mine set for 90 days. I don't remember what the default is.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist