Old 3rd May 2016, 16:30   #281
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I hope, I can upload a .zip-folder with 548 KB...

Yippee!!!...

I had uprated those presets to 5, which didn't have the rating 5 yet.

Of course the mossleaves by the other musician are much better than mine, but I don't want to upload them here without asking him. I had made the edits from his original, but I have given full credits to him in the final filenames.

And for planned new test previews I have created the set testmoss. The grainfields are mediocre. The stones have failed, and as tiledstones they are much better than as mossstones. I didn't test the many little blue flowers and the leaves at a wall yet, after I made new image cuts recently. They are not mirrored, but pixies party mirrors them automaticially.

I am getting stick on the idea with photos from leaves, grasses, flowers, stones, barks, meadows, grainfields, woods etc. from above or using Mandelbulber at home.

I am so sorry, that You had lost the original of moss1.jpg, which had a better resolution...
Attached Files
File Type: zip martin - pixies party edits.zip (547.2 KB, 479 views)

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:02   #282
Nitorami
Major Dude

Sabine
thank you for the feedback.
For some reason, the named random textures don't work here, I get a message "could not load texture [.jpg" but nevermind, it works if I paste in the correct filename. I don't know what is broken, maybe I am using an old milkdrop version

You are right, the textures are mirrored internally because I did not want to bother with doing this manually. Originally I searched the Internet for pictures of forests but that did not work out as I had planned. Then I spent an afternoon on a burial ground in my city and took pictures of moss, bush and grass, and after some post-processing decided for this image (I tried pictures including stones as well !).

If you look closely you'll see that the ground is not a flat image but to some degree 3-dimensional, and the tree tops are swaying in the wind - although it takes a quiet moment to see this. In fact the background is not just a plain image but a few instances of the same picture, masked, scaled and overlayed. This required quite some manual adjustment to the picture in the preset code, and is the reason that not every picture works the same way. Most other pictures appear more "flat", and would require the code to be adjusted.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 16:47   #283
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

With Milkdrop 2.25c for me the textures are picked randomly.

I have also some "vytis micro world versions", which pick special textures, and I have a very good album artwork with 1.24 MB in 1198x798 pixel, before he had changed the album artwork for his former SoundCloud-Track (we had the Old SoundCloud yet). This one image is mirrored perfectly, and I had put it into the mosscity serial. And from a downloaded Facebook-Image with green leaves on the ground I started with my own experiments for mossleaves.

I am sure, You Yourself will create a moos2.jpg and maybe also a moss3.jpg etc. some day, and I have opened the way to them.

BTW, Vytis and I are musicians and photographers, and our photos are very similar...

Old 16th July 2016, 12:48   #284
ctrlshift

holy shit i thought you were done years ago... happy to see i was wrong. thanks martin!
ctrlshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 13:08   #285
ctrlshift

sabine: i cant get your edits to work either... cant find the textures for some reason. i am using winamp 5.666, milkdrop 2.25c on windows 7
ctrlshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 15:10   #286
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I am so sorry, that my edited versions don't work for You. After I had copied my edited versions from my PC via USB-Stick onto my notebook, I had pasted them into my other Winamp (Winamp 5.581 with Milkdrop 2.21). And the presets work also there. On my PC I have still Winamp 5.7 Beta Build 3381 with Milkdrop 2.25c. And please don't kill me now, just because it is not Winamp 5.666 Build 3516.

Here I have those 2 textures, which are 100% from me (incl. the basic, from where I had made the cuts). I myself am the copyright owner...
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=279

I hope, that the musician Vytis in Ireland will forgive me, if I will send a little .zip-folder to You in a PM, after I have uploaded it on Mediafire. Today I am not able to load Mediafire. Of course my edits from his basic and his other mirrored image are much better than my edits from my own basic.

But hey, why not closing Winamp, right-clicking the icon and starting Winamp as administrator for one session (and the next time again in the normal user mode)? Then You can name Your edits with "... sabine klare micro world (mossleavesbysabineklare1)" and "... sabine klare micro world (mossleavesbysabineklare5)"at the end and with "martin - pixies party..." at the beginning. You can load the presets with L, then hit Esc, then press M. In the comp shader You can change from "sampler_moss1" to "sampler_mossleavesbysabineklare1", and You can hit S and save the edited version with the new preset name (with Enter). Then You can repeat the step and do the same with "sampler_mossleavesbysabineklare5".

I myself did that with "... vytis micro world ..." because the downloaded SoundCloud Image with 1.24 MB and 1198x798 pixel was from his song "Micro World", before he had changed the album artwork and uploaded the final artwork. It was this one image, which suddenly had brought me to my ideas, when I saw it in one of the 185 DLG Presets. It is mirrored already to all 4 edges and to all 4 canvas, and it is really perfect. And when I saw again his other image with the green leaves on the ground, I had known what do do...

Old 20th August 2016, 22:04   #287
Fumbling_Foo

Hi Klare , I downloaded your presets from post 281, extracted them to their own folder under the Milkdrop2 directory, and went there with milkdrop using the list command. The presets were fantastic and all of them worked flawlessly for me, no error messages.

I have a hunch that the windows file/folder permissions may be the root problem, as I had to change ownership and grant myself full control for the Program Files (x86) folder to prevent UAC from nagging me. I couldn't even save mashups or rate presets until I made that fix.

Also, I'm surprised that I didn't have to move the textures to the designated "textures" folder for them to work, but they also worked in the designated folder.
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 16:42   #288
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

The first person, who has no problems with my edits...

I myself use the administrator mode for Winamp only for short sessions, as long as necessary, and I do all my works on my PC anyway, before they come also onto my notebook. With currently 9903 preses and 4328 textures I cannot get bored.

I have read, that required textures can be also in the presets folder instead of the textures folder, but I want to have all textures in the textures folder. For disliked textures I use replacement textures instead, and I do that also for required and missed textures, which I didn't find. And I have found also in the software Mandelbulber 2 very useful images, which had come as copies with new filenames into my Winamps.

I hope, that in my longer absence I can still listen to good music in Winamp...

Old 2nd September 2016, 20:06   #289
Nitorami
Major Dude

Preview

Coming soon I hope. Not quite happy with it yet.

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage02.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	52589  
Old 3rd September 2016, 14:03   #290
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I need a name for the screenshot, and I have already another image with the filename Zwischenablage02.jpg in one of my image-subfolders in Pictures, but maybe I can name it orbital_gravity.jpg, at least the final cut version, after I have removed the blue canvas above. I could name it also volcano_planet_in_orbit.jpg, and it would look very fine as additional random texture together with the 185 DLG Presets. Of course I wish to know also the name of the future preset, and maybe it could have a similar name.

For a longer time I can come only on some of the Saturdays, because I am in the hospital now, and it will take a while, until I can answer a question...

BTW, I have named the other image from Your other post Metal_City.jpg (instead of Zwischenablage01.jpg)...
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=186

Old 4th September 2016, 18:37   #291
Nitorami
Major Dude

Sabine

Nevermind the names of jpgs, all of my screenshots are "Zwischenablage2.jpg"
Same for the preset, I am not done with it yet, and the name will be the last thing I'll worry about. I am currently tinkering with something else... I cannot seem to make it into a good preset, but it generates interesting scenic impressions, see attached another Zwischenablage2.jpg.

Hope the best for you.
Martin
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Zwischenablage02.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	52598  
Old 9th September 2016, 21:09   #292
Nitorami
Major Dude

Blue Haze

The title is from a song of Ivan Hajek.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - blue haze.milk (17.5 KB, 314 views)
Old 10th September 2016, 10:49   #293
hakanh

Hi Martin,
I use Intel and Nvidia's graphic cards combination solution and it ("blue haze" preset) gives error.
hakanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 12:07   #294
Nitorami
Major Dude

Hakanh

Can you post a screenshot of the error message please, and tell me whether the two test versions attached (without the planet) cause the same problem ?
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - blue haze test version1.milk (15.9 KB, 239 views)
File Type: milk martin - blue haze test version2.milk (15.9 KB, 243 views)
Old 10th September 2016, 12:56   #295
hakanh

Martin
I can not take screenshot because the screen is freezing and winamp is closing. Error lyric, http://i63.tinypic.com/nto3t.png
[IMG][/IMG]

Also, I used "blue haze" test versions and they worked.
Old 10th September 2016, 16:42   #296
CJ_Man

Hi Martin,

Yeah Blue Haze crashes Winamp for me too, also using NVIDIA graphics.

From the crash log: Read from location 88000128 caused an access violation.

Tests versions worked fine.
CJ_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 20:16   #297
Nitorami
Major Dude

Yes, now I had a crash myself, nvidia as well, in module d3dx9_31.dll, "read from location 01081186 caused an access violation."
It seems to be the planet that causes the problem, but only occasionally. The only "new" thing I used in this preset is the sampler_noise_mq texture. I'll try changing that to _hq.
Old 17th September 2016, 15:12   #298
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You for Your good wishes, Martin. Fortunately I am in the hospital at day and not in the hospital at night. On the Fridays the time in the meeting-point is much shorter now, but now we have one of the Saturdays. My full-time-therapy is still running, and on the most recent therapeutic tour in a park I made also some new photos. I still like my idea with my image-project Nature & Landscapes without humans, and for me they interact fine with Winamp & Milkdrop...

I have named the second screenshot "metal_ice_fountains.jpg", and also this image has come into the textures folder. For the other cut version in 1049x728 pixel I had decided for the name "orbital_gravity.jpg", which I want to leave now, but of course You can name it also "blue_haze_with_planet.jpg". About the namings: I am interested also for astronomy and parasiences.

I remember, also in November 2015 I had experienced the hangings and crashes of Winamp with module d3dx9_31.dll, when I wanted to see one of the presets from 2015, and it happened on both computers, my PC with NVIDIA and my notebook with AMD. I had to delete this one preset. And of course also "martin - blue haze.milk" will remain outside of the presets folder.

The psychologist has said, I should do also beautiful things, and of course I know the most beautiful thing: Ambient Dub & Dub Techno with the perfect performances, which would be good also on Techno Live Events...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	orbital_gravity.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	52623  

Old 19th September 2016, 23:23   #299
Nitorami
Major Dude

Oldschool presets

Some rather oldschool work, for a change.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Zwischenablage03.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	52640  
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - polar lights.milk (10.2 KB, 312 views)
File Type: milk martin - shine on me.milk (10.3 KB, 308 views)
File Type: milk martin - shader pimped caleidoscope.milk (11.6 KB, 292 views)
Old 24th September 2016, 12:15   #300
Nitorami
Major Dude

Juggernaut

A juggernaut (UK Listeni/ˈdʒʌɡərnɔːt/, US /-nɒt, -nɔːt/, JUG-ər-not[1]), in current English usage, is a literal or metaphorical force regarded as mercilessly destructive and unstoppable. This usage originated in the mid-nineteenth century[2] as an allegorical reference to the Hindu temple cars of Jagannath Temple in Puri, which apocryphally were reputed to crush devotees under their wheels.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - juggernaut.milk (12.2 KB, 528 views)
Old 24th September 2016, 20:15   #301
xmuzack

Nitorami, I finally signed up today to specifically thank you for continuing to share your Milkdrop presets. I'm a long time Winamp user who tried all the other music players, but always come back to Winamp. Not only because it's an awesome music and video player, but because it's the best at supporting Milkdrop. Nothing compares to it. Your presets are top shelf and even though Milkdrop/Winamp might seem old and the forum might not by jammed packed with activity, there are still people who appreciates the work that you do and also the work that the other talented coders do. Geiss, Aderrasi, Eo.s., Fexi, Fishbrain, Rovastar and all the other coders and remixers, thank you. Nitorami, your Zen Walk, Shine on Me, Lonely Goose, Pixies Party, Extreme Heat, Baby one more Time are among my favs. Thanks a million.

They'd have to pry Winamp from my cold dead hands, I love it that much. :-)
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 19:35   #302
Nitorami
Major Dude

xmuzack

Thanks for the feedback. It's really good to get some response every now and then to reassure it is not all void out there.

Martin
Old 26th September 2016, 02:20   #303
hatecubed

Hi Nitorami,

Also signed up to say thanks! I've been using Winamp and Milkdrop for pretty much my entire life. I'm getting more heavily into Milkdrop now than ever before, so it's great to see that other people have not forgotten
hatecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 19:38   #304
hakanh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitorami View Post
A juggernaut (UK Listeni/ˈdʒʌɡərnɔːt/, US /-nɒt, -nɔːt/, JUG-ər-not[1]), in current English usage, is a literal or metaphorical force regarded as mercilessly destructive and unstoppable. This usage originated in the mid-nineteenth century[2] as an allegorical reference to the Hindu temple cars of Jagannath Temple in Puri, which apocryphally were reputed to crush devotees under their wheels.
This (juggernaut) is really awesome. Especially, light effects and reflections of lights are pretty and watching extremely enjoyable.
Old 1st October 2016, 15:39   #305
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I want to give a feedback now. The 3 Oldschool presets look fine and also oldschool_work.jpg looks pretty cool. This evening I want to see also the Juggernaut presets and another new preset.

Currently I have music by Vytis on YouTube running in the meeting-point, but in some minutes I have to turn off the computer.

Have a nice weekend and keep up Your good work!...

Old 11th October 2016, 18:46   #306
Nitorami
Major Dude

Glassworks

Alright, keeping up work as requested. We never stop.

Here is a new and different one. Somehow it feels like it's not quite finished yet... the lighting of the tiles or something still bugs me, but I want to get rid of it now. My back is aching, have spent far too much time with that already.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - glassworks.milk (18.7 KB, 288 views)

Last edited by Nitorami; 11th October 2016 at 21:27.
Old 12th October 2016, 02:43   #307
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
..Somehow it feels like it's not quite finished yet... the lighting of the tiles or something still bugs me..
I like it. Maybe what's missing, if you ask me, is some sort of -sutil- activity on the disc "floor", maybe a soft pulsing light or something (I would give it more texturing, look too flat now). But of course, I know all of this is usually easier saying than doing.. XD

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 03:24   #308
xmuzack

Glassworks is stunning. Thank you.
Old 15th October 2016, 13:44   #309
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yesterday in the evening I saw it shortly after pasting 3 new presets into the presets folder and reopening my Winamp on my PC. I am sure, that the next edited versions of this preset will come out in the next days, while I myself have one more week in the hospital at day.

You are right, and also I myself got told by Frank not to sit too much at my PC. Of course I relax also on the couch with the Beyerdynamic headphones and my Winamp on my notebook. To avoid the pain in the back, as long as the leaves are at the trees yet for this year, also a walk in a park with the digital camera is very good, and on the weekly therapeutic walks I made some new photos. But our older Medion digital camera is much better than my newer Praktika digital camera. I should test again also my Casio digital camera. New self-made additional random textures? Oh yes!...

In the meeting-point I have Chillkyway.net on the SHOUTcast Website running, and of course that's very good "Winamp Food". It could be tested also with the upcoming "martin - glassworks 2.milk" and with the "Star Forge presets"...

Old 24th October 2016, 17:01   #310
Nitorami
Major Dude

Alright, here is a new version. As Victhor proposed, added a structure and lights to the floor and amended a few other things. Not particularly difficult, it just takes time to get it right. I am not an artist and need a lot of try and error.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - glassworks 2.milk (21.3 KB, 276 views)
Old 24th October 2016, 17:46   #311
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Mmmm... it's not loading here, why would that be?

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th October 2016, 18:17   #312
Nitorami
Major Dude

Not loading ? Do you mean it is not shown in the preset list when you press L, or it does load but fails to run, or does milkdrop throw an error message ?
Old 24th October 2016, 18:24   #313
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

D'oh! Was at work and wrote in a rush.. yeah, the first one, it doesn't show when displaying the list.. (I usually name new presets with a leading "-" so it shows up first, but nothing worked on this case..).
V1 doesn't show up either.. just checked.. there's something wrong with my work setup..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th October 2016, 18:42   #314
Nitorami
Major Dude

Presets are only shown in the list when the graphics card can handle them. If your work PC has an office graphics card with only shader 1 support, you won't see the preset in the list.
Old 24th October 2016, 22:41   #315
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Finally at home... NOW WE'RE TALKING! XD Awesome outcome, really glad you've taken my suggestions and turn it into this (which is so much more of what I imagined..), thanks!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 25th October 2016, 18:09   #316
xmuzack

Oh man! Glassworks2 is like Disney World for my music. It's alive! :-) The middle orb reminds me of paint drops or water drop dancing to the beat. Works great and looks magical. I was already in love with the 1st Glassworks release, but this... is... Wow... Thanks.

O.k., I'll stop spamming your thread with thanks and praises now, :-D
Old 4th December 2016, 17:04   #317
Nitorami
Major Dude

I am still tinkering with glassworks, and will post new version 3 soon. Attached a few pewiew screenshots.

For those who are interested, also attached a zip file with screenshots from the development phase. It just shows how the history starting from the first sketches two months ago.

Martin
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	(6) revised version glassworks 3, sample1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	52872   Click image for larger version

Name:	(6) revised version glassworks 3, sample2.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	52873   Click image for larger version

Name:	(6) revised version glassworks 3, sample3.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	52874  
Attached Files
File Type: zip glassworks development screenshots.zip (479.5 KB, 219 views)
Old 4th December 2016, 18:55   #318
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Damn! I'm loving how you're heading to a more "figurative" style.. (in the artistic style meaning). I think we've seen enough abstract presets so far and it feels kind of easier compared with how much you aim to accomplish here (ground, gravity, structure, light, environment, perspective, etc).

And I think that's where the real "magic" happens, when I can see something I can easily describe (sticks, dance floor, fog and sun) doing indescribable stuff..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 6th December 2016, 02:27   #319
Kozmyk

Quote:
Alright, here is a new version. As Victhor proposed, added a structure and lights to the floor and amended a few other things. Not particularly difficult, it just takes time to get it right. I am not an artist and need a lot of try and error.
Spectacular! Thank you!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/90kzzrd4R6U
Kozmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 21:22   #320
Nitorami
Major Dude

Nice video, thanks for sharing !
And here is version 3.

Edit: Koz Myk, I note that you made quite a lot of milkdrop videos on youtube. They would be easier to find if you added a few keywords !
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - glassworks 3.milk (26.9 KB, 708 views)
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets