Old 25th September 2003, 07:44   #401
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

First thing I noticed, the width of the small (thumbnail) screenshot is too large, should be max. 137 pixels, you could also easily replace the big screenshot with the current small one.
Old 25th September 2003, 08:40   #402
mindelec

Screenshot

Could you please tell me the exact size both screenshots should have?

The Information on the "How to Submit your plugin" page should be updated to reflect the new requirements...

Thanks, michael
Old 25th September 2003, 23:03   #403
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

The width of the large ss should be no larger than 275, and the small ss 137. For the lenght there is no set limit I know of, just don't make it so large it looks stupid.
Old 26th September 2003, 06:32   #404
mindelec

Ok, i resubmitted...

Can't wait for my plugin to appear on the list
Old 26th September 2003, 13:45   #405
mindelec

annoying

This is really annoying...
Just checked the plugins list, there it was again: my plugin without screenshot, unable to download, with wrong description, etc.

Now i removed it... maybe one day i'll try again...

The winamp plugin submission really annoys me.
Old 27th September 2003, 09:18   #406
sider

Quote:
Originally posted by wildrose-wally
Take your pick:
Windows XP
does it really look like any one of those?
Old 28th September 2003, 13:13   #407
Ludwig von 97

I've tried to submit this skin for WinAmp2:
http://www.webisdead.net/programmes/...ur_WinAmp2.wsz

I tried it twice as I had eperienced some problems to send it the first time, I though maybe the file was corrupted. And twice, "Mike the Llama" answered this:
"We experienced problems during installation. This needs to be resolved."

But I don't have any problem to install it.
So, could someone tell me where's the problem.

(My account is 'LV97')
Old 28th September 2003, 14:23   #408
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

As Winamp 2 is entering a new era with version 2.9, the requirements for skin publication are becoming more defined and a little more strict to ensure quality of skins in the data base. One of those new requirements is that a skin has to have at least the Main Window,the Equalizer, the Playlist and the Minibrowser skinned in order to be published. Your skin is in default of that requirement. Could you please complete the minimum requirement and re-submit?

Thank you very much,

Skin Review Squad.

Minimum requirements:
Main Window
Equalizer
Playlist
Minibrowser
Buttons and Sliders should be visible

Studio (Library and AVS Windows using gen.bmp and genex.bmp) and/or Video Windows are not required for publication at this time, but their absence will affect the Completeness/Functionality and Aesthetics ratings, up to the particular reviewer).
Old 1st October 2003, 08:07   #409
frackher

Hi mi first skin "Becquet Winamp3 Skin" is unpublished because :
We experienced problems during installation. This needs to be resolved.

I dont know what pb?

Can u explain me?
Old 1st October 2003, 08:24   #410
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Before you posted did you read the thread that said.

"Before you post in here, READ THIS"
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=126131

Can't do anything for you until you provide the right information, Component ID for starters, learn how to find that by reading the thread I've just linked up....
Old 1st October 2003, 09:47   #411
Phil K5

Send a message via ICQ to Phil K5
Question Objectionable content ????????????????

I am absolutely baffled and offended by the astonishing decision not to publish my skin of 70's band Family's album cover "Anyway" The only words are "Family - Anyway" and the picture is a Leonardo DaVinci painting of a cannon. "Objectionable content" for Chrissakes ? Who the hell comes up with these decisions ???
Old 1st October 2003, 09:51   #412
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Read the post one up from yours, it explains what is required from you before you post in here, so that we can help you to resolve your problem, it may be something simple, it may be something complex as to why it wasn't published, but until you can provide the information that is required, we can do NOTHING.

Component ID or we can't do a thing.
Old 1st October 2003, 10:37   #413
Phil K5

Send a message via ICQ to Phil K5
Forget it. I only did it for other fans of bands like Family or Gentle Giant who, to say the LEAST are not exactly represented by ANY skins. I'll just go back to doing it for myself. Maybe it was the shape of the DaVinci cannon....phallic ? Not even bloody close, unless it was a cannon-shaped penis ! Representing war ? Only some politically correct halfwit could object to a wonderful middle ages painting on that basis....the words ? Family - yeah, P.C. types dont like "family" thats true.....but a 1970 band for God's sake ? Anyway ? Beats me.....the colour ? A light beige, fawan ? Oh I give up. I think I'll leave it all to the self-righteous reviewer to stay on his high horse and reject totally innocent winamp skins. Delusions of grandeur maybe ? Dont wrry, Mr Jones I'll not be back, and I'll delete my couple of other "highly offensive" (Jesus wept....) Family and Gentle Giant album cover skins.
Old 1st October 2003, 10:43   #414
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Suit yourself, don't say we didn't try and help,as I said, it could have been something simple, slip of the finger and your skin got rejected instead of published, mistakes happen, could be yet another database stuff up, they happen a lot

But, if you don't want a definitive answer, then fair enough.
Old 1st October 2003, 11:19   #415
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Re: Objectionable content ????????????????

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil K5
I am absolutely baffled and offended by the astonishing decision not to publish my skin of 70's band Family's album cover "Anyway" The only words are "Family - Anyway" and the picture is a Leonardo DaVinci painting of a cannon. "Objectionable content" for Chrissakes ? Who the hell comes up with these decisions ???
Phil, your skin was a Winamp3 skin made with a skinner tool, and Winamp admin has decided not to publish those. Sorry.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=150326
Old 1st October 2003, 13:29   #416
frackher

Ok, in the mail it says come here if u have prob, http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....threadid=55236
So here i'm.

Ive read the FAQ.

Here is my cid concerned : 136553.

The prob is apparently u have prob to install it, can u tell me more.

Thx.
Old 1st October 2003, 23:48   #417
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Your skin is not packaged right. Scroll to the bottom on this thread, and you'll find a link to instructions.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=110858
Old 2nd October 2003, 21:42   #418
carlosp
Major Dude

hello guys, i have a little qeustion to you. Well, i wanted to see how much downloads i have on my 3IO skin befor and i couldn´t find it. As I looked in my skin section i saw it isn´t published any more. Could you tell why please?

THX
Old 3rd October 2003, 00:08   #419
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

According to the user reviews (solid 0 star ratings all over) There is a problem with your skin. I removed the comments twice and e-mailed you to take a look at your skin and fix it. No response forced me to unpublish it. Please fix and re-submit.
Old 3rd October 2003, 15:56   #420
carlosp
Major Dude

OK, but the only problem is i acctualy dun know what the problem is because it works fine on my machine. I tested the skin as well with 488 and also 499. On my machine it works very fine and i geuss it works also on your machine because else you wouldn´t publish it. Right? so what should I do now?
Old 4th October 2003, 01:34   #421
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Have other people test it for you.
Old 5th October 2003, 04:53   #422
Magus

Send a message via ICQ to Magus Send a message via AIM to Magus
Angry

Ok, I do not have a component ID as it isn't listed in the email, but I would like to know how exactly my skin is considered a duplicate when I made it by hand, pixel by pixel.

The name was 'FazeVariance' and it was a Winamp2 skin.

Also, two questions. First, whatever happened to unpublishing, or why aren't we warned before deletion?

Second, why can't you have the decency to say WHAT I supposedly duplicated?
Old 5th October 2003, 07:05   #423
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

The web person at admin informed me today he wanted to delete more skins on the lower end of the spectrum, i.e. below a certain number of stars. I told him no, don't do that, there are some good skins there that have no stars because of database problems.

Anyway, from the Stylish skins the ones under 1.5 stars are gone, more might follow, but if there are, admin will have to do it themselves.

Yours was probably among them, but if you look at it this way, database problems gave it no stars, it was forever doomed to be at the bottom. Now you can resubmit it and maybe do quite well in the ratings, who knows.
As for the reason stated in the automatically generated e-mail, the tru reason is not in the list, so it would not be picked.
Old 5th October 2003, 07:37   #424
Magus

Send a message via ICQ to Magus Send a message via AIM to Magus
Well thanks for the reply, but I don't think I'll ever bother submitting a skin here again.
Old 5th October 2003, 08:13   #425
shabaviz55
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to shabaviz55
This process remove my skin that I published 2 month ago.
Old 5th October 2003, 08:30   #426
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

I don't know what skin you published two months ago, you'll have to provide more information.

And while I have your attention, please do not any longer copy the reviewer's comments and use them as your own. You are very capable of writing your own comments.

[edit]I just looked through everything you have ever published in the past, most of it has been deleted because you stole it from others, including visualizations for Sonique adapted for Winamp use. You still have some AVS presets published, and you never submitted any skins. [/edit]
Old 5th October 2003, 10:48   #427
aie93

Send a message via ICQ to aie93 Send a message via AIM to aie93 Send a message via Yahoo to aie93
'Chillout' Removed

I can assure you that my skin 'Chillout' is not a dupe. Could you tell me what apparently I am duplicating. I will then be able to prove mine is the origional and their's is the dupe. Thank you, aie93
Old 6th October 2003, 11:27   #428
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Be sure to read this and follow the information contained within it, nothing can be done for you unless you provide a Component ID number.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=126131
Old 6th October 2003, 16:18   #429
aie93

Send a message via ICQ to aie93 Send a message via AIM to aie93 Send a message via Yahoo to aie93
CID: Unknown as it was DELETED!!!
Old 7th October 2003, 00:12   #430
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

The web person at admin informed me today he wanted to delete more skins on the lower end of the spectrum, i.e. below a certain number of stars. I told him no, don't do that, there are some good skins there that have no stars because of database problems.

Anyway, from the Stylish skins the ones under 1.5 stars are gone, more might follow, but if there are, admin will have to do it themselves.

Yours was probably among them, but if you look at it this way, database problems gave it no stars, it was forever doomed to be at the bottom. Now you can resubmit it and maybe do quite well in the ratings, who knows.
As for the reason stated in the automatically generated e-mail, the tru reason is not in the list, so it would not be picked.
Old 7th October 2003, 09:46   #431
Dimiz

Send a message via ICQ to Dimiz
Why my skin is deleted?!

I've post my skin. You approved it. It was online more than week. There was 800 or more downloads. And now it's deleted!!!
Why?
http://www.winamp.com/components/det...onentId=136304
Old 7th October 2003, 10:36   #432
frackher

Hi my Winamp 3 Skin had been unpublished again.
I've repacking the wal files with the instructions but it seems u have probs again.

My cid : 136553.

Tell me what, see ya.
Old 7th October 2003, 11:06   #433
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Your skin kinda published itself, complete with ratings and comments from another skin. Just put your comments on it and re-submit.
Old 7th October 2003, 11:08   #434
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Re: Why my skin is deleted?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimiz
I've post my skin. You approved it. It was online more than week. There was 800 or more downloads. And now it's deleted!!!
Why?
http://www.winamp.com/components/det...onentId=136304
Was it completely skinned? Including the Minibrowser?
Old 8th October 2003, 09:07   #435
Dimiz

Yes, My Lord!!!
I thought admins could e-mail at least about deleting =(
Whats a problem with my skin?
I'm reposting it now. Check it please.
Old 10th October 2003, 06:46   #436
Dimiz

Hi.
I have completelly redesigned 'M-Club v 1' skin.
First vesion was partially get from 'yaxAmp' of razmansix. But I've noticed it in comments. Razman piss on it . OK!
I removed all his parts (GOOD parts, damn) from my skin. Now there aren't alien parts in 'M-Club v 1' !
Old 10th October 2003, 15:22   #437
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

winamp 3 skin component 136760 Venom v1

What was the problem? said I had to come here it was unpublished. Thanks.
Old 14th October 2003, 04:18   #438
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....87#post1120987
Old 14th October 2003, 09:56   #439
uNDefineD

Send a message via ICQ to uNDefineD Send a message via AIM to uNDefineD
"MiniPak 4 - Remixes" posted in Winamp 3 AVS presets (I know, not a skin, but this is where the email said to go) a few days ago. CID: 136885. I obtained permission from every artist I remixed, here's the proof. I can't think what else could possibly be wrong.
Old 15th October 2003, 03:02   #440
AllenRobinson

I'm having kind of a problem. I uploaded my skin and it said it was approved, but then it tells me there was an error and I need to re-upload it. I've done this twice now and I'm wondering what the problem is? CID is 136871

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Skin and Plug-in Rip Reporting for Removal