Old 23rd October 2014, 19:21   #601
yaomtc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Welcome back, Attack Mayo!
What would you like your username changed to?
"yaomtc", please. Thank you!

Last edited by yaomtc; 23rd October 2014 at 19:22. Reason: Adding quote
yaomtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 20:01   #602
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaomtc View Post
"yaomtc", please. Thank you!
Done :-)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 23:39   #603
yaomtc

Thanks!
yaomtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2014, 08:36   #604
apoc [t.i.m.]

media library get stuck

Somehow for some reason I can't add big mp3 folders to the winamp media library, it also get stuck and does nothing. I use the latest winamp 5.666 and latest patches with Windows 7 PRO x64. Hopefully someone can help me out?

With kind regard, Tim.

edit: it might be a problem with user rights
=> usb-hdd was setup in Win.XP (x86) on a new Win7 (x64) I can see the files, trying to fix this

Last edited by apoc [t.i.m.]; 24th October 2014 at 11:32. Reason: added edit:
apoc [t.i.m.] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2014, 11:01   #605
DrO

please clarify "stuck" and how exactly you're adding files to the library.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2014, 13:09   #606
davor.geci

Welcome back Winamp!!!

I am proud I took part in signing a petition against the death of Winamp. Winamp will not die!!!!
DrO and the entire team from Radionomy Thank you!
I read in earlier postings of DrO that Winamp will continue to allow Winamp SDK for creating plug-ins and external controling of Winamp?
I must admit that I immediately dig for old laptops and began to comb the program code last modified in 2010
DrO I hope to be allowed to ask the people here in the forum, when I launch the website again and comb through the program code, to try my program that expands Winamp so it has the possibilities that a radio station needs to work?
So some specifics that are not necessary for all users, and would come in handy for those who use Winamp for radio broadcasting I'll try to incorporate into my program and not accumulating little-used functions in Winamp (and to little depressurize DrO. ;-) ). Till the community of plug-ins developers gathers again.

Davor from AssBroadcast
davor.geci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 02:24   #607
GorillaCat

Started in 2008 & never looked back

Hi Winamp dev, can't wait to see what you guys come up with next! Not sure if this is the right place for this (or if I'm posting this right) but I was wondering about ID3 Tagging, why not get the info from Discogs, iTunes, Amazon, Beatport etc. and use an internal script to apply it to the files, like magic?

P.S. Please keep the format converter and as many awesome features as you can guys
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 03:12   #608
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaCat View Post
Hi Winamp dev, can't wait to see what you guys come up with next! Not sure if this is the right place for this (or if I'm posting this right) but I was wondering about ID3 Tagging, why not get the info from Discogs, iTunes, Amazon, Beatport etc. and use an internal script to apply it to the files, like magic?

P.S. Please keep the format converter and as many awesome features as you can guys
I'm guessing because those services weren't made for that reason, so it wouldn't be easy to implement, versus services that were made for album info pulling.

Plus I doubt services like Amazon or iTunes would even have an API to use.
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 03:42   #609
ChiggyChiggy

Amazon has one for fetching cover art i believe (but not track/ album info), Musicbrainz uses it when it doesnt have coverart in its own database.

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 16:33   #610
GorillaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
I'm guessing because those services weren't made for that reason, so it wouldn't be easy to implement, versus services that were made for album info pulling.

Plus I doubt services like Amazon or iTunes would even have an API to use.
I wouldn't know anything about API's or backends but it would be cool to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiggyChiggy View Post
Amazon has one for fetching cover art i believe (but not track/ album info), Musicbrainz uses it when it doesnt have coverart in its own database.
I've used Musicbrainz Picard in the past and most of the time the results were compilation CD's from Eastern Europe or something completely random so I ended up doing the work myself by searching around on Discogs. I always found what I needed, even cover art when avaliable (as long as 2 pieces of info were correct), but it was very time consuming. I was hoping the dev could come up with a way to partially automate the process.

[EDIT] Thanks for the replies!

Last edited by GorillaCat; 26th October 2014 at 16:34. Reason: Forgot to say thankyou
Old 26th October 2014, 16:40   #611
DrO

the information any of those services provide is only as good as what is put in and how the matching is able to be done.

like from the early testing i have done, coverart via Musicbrainz generally doesn't get me anything whereas it almost always works when done via last.fm's service.

whatever is eventually provided, it will have to be able to make sense of data (metadata and artwork) from multiple sources to attempt to find the most applicable match. since if you're trying to auto-tag something, it's effectively a guessing game and will be only as good as what can be made sense of from the information that can be obtained (assuming it's correct - as i've seen weird things come back for CD lookup requests over the years which bore little relation to the actual CD that was expected, again coming back to you get back as good as what you put in).

and i don't know where you've gotten the idea the format converter was being removed, there's never been any mention or reason for that to happen (the most is that you'll need to download at least lame_enc.dll yourself rather than it being included in the Winamp installer).
Old 26th October 2014, 16:46   #612
GorillaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
the information any of those services provide is only as good as what is put in and how the matching is able to be done.

like from the early testing i have done, coverart via Musicbrainz generally doesn't get me anything whereas it almost always works when done via last.fm's service.

whatever is eventually provided, it will have to be able to make sense of data (metadata and artwork) from multiple sources to attempt to find the most applicable match. since if you're trying to auto-tag something, it's effectively a guessing game and will be only as good as what can be made sense of from the information that can be obtained (assuming it's correct - as i've seen weird things come back for CD lookup requests over the years which bore little relation to the actual CD that was expected, again coming back to you get back as good as what you put in).

and i don't know where you've gotten the idea the format converter was being removed, there's never been any mention or reason for that to happen (the most is that you'll need to download at least lame_enc.dll yourself rather than it being included in the Winamp installer).
Noted, although I thought Picard looked at every piece of info in the files + soundprint, but I'm probably wrong.

And for the converter I didn't know if it was going or not, thanks for the confirmation.
Old 26th October 2014, 16:52   #613
DrO

there's a number of ways of handling things when it comes to auto-tagging (which will likely follow some form of fingerprinting - but that's again only as good as what is in any fingerprint db) and other such things as artwork generally just needs artist and album values to get a viable lookup request.

whatever comes, hopefully it won't suck too badly, especially as i'm pretty sure it's going to need to have refinement over a few releases (assuming anyone is left to use a 6.01 or whatever comes after the first 6.0 release.
Old 28th October 2014, 21:52   #614
Eliittihemuli

Okay

So umm...why the FUCK DO THE MIRROR DOWNLOADS GIVE ME SPYWARES AND MALWARES?

You fucking pricks
Eliittihemuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 22:22   #615
DrO

thank you for your very kind words. however, checking the first mirror link from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download does not indicate any of the things you've mentioned and without knowing how / what has indicated this to you, we cannot provide much of a suggestion as to why such a thing has happened. especially as there is none of things in the Winamp installer which could be detected in such a manner as part of any of the 5.66x releases. you can see this for yourself by opening the Winamp installer up in 7-zip and looking at the files, etc which are included within the installer.
Old 28th October 2014, 22:24   #616
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
thank you for your very kind words.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 06:16   #617
ReelStig

You should really, really, really delete the download option from firehorse. It doesn't even use the same installer that the third option uses. Instead it uses it's own installer and puts malware/spyware on your machine.

I declined all the offers, clicked install. It installed, said "The installation could not be complete please try again later" yet still installed all the malaware and junk that I declined.

Seriously, how could you be so stupid as to share your file on that piece of shit website?
ReelStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 11:52   #618
Eliittihemuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelStig View Post
You should really, really, really delete the download option from firehorse. It doesn't even use the same installer that the third option uses. Instead it uses it's own installer and puts malware/spyware on your machine.

I declined all the offers, clicked install. It installed, said "The installation could not be complete please try again later" yet still installed all the malaware and junk that I declined.

Seriously, how could you be so stupid as to share your file on that piece of shit website?
This

Quote:
thank you for your very kind words. however, checking the first mirror link from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download does not indicate any of the things you've mentioned and without knowing how / what has indicated this to you, we cannot provide much of a suggestion as to why such a thing has happened. especially as there is none of things in the Winamp installer which could be detected in such a manner as part of any of the 5.66x releases. you can see this for yourself by opening the Winamp installer up in 7-zip and looking at the files, etc which are included within the installer.
Check again, will you
Old 29th October 2014, 12:11   #619
DrO

well it gave me the correct download when i tried it but now it doesn't

will get something sorted, though what's on those sites is generally out of our control (and before anyone else decides to get abusive about things, this is a sad side effect of the sale and until we have a new release, this is a position for which our hands are tied).
Old 29th October 2014, 12:35   #620
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

I've changed the download links...again....

The downloaded filename(s) should be exactly the same as the one(s) in the Winamp 5.666 Released sticky thread ;-)
Let us know if any of the download mirrors are providing (illegal) modified installers and we will remove said mirror links from here.
Old 29th October 2014, 14:58   #621
MeliciaLX

I have just downloaded Winamp from FileHorse just fine. I've also downloaded an older version from there for my mom's old PC... No problems at all...
MeliciaLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 16:53   #622
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Ok, I've re-added the FileHorse link again, as the downloads seem to be clean again.
The notice still stands though, any mirrors containing modified installers will be removed.

There is no malware/spyware/adware/etc included with the official Winamp 5.666 installer.
Old 29th October 2014, 19:42   #623
Eliittihemuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Ok, I've re-added the FileHorse link again, as the downloads seem to be clean again.
The notice still stands though, any mirrors containing modified installers will be removed.

There is no malware/spyware/adware/etc included with the official Winamp 5.666 installer.
You took the malware site again?

Holy shit, how stupid is that?

"the downloads seem to be clean again hurdur"

Seriously, oh my jesus christ
Old 29th October 2014, 20:07   #624
Supra107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliittihemuli View Post
You took the malware site again?

Holy shit, how stupid is that?

"the downloads seem to be clean again hurdur"

Seriously, oh my jesus christ
Whoawhoawhoa, hold your horses. You should check other links. The tomsguide one leads you DIRECTLY to the Winamp install file, no "downloader" malware shenanigans. Seriously. Try it.

And DON'T ABUSE PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW or else you will end up being lonely and crying in corner.
Supra107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 20:11   #625
DrO

Eliittihemuli: it's not even the primary suggested download, and it's now giving me the correct link as well - so if that's stupid or whatever profanities want to be used then so be it. additionally if you don't like filehorse or whatever mirror, then don't download from it. and it's not like there not other options, including the new one at the top of the list of mirrors provided!
Old 29th October 2014, 20:13   #626
Eliittihemuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra107 View Post
Whoawhoawhoa, hold your horses. You should check other links. The tomsguide one leads you DIRECTLY to the Winamp install file, no "downloader" malware shenanigans. Seriously. Try it.

And DON'T ABUSE PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW or else you will end up being lonely and crying in corner.
I'm not abusing anyone and I mean no harm but still I should have the right to express my feelings to the place which gave me direct link to download malwares by saying "click this to download winamp"
Old 29th October 2014, 20:26   #627
DrO

it comes across that way when the first post you make ends with "You fucking pricks"

i have detailed why things are as-is, we've checked what we can for an unaffiliated 3rd party site (which is giving the correct download) and i've now even personally provided a mirror for the downloads.
Old 29th October 2014, 20:34   #628
Eliittihemuli

Quote:
it comes across that way when the first post you make ends with "You fucking pricks"

i have detailed why things are as-is, we've checked what we can for an unaffiliated 3rd party site (which is giving the correct download) and i've now even personally provided a mirror for the downloads.
I do apologise for my harsh words, but just minutes after I clean reinstalled my computer and started reinstalling my softwares back I download Winamp from their own site and end up with bunch of adwares and malwares, if I may use that as an excuse
Old 30th October 2014, 00:02   #629
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Eliittihemuli
Someone from FileHorse contacted me privately and apologized for accidentally providing the bad installer and promised that they would only be providing the official clean installer from now on. I have confirmed this to be the case, and because they asked so nicely, I added the link again.
I've also changed the FileHippo link so it leads to the direct download for the clean official installer.
There should be no more problems with this issue from now on. All five links are now healthy.
I apologize myself for not catching the bad download links sooner and am very grateful to all the people who reported the problem here.
Old 30th October 2014, 11:39   #630
GorillaCat

I feel stupid

I just realized Discogs can be used as a tag source in mp3tag, my bad
Old 30th October 2014, 20:44   #631
ReelStig

So, basically what you're saying is they've pulled wool over your eyes and you're too blind to see it?

Filehorse: "We're getting a lot of traffic from Winamp's link, let's load up our own installer full of malaware since they're not noticing"

Winamp "Officials": "Hey now, we've heard some reports that you've changed the installer and are injecting people's computers with malaware"

Filehorse: "Oh, that? Yeah....., we're soooo sorry somehow that totally accidentally happened! We honestly had no idea! Could you please please please please put our sharing link back up where thousands of people might possibly download it?"

Winamp: "Oh of course, we totally understand! Ha, what a silly accident that has occured here!"

And to everyone saying "oh well there's other links don't click that one" the fact of the matter is that you're allowing people to download this fucking junk in the first place. They used their own installer and filled people up with malaware, they got caught. Delete their fucking link and stop doing business with them you utter twats. God, it's really fucking simple you guys.

And for my final parting gift, behold; the fruits of your ignorance.

Thanks for the spyware.
ReelStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 19:05   #632
xDR1TeK

The pain

Hi all, it pains me to read news about winamp these days.

I feel a big chunk of my life has just been rendered to virtual memory as no physical form of its existence exists anymore at least not like it used to.

I have been using winamp since before AOL got in the picture.

Frankly, I blame myself, I was selfish. I used winamp like any online resource not thinking about the people behind it.

Please forgive me.
xDR1TeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 20:14   #633
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ReelStig

I understand your concerns, and I also feel your pain about the malware in that 3rd-party external installer.
Not good. Not good at all!

The old link at FileHorse was the same as the 'using download manager' one from the FileHippo link.
Afaik, it was FileHippo's modified installer.
FileHorse have since changed it to the direct download link instead.

We should probably remove the FileHippo link.... but I've changed that to use the direct download, as have FileHorse.
I wasn't aware of the problem until it was reported here.

Again, I'm sorry for not finding out sooner. And yes, I'm a big softie at heart. Sorry for that too.

As a result, http://winampplugins.co.uk/Winamp/ is our main mirror now :-)

Also note that the 'Winamp 5.666 Released' sticky thread has been here all the time....

@xDR1TeK

It pains you to hear that Radionomy saved Winamp from AOL shuttering it,
and that a new release will hopefully be coming some time in 2015?
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:07   #634
danton.q

Quote:
Originally Posted by danton.q View Post
Hi,
I've read this thread with interest but didn't find any info about the improvement of Shoutcast Radio in Winamp Media Library.

Before (till december) I could search by keyword or category (Rock, Classic, etc.). I had then a nice page displaying dozens of radios.

Today I cannot search by category anymore (while on website it's style possible) and worse than that, it displays only 5 stations by page.

So will the Winamp media library Shoutcast radio page be improved, have a nicer design, be more usable ? When ?

I like Winamp, no I love Winamp (maybe one day a Linux version ?).
Quote:
yes. soon. nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danton.q View Post
I'd love to see that. What means "soon" ? Before summer ?
Quote:
i believe it'll be something like that.
On November the 3rd, "Media Library" => "Shoutcast Radio" is not functional... was it really hoped for summer 2014 ?
danton.q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:15   #635
DrO

plans changed (due to some internal and a number of external factors) and the initial hopeful dates were always never set in stone - this is why providing ETAs is never a good thing. all that is stated now is 2015 and whether that is the start of 2015 or the end of 2015 even i don't know.

as for the view not working, you need to provide a bit more information than just "doesn't work" like screenshots, info tool reports, etc.
Old 3rd November 2014, 17:29   #636
udo.behm

When will you be done with the new Winamp??
udo.behm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:23   #637
DrO

udo.behm: are you seriously asking that considering what was posted just prior to it...?
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:29   #638
Supra107

Quote:
Originally Posted by udo.behm View Post
When will you be done with the new Winamp??
Listen kid, you should read what we were saying. WINAMP MIGHT RETURN IN 2015.

Also, why does the current Winamp version doesn't satisfy you? It can play music, it can play videos, it can play Snake, what else do you want from it?

For me it's enough. I installed just the functions i need.

If you need skins, there is many options.

Russian mirror! : http://www.ru.winamp.com/
Using Wayback Machine to locate the links to download which most of them still work normally! : http://www.archive.com/web/
THE LINKS THAT ARE JUST BELOW DOWNLOAD LINKS:
http://www.allwinampskins.com
http://www.1001skins.com
http://www.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti...q=winamp+skins
http://skinconsortium.com/index.php?...loads&typeID=1
http://uploadgeneration.info/Winamp/...com/skins.html
http://winampheritage.com/skins
http://www.winampskins.info
http:/www.customize.org

You can live for now, it's not the end of the world. And if you don't like Winamp, don't use it. There are many worser alternatives.
Supra107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:57   #639
DrO

we've already got the suggested link in the first post which is what should be used for the time being...
Old 3rd November 2014, 21:34   #640
deimantine

just trying to download..and it is hell shit working ....
deimantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion