Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Old 1st May 2007, 21:12   #1
KOOLguy

Metro FM Radio Hungary opens whenever i try to listen to a stream.

Every time i try to open any shoutcast stream, (somafm or Technots or something) winamp opens some Hungarian Radio Station I've never heard of before. I can't listen to anything but this, and this stinks! I'm just not a big fan of Hungarian Pop Music

Update: It mainly happens when a connection to a different shoutcast server is buffering or underrunning. It also mainly happens when using a browser to open shoutcast streams.

I don't know if this is caused by it but for a few days now, ever since this started, some streams have been buffering like crazy, for example, last night, I attempted to listen to a Mayday 2007 Stream with 15 listeners at 128kbps, and it was buffering at 68% and then it just hanged there forever. also, I ran a bandwidth check while waiting for that stream to buffer, and it said 812.4 kbits/sec which is more then enough.
KOOLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 21:55   #2
fc*uk

sounds like you got some good spam-o-licious shit going on with your computer.

I'll send yoda.

Seriously, you may be better off asking in the winamp technical support. It seems to me that what is going on is very similar to getting your default home page of your browser hijacked.

I looked through winamp's settings and nothing was obvious to me. Hence, asking the pros in Winamp technical support.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 17:51   #3
KOOLguy

I ran a virus scan and nothing malicious was found except for one registry error, but I had solved that and then see the same problem again, anyway, I'll ask the guys in the winamp tech support forum. Thanks.
KOOLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 19:10   #4
fc*uk

hey, if ya don't mind, let me know what the final solution is... I am curious....
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support