Old 7th November 2012, 05:42   #1
OnionRingOfDoom

Send a message via AIM to OnionRingOfDoom
I give you: Offline AVS Renderer (Beta)

So, I don't know if this will be useful to anyone right now, but here it is anyway.

http://code.google.com/p/offline-avs/

So, basically, you can render giant 1080p and up AVS videos. Jheriko and I wrote it, with help from PAK-9 and grandchild.

This is a Windows command line app that runs AVS without Winamp. Slowly. Give it a render size, a source wave file, and a preset file, and Offline AVS will spit out a png for every frame.

But here's the difference: normally winamp keeps playing audio while AVS renders in its own thread. This syncs the audio stream with avs's frame rate, feeding in audio in 1/30th of a second chunks, regardless of avs's internal frame-rate.

What this means is that you can automatically render giant avs frames as an image sequence. Convert the image sequence to a movie at 30fps, and then lay the audio on top, and it'll be in perfect sync, regardless of the captured render size.

You run it like this:

code:
avs_rig.exe vis_avs.dll width height waveFile.wav presetFile.avs

You'll need something to combine the images into a movie file with the audio on top. I use After Effects. Just import the image sequence, add it to a new comp, and pop the source audio on top, and you're good to go.

Right now it only works with wave files, 44100Hz sample rate, 16 bit PCM. Stereo or mono, both work.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have a GUI frontend for it ready to go as well.

Here's a list of things that are good ideas to add but that I'm too lazy to actually add:
  • Support for MP3 / Other kinds of audio files
  • Automatic combination of image sequence and audio into movie file

This thing is still a beta so let me know if you witness any issues with it. If you want to add mp3 support or anything else, come find me on #avs on freenode irc network, and I'll give you commit access.
OnionRingOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 11:24   #2
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

Cool idea!

I tried to test it but I guess this bug is fun spoiling.
I tried using an old, terrible, basic preset of mine and it rendered stuff to the screen, but I have no idea where the pngs are, if it did spit any out.

And is it me or does it look like pixel doubling is wrongly turned on?

Also just use mencoder/ffmpeg to stitch the images together.
Something like:
code:
mencoder "mf://*.png" -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=1500 -o full.flv -vf scale=640:480 -of lavf -lavfopts format=flv -ofps 30 -noskip

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
QOAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 21:42   #3
Grandchild

virtualdub also does quite well with importing image sequences and splicing that with audio.
Grandchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 03:57   #4
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Let me know if this continues to develop. If it ends up with a GUI I might really like it.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 12:41   #5
Yathosho
Forum King

funny it doesn't run at all on my windows computer, while it runs under osx with darwine. th visualizations don't react to the music, but capturing works. still a bit of a mess, isn't it.
Yathosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 11:25   #6
lornet

NEED HELP

http://avs.url.ph/avs_rig.htm

The utility writes "SAVING FRAME", but PNG-files are not generated. What could be the problem? Where should stir the output files?

Утилита пишет "SAVING FRAME", но PNG-файлы не формируются. В чём может быть проблема? Где должны размешаться выходные файлы? Кому удалось получить результат практически?

Offline AVS Renderer (Beta)

Интерфейс командной строки, который позволяет выполнять AVS-плагин Winamp без Winamp. Работает медленно. Укажите размер кадра для рендера, исходный аудио файл и файл пресета, и приложение выдаст png-файл для каждого фрейма. Но вот различие: обычно winamp воспроизводит звук, тогда как AVS выполняет собственный код. Здесь же аудио поток синхронизируется с фреймовым показателем, формируя фрагменты соответственно с аудио каждую 1/30 секунды, независимо от внутреннего фреймового показателя avs. Это означает, что вы можете автоматически рендерить гигантские avs фреймы как последовательность изображений. Затем преобразуйте последовательность изображений в видео с частотой 30 fps, наложите звук поверх видео, и это обеспечит отличную синхронизацию, независимо от размера захваченного рендера. Так, в принципе, вы можете рендерить гигантские 1080p и более видео AVS.

http://avs.chat.ru
lornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 10:35   #7
Yathosho
Forum King

Anybody surprised this project is dead? Seems to be a curse with everything that has an AVS label
Yathosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS