I've tried every Album Cover plugin I could find and they're all crap (sorry, but they are). They're either clutterd with junk buttons or unneeded features (who needs a damn Tag display? I wanted an album cover and that's all) or just don't work.
If I had the knowledge I'd create the right plugin, but I don't, so if anyone out there has the skills and the willing to create the first really good Album Cover plugin, here are my ideas. Also, i've attached a image example to this, so check it out.
The features needed are:
1. The window should be simple, just the image surrounded with borders. No buttons, no text, no playlist-like mini-controls. It should also be skin-able and dock perfectly with the other winamp windows.
2. The background color (black in the example image) should be configurable (using Hex input or a color picker) so it could match the skin theme (If it could use the playlist information of the selected skin, that could also work)
3. The image should resize according to the Cover Album window size, without distortion.
4. The plugin should seek for the following filenames: cover.jpg / folder.jpg (or *.gif) at the directory the current mp3 is at.
5. It should allow manual locating of an image per album / song, meaning it should create a record of associations for custom images.
6. Optional: support for ID3v2 embedded images
7. Optional: support for more than one cover/image
8. Optional: When a cover wasn't found at the default path/filename, retrieving album covers automatically from the web (Amazon, CDDB) and saving it to an offline cache folder or the album folder itself.
If anyone out there feels like creating this, or teaching me how to do so, please contact me at email@example.com
or ICQ 85303545 or AOL SnowCanWait19.
I'm posting this in several locations to increase the chance someone actually takes notice of this. I hope it doesn't piss off anyone.