***Attention: I've been trying for about a week now and can't get my site up... so i've come here... Whoever answeres this question to the extent that i can get this internet radio station working.. I'll make them a Free FLASH intro to there website custom made for ur site... www.JuNeDesigns.vze.com www.MindGame.vze.com
< similar to those there... Or a site layout, equipped with banners, graphics, and everything else (which u can find by clicking ENTER SITE on any of the links given above^***
alright basically.. i've done all of this:
Once you've installed Winamp and the DSP, you're ready to configure the plug-in.
* After the plug-in has been installed, launch Winamp.
* Enter the Winamp preferences menu by pressing Ctrl-P or using the pull-down menu.
* Click on the DSP/Effect section in the left pane of the preferences window.
* Select Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v1.8.2 [dsp_sc.dll] on the right.
* A window pops up labeled SHOUTcast source.
* Click Close on the Preferences window to close the Winamp Preferences window.
* Bring the SHOUTcast source window to the front by clicking on its titlebar.
* Click on the Input tab and ensure that the correct Input Device is selected (usually Winamp)
* Click on the Encoder tab, select Encoder 1 on the left, and select the bitrate options of
your liking (mono settings are above stereo settings in the list)
* Click on the Output tab, then select Output 1 on the left.
* Click on the Connection button to bring up the settings for the SHOUTcast DNAS you will be
connecting to. Enter the IP address under Address, Port number, broadcasting password set
on the server, and select 1 under the Encoder pulldown menu.
* Optionally, place a checkbox in Automatic Reconnection on Connection Failure if you want
the DSP to reconnect in the event of a Internet connection failure.
I've done all that already^ but i get lost on these steps
* Click on the Yellowpages button above to change the description information for this server.
* Enter a Description of the station you're broadcasting, a URL of a website with more information about your station, and the Genre(s) your server is broadcasting.
Alright... now would a GEOCITIES site work for that?^ as a server?
or wouldn't it?
And how do i get a link to my shoutcast station? Is it similar to images where i have to upload it to get it on the net?
And one more thing.. I have DSL but it's ETHERNET.. i don't have an actual ROUTER, it just connects to my wall, through something like a phone line, but it isn't a phone line... it connects to a LAN CARD 10/100 (i'm pretty sure, well the box that it came with says that)
alright that's about it
if you'd like leave your response in this thread
But i'd highly prefer you explain how to do all this through AIM
my aim screen name is: C Kret JuNe
if u have yahoo, or msn tell me ur handles, and i'll get at u on that...
alright thanks alot...
i really appreciate it