Does it have a DOS installation routine?
If so, you might find this
XP installation guide for another game useful.
Basically, the procedure consists of:
1) locating the install.exe on the game CD and right-clicking
2) checking all the boxes in the compatibility tab, except for "run this program in compatibility mode"
3) Setting all the memory usages under the memory tab to maximum.
4)Running install.exe to install the program.
5) Once installed, you'll need to undergo the same procedure for the game executable.
6) If this all works, you'll likely need VDMSound for sound to work right.
7) If you're really psychotic, you can do the windows install, change all the shortcuts and delete the windows install.
Also: I've no guarantee that this works. It is a procedure that has worked miraculously on many of my out of date games. In addition, most Windows/DOS games don't allow for the transferal of saved games, so that any saved data from a windows game probably won't work under this installation.