I have had it with all this AOL and MS bashing shit!!
DISCLAMER: I am not defending nor supporting either company. The following rant is only my opinion.
My bone-to-pick is this:
1) Every one picks on the big guy.
2) I am kinda glad that AOL bought winamp, Why? Because winamp has improved leaps and bounds since AOL came on board.
3) Does any one out there acctuall have a clue as to how hard it is to write 1 or 2 MILLION PLUS LINES OF CODE that create an OS. Not to mention, for every unique computer out there there is a unique configuration. it is not feasable, nor possible to predict who is going to use or it how it will be used.
4) MS and AOL are probably worth more than any 100 of us forumites put together, so who's laughing thier way to the bank?
5) Ya, I use Win XP Pro, and I have had a few problems, but so far I have to give MS a pat on the back, because despite the security issues ( which the only REAL way fix is via a hardware router/Firewall, and some software) XP is pretty stable. And eye candy.
6) Back to number 3. I can't stress enough how incredible it is that os like XP even work. But lets not forget all the hard work that went into it. I am a programming student (1st year) and I can already see how hard it could be to "keep-up" an OS.
7) MS is rich, wait Bill Gates is FUCKING RICH, the company is worth a bunch too. So don't be surprised when they make a mistake, they can afford to.
I am done for now, but I am sure I will think of something else.