Old 25th February 2004, 09:11   #1
hrdddrv

dest:shoutcastsource

Can anyone tell me what this means? I frequently see a destination in the log to "shoutcastsource" as the listener's player. It's a [dest:x.x.x.x] line, not a [source:...] line (IP's removed):

<02/24/04@19:39:00> [dest: a.b.c.x] starting stream (UID: 598)[L: 4]{A:shoutcastsource}(P: 2)
<02/24/04@19:39:16> [dest: a.b.c.x] connection closed (15 seconds) (UID: 598)[L: 3]{Bytes: 57344}(P: 2)

I don't see anywhere in my Shoutcast Source plugin to connect as a player. Searched the forums, came up emptyhanded. Thanks for any help.
hrdddrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2004, 09:56   #2
DJfire

Re: dest:shoutcastsource

Quote:
Originally posted by hrdddrv
Can anyone tell me what this means? I frequently see a destination in the log to "shoutcastsource" as the listener's player. It's a [dest:x.x.x.x] line, not a [source:...] line (IP's removed):

<02/24/04@19:39:00> [dest: a.b.c.x] starting stream (UID: 598)[L: 4]{A:shoutcastsource}(P: 2)
<02/24/04@19:39:16> [dest: a.b.c.x] connection closed (15 seconds) (UID: 598)[L: 3]{Bytes: 57344}(P: 2)

I don't see anywhere in my Shoutcast Source plugin to connect as a player. Searched the forums, came up emptyhanded. Thanks for any help.
It's a ripper!

Ban Them.
DJfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2004, 10:15   #3
deela

Does adding these "rippers" to the ban list stop them ?? i notice whenever i connect it try's to connect to his ip address. Ive banned his whole ip range but wondered if this is actually stopping them from doing what ever it is he is trying to do.

Also i have seen exploits for 1.9.2 will there be a patch coming soon to stop these lamers with too much time on thier hands from messing up things ?
deela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2004, 14:30   #4
hrdddrv

Ripper?

Ripper? Does that mean anything more sinister than just recording my stream?
hrdddrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2004, 18:05   #5
djmastermind
Forum King

No, it doesn't. Though, it's sinister enough for banning. It's illegal and not allowed around the forums.

-- Michael
djmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2004, 17:48   #6
deela

is the problem im having rippers or something more
sinister ? and these exploits avaiable that overflow the buffer allowing arbitory code to be executed something i should be worried about ? If so how can i get away from the problem and prevent further attacks on my server.

Thanks in advance for ur reply's.
deela is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support