Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 6th February 2008, 17:37   #41
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
works for me

will not work if you have quicktime 7.4 since there is a bug in the way it plays the m4p file but it will work on the 7.3.1 version of quicktime
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 04:03   #42
robdog2004
Major Dude

quicktime 7.4.1 corrects third party problem with playing the protected files in other players download from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
Old 5th March 2008, 00:23   #43
murph9935

Whenever I use it, sometimes when I'm playing an M4P file the audio cuts out and I need to restart Winamp to get any M4Ps to play. MP3s and otherwise are unaffected. I haven't tried reinstalling iTunes or QuickTime.

Can anyone help me?
murph9935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 02:18   #44
sergiomcfly

AMAZING !

Thanks a lot !
sergiomcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 14:28   #45
wangmauler

Send a message via ICQ to wangmauler Send a message via AIM to wangmauler Send a message via Yahoo to wangmauler
I was wondering, do I HAVE to have itunes installed to play m4a's? Noone has yet made a plugin or codec that you can play m4a's without having to have it installed?

Thats the reason why I have winamp, as to not use itunes or windows media player or any of the other crash-a-holic progs out there.

?
wangmauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 14:36   #46
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
M4A, no. Winamp supports MP4 audio with the default installation. I think iTunes is required to use this plugin.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 14:37   #47
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Wrong thread maybe?

Winamp plays all M4A files (HE-AAC/LC-AAC) without the need for any extra plugin or iTunes to be installed (though you do also need to install the ALAC Decoder from the Essentials Pack if the M4A files were encoded in Apple Lossless format).

Or did you actually mean M4P files, as in drm-protected crap that you buy from iTMS?
If yes, then alas, there's no other way to play those in Winamp other than by using the plugin from this thread (which requires QuickTime & iTunes to be installed).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 15:05   #48
wangmauler

Send a message via ICQ to wangmauler Send a message via AIM to wangmauler Send a message via Yahoo to wangmauler
I'm sorry, I meant M4P, not M4A haha. Yeah I can play M4A's fine. I just hate itunes and quicktime...
Old 5th June 2008, 15:43   #49
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

So why did you install it and buy into their drm-protected crap in the first place?
Old 5th June 2008, 16:30   #50
wangmauler

I didn't, and havn't yet. got some songs at a LAN that were in that format.
Old 22nd July 2008, 05:46   #51
shysilencer

Re: New version of M4P plugin (memory leak fixed)

Quote:
Originally posted by ThomasW
There was indeed a memory leak in the plugin. It's now fixed. I'd be glad if you could try out the new version and tell me if you encounter any problems.
If everything's ok, I'll update the plugin on the official Winamp plugin page tomorrow.

Unzip to the %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Plugins folder, and restart Winamp.

Thanks,

Thomas
I have encountered a problem with your plugin. First, Here are my specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz
3GB Ram
750 GB Hard Drive
Windows Vista Home Premium x32
Nvidia nForce 780i
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS

Now, The Problem! I went ahead and downloaded your new plugin, but when i double clicked on it. My computer crashed. I got the blue screen of death!!! Then it began dumping memory. So guessing there is still a memory leak. won't be using your plugin any time soon.
shysilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 16:14   #52
Simfee
Banned

Never use unofficial plug-ins, specially alt MP3, MP4/AAC plug-ins.
Simfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 16:34   #53
robdog2004
Major Dude

ok i used this plugin at first but then realized it was a whole lot easier burning the protected files from itunes as a audio cd and then transcoding them with the mp3 plugin in winamp(the built in version) and then re transcoding to the m4a (aac) so they would play correctly on my ipod
this plugin here works but not sure how well on vista machines since it worked fine on mine using win xp sp3
the only reason i dont use the plugin anymore is other than the files are no longer protected is that the fadein/out feature (on directsound) does not work

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 17th October 2008, 10:51   #54
Chapster5

Yeh, i installed this plugin, and it has stopped my WVS plugin from working, everytime i start winamp up it comes up that it cannot start VIS_Wamp.dll plugin and i cant get it to reinstall now, ???

anyone else got this problem??

cheers
Chapster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 15:49   #55
boardtc

Send a message via ICQ to boardtc Send a message via AIM to boardtc Send a message via Yahoo to boardtc
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Winamp supports M4A (MP4 Audio) playback, straight out of the box. That's assuming you didn't uncheck support for it in the installer options, and that in_mp4.dll is present in the winamp\plugins folder.
An album I bought on ITunes at home I want to play at work. They are .m4a files. When I try and add the directory in the into the media library it's not added. I reran the install but did not see any option to check/uncheck. in_mp4.dll us not in my plugins directory. Any advice appreciated.
boardtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 17:03   #56
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Nullsoft in_mp4.dll is installed when "MP4 Audio Support" is checkmarked under the "Multimedia Engine -> Audio Playback" section on the "Choose Components" page of the Installer Options.
Old 21st May 2009, 19:59   #57
boardtc

Send a message via ICQ to boardtc Send a message via AIM to boardtc Send a message via Yahoo to boardtc
Ah yes. You have to select custom install as well. Great, that worked. Might be worth considering making it default or at least giving those installing option their own page.
boardtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 03:11   #58
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

in_mp4 is definitely already checkmarked by default on clean installs.
It'll only be unchecked on upgrades if it was unchecked in the previous installation
(installer selections are stored in install.ini)
Old 12th October 2009, 02:51   #59
Canas

I know this thread is old, but can I still use this plugin with the newest version of Winamp?

When I try to use it, I get a "Cannot open 'in_tunes.dll'" error
Canas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 15:25   #60
RockyRacoon

Quote:
Originally posted by wangmauler
I was wondering, do I HAVE to have itunes installed to play m4a's? Noone has yet made a plugin or codec that you can play m4a's without having to have it installed?

Thats the reason why I have winamp, as to not use itunes or windows media player or any of the other crash-a-holic progs out there.

?
Can we get around this? I would really like to not have to deal with Apple's "This song is being used on too many systems" message.

I hate that, its my music, let me play it!
RockyRacoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion