Ok, so I did a clean install of 5.05, and I removed the DL settings from registry and installed 0.9.5.5b. All clean...
This means 'Autosave playlists' is enabled.
I added three roots:
*ss (a folder on my desktop with other folders in it)
*blahblah.m3u (a playlist created by DL on my desktop)
-test.m3u (a tree playlist created by making an empty file in testmap)
In both playlists I put mp3 files from both roots.
- Don't forget to remove the Beta warning at first startup when you're gonna release DL
- When I remove a file from a root playlist or add a file to a root playlist and then click 'Save playlist', the playlist is properly saved. Though when I use the feature 'Remove broken links' and then 'Save playlist', the playlist is NOT saved.
'Remove broken links' > add a song to playlist > 'Save playlist': the playlist IS saved.
'Select missing files' > remove those files from playlist: playlist IS saved.
So it looks as if there's a problem with 'Remove broken links'.
Everything above is also tested with closing Winamp/DL instead of 'Save playlist', which gives the same results.
The same as above.
Only difference: playlist will never be saved when closing Winamp/DL.
- I still have the same problem with the ID3-tags. When 'Search all' is selected, it won't search the ID3-tags. For me, there's no difference between 'Search all' and 'Search path & filename'. I wasn't able to find a preference possibly related...
- How does searching in (root AND tree) playlists work? I've got a feeling it always only searches the path as defined in the m3u file (whatever is selected... 'Search all/(path & )filename/id3'). So it won't search the full path and/or id3-tags, and it will display files with xxx in the filename even when xxx isn't in the id3-tags and 'Search ID3-tags' is selected...
- Cosmetical issues
[blahblah]Take a look at the screenshot. I don't know what I did exactly, I was messing with the colums. The # column would sometimes jump to second position when I try to resize it. So I repositioned it to the first place, and for some reason the title column was suddenly centered. The # column as well, but that went back to normal when I kept on messing
At the same time the column header of the title column became blank and the icons for the folders disappeared... [/blahblah]
Don't take this all too seriously: I was messing a lot... (after closing/reopening DL, everything was normal again).
Another cosmetical issue will be posted in a follow-up post.
If you need more info, or if I forgot something, let me know...