Old 24th June 2004, 19:33   #1
sevelin

How to Broadcast TV on a Web-site

I got the SHOUTcast server and i can make my TV channel to appear in the WAMP lists. What i want to know is how can i put this stream to a web-site and make it private so only ppl who know the web-site can acces it ?

can some1 pls help me ?
thx
sevelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 19:47   #2
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

read the config.

it tells you how to make it a non public server (meaning not listed on tah winamp)

also, just copy paste the Listen link from the server page (put the iport inside your webbrowser, holycrap a webpage) to your webpage.

Originally posted by yeshuawatso :
...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Inedible Bulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 20:01   #3
sevelin

So u mean i dont need this ?

<OBJECT CLASSID="C5E28B9D-0A68-4B50-94E9-E8F6B4697516" WIDTH=467 HEIGHT=350 BORDER=0 codebase="http://www.nullsoft.com/nsv/embed/nsvplayx_vp6_mp3.cab#Version=-1,-1,-1,-1" id="nsvplayx"><PARAM NAME="Location" VALUE="http://123.45.67.8:8000/">

Just put :
<embed src=" Link here" >

</OBJECT>
Old 24th June 2004, 20:19   #4
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

uh, that's if you want them to view INSIDE the website, but I thought you meant you wanted them to watch in winamp (like they can do now) and not just the website. If it's just the website, you need the first one.

...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Old 24th June 2004, 20:21   #5
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

http://www.scvi.net/activex.htm

For private streams set the icy-pub header to 0.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2004, 20:31   #6
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

Well, there's the line in the config.
http://wallachonline.com/multimedia/...t/sc_serv.conf

code:
; PublicServer can be always, never, or default (the default, heh)
; Any setting other than default will override the public status
; of the source plug-in or of a SHOUTcast server that is being relayed.
PublicServer=default

Old 25th June 2004, 01:51   #7
sevelin

do i hate to download the " .cab " files and put them in my site or i just copy the class id and the link like this :

<OBJECT CLASSID="C5E28B9D-0A68-4B50-94E9-E8F6B4697516" WIDTH=467 HEIGHT=350 BORDER=0 codebase="http://www.nullsoft.com/nsv/embed/nsvplayx_vp6_mp3.cab#Version=-1,-1,-1,-1" id="nsvplayx"><PARAM NAME="Location" VALUE="http://IP GOES HERE:8000/">

and one more thing
wich one do i have to use ? VP6 Vp3 or VP5 ??

thx
Old 25th June 2004, 02:23   #8
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

You don't need the cab on your website, it will download it from the Nullsoft site. That is the point of the codebase part of the OBJECT tag.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2004, 02:38   #9
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

If you have to ask which one to use, than that means you used the default...

That's VP3 btw.

Old 25th June 2004, 19:24   #10
sevelin

O_o ....
Old 25th June 2004, 19:41   #11
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Pitch the sig!!!
Quote:
Signature Size
- To keep the page loading time and visual annoyance factor down to a minimum, ensure your graphical signatures do not exceed a maximum of 12,500 pixels or 15 kilobytes file size, whichever is reached first. Alternatively, three lines of text can be used as a signature. Do not pad out your text lines with blanks lines. A line of text is defined such that it does not wrap when viewed at a resolution of 640x480.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2004, 22:40   #12
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:

Having a page with an ActiveX control viewer is cool, but let's not forget that some asswipes have made ActiveX (like everything else on the 'net) not very trustworthy. As such, MANY people don't like ActiveX controls and have their browser settings adjusted this way.

So if you're going to offer an ActiveX control viewer AND if you want to have ANY HOPE AT ALL of being able to PROMOTE YOUR STATION (Be it by way of a bunch of Webrings or what have you), you had BETTER have an ALTERNATE viewing solution.

I use an M3U text file which will activate the external Winamp player and load the stream that way. I use it for my webcam (when it's online) as well as my main broadcast. I *don't* make my video streams public very often or for very long because I want people who find my site via a Webring to be able to ACTUALLY WATCH my station (Even with the old TV shows, I can't do this if it's listed in the Winamp TV directory).

It's also for BANDWIDTH CONSERVATION purposes (Man, you guys sure know how to SUCK UP MY BANDWIDTH - j/k )

Feel free to save my M3U file to your desktop. Just be sure to edit it to match YOUR IP address and port no. You can find it by clicking here You can also put it in your Winamp Favorites folder if you wish too.

Incidentally, speaking of webrings, I've been thinking of starting a ring (most likely on Webring as that's the simplest) that's SPECIFICALLY AIMED at NSV-based TV stations. I'd be willing to bet there are now HUNDREDS of private streams out there run by people who *don't* post to the forums at all. Would be nice to link all of our sites together via a ring.

As strange as this sounds, I've recently added my TV station to a few SHOUTcast and Internet RADIO rings (even though my TV station is not radio at all). we need to correct this.

Well....There I go again. Rambling on and on....

Cheers for now

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Jeeper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2004, 23:26   #13
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

actually jeeper, i'd reccomend you use a pls, and have your MIME settings call it a audio/x-scpls so that users know it's for winamp. Often people have m3u open with windows media player, which is sad.

Read the thread.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....14#post1377214

Old 25th June 2004, 23:40   #14
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Sig or billboard?
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2004, 03:10   #15
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:
Quote:
Originally posted by Inedible Bulk
[B]actually jeeper, i'd reccomend you use a pls, and have your MIME settings call it a audio/x-scpls so that users know it's for winamp. Often people have m3u open with windows media player, which is sad.
If you were to take a look at either of my NSV pages, you will note that it CLEARLY says on both pages that Winamp is REQUIRED to receive the broadcasts. I fail to see how ANYONE can have a problem comphrehending that by attempting to open it with Windows Media Player.

That's kinda like taking a square peg and trying to stuff it into a round hole even though the instructions CLEARLY call for it to be stuffed into the square hole.

Given this, what is the point of renaming it as a .pls file?

Cheers for now

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Old 26th June 2004, 03:30   #16
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

nonono

when they click on it, and just choose "open", it opens with windows media player. However, if it were SCPLS, it doesn't, and they automatically get it in winamp.

You had me all wrong :P

Old 26th June 2004, 17:14   #17
sevelin

ppplll
i dont get ANYTHING at all wat u saying..
i am a 90%noob at this.. so when i post, please be more explicatif

I dont know wich one to put.
So if anyone is not bored with me and wants me to STFU, please explain by giving exemple of code or a file already made.
Thanks
just say if u want me to STFU
Old 26th June 2004, 17:57   #18
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

when streaming, you use a headers.txt file right?

or if you use nsvcap, there is the headers box.

edit the headers.txt/put in the box, this line

icy-pub: 0

That is the example code.

Old 27th June 2004, 03:32   #19
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:
Quote:
Originally posted by Inedible Bulk
[B]nonono

when they click on it, and just choose "open", it opens with windows media player. However, if it were SCPLS, it doesn't, and they automatically get it in winamp.
But if you have Winamp open M3U and PLS playlist file extensions BY DEFAULT, it should open Winamp automatically. Windows Media Player shouldn't open at all if things are configured correctly.

Cheers for now

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Old 8th July 2004, 06:42   #20
DJRaven

Send a message via ICQ to DJRaven Send a message via AIM to DJRaven Send a message via Yahoo to DJRaven
Help I need someboby

Hey Hey Well i got my working but can someone please tell me how to get the sound to work lol
DJRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2004, 07:59   #21
DJRaven

Send a message via ICQ to DJRaven Send a message via AIM to DJRaven Send a message via Yahoo to DJRaven
I am getting annyed
DJRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2004, 21:40   #22
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

what fucking sound?

You're asking us a question without giving us any info. And, you're pretending like this is your thread. Stop HiJacking other peoples threads.

Make your own and give more info. Problems encoding the videos, or just playing them, or when played on a website, i have no clue which.

Old 8th July 2004, 23:22   #23
sankt

Re: Help I need someboby

Quote:
Originally posted by DJRaven
Hey Hey Well i got my working but can someone please tell me how to get the sound to work lol
Before you try ActiveX you need to make sure your video and audio work through winamp. This will eliminate a lot of second guessing.
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast TV / Nullsoft Video