Old 4th December 2004, 05:29   #1
chris712890

Send a message via AIM to chris712890 Send a message via Yahoo to chris712890
Help! Trying to set up my own Tv Station

I'm new to this stuff, and I really don't have time to study most of it. If anyone here knows how to set up a Video Broadcast, please help me out so I can get mine set up asap. It's URGENT!
chris712890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2004, 05:38   #2
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

its urgent you read the stickies you pretentious jerk

Originally posted by yeshuawatso :
...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Inedible Bulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2004, 05:56   #3
chris712890

Quote:
Originally posted by Inedible Bulk
its urgent you read the stickies you pretentious jerk
Oh my, is it that time of the month?
Old 4th December 2004, 06:10   #4
Germ
rules all things

He's kinda got a point, why should we help you when you're not even willing to try doing it yourself? You don't have time? Yet you have time to sit here and wait for others to do the work for you? Read the stickies and FAQ on shoutcast.com and then promptly get a job
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2004, 12:31   #5
sankt

Introduction to NSV : http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=171760

www.scvi.net - NSV Information and resource website.

nsv.no-ip.com - NSV Information and resource website.
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2004, 16:39   #6
chris712890

re:

I need someone to walk me through it though, when I get to the hard parts. I tried setting up one last time, and I got stuck and couldnt figure out what the instructions were saying cause they were crappy.
Old 4th December 2004, 19:16   #7
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

WHERE did you get stuck, then we could help you, again, jerk.

we shouldn't start you off from square one if you got stuck at square four.

...get Nullsoft to [accept] new moderators? ... election? ... If Inedible Bulk is the candidate, then I give my vote.
Old 4th December 2004, 19:56   #8
chris712890

Re: re:

Quote:
Originally posted by chris712890
I need someone to walk me through it though, when I get to the hard parts. I tried setting up one last time, and I got stuck and couldnt figure out what the instructions were saying cause they were crappy.
Wow, you sure do talk alot of ****. Only cause your on the internet though. Bet you couldnt say that to my face.
Old 4th December 2004, 20:11   #9
Inedible Bulk
Forum King

Re: Re: re:

Quote:
Originally posted by chris712890
Wow, you sure do talk alot of ****. Only cause your on the internet though. Bet you couldnt say that to my face.
not only would i say it to your face, but i would spit while doing so. suffering succotash.

Old 5th December 2004, 00:00   #10
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:

ALRIGHT....ALRIGHT.

First things first - BULK - Why don't you try helping someone WITHOUT calling them names? If all you're going to do is call people names simply because they don't read the stickies (more on that in a moment), then WHY bother replying at all?

Secondly - CHRIS - Germ does have a point. The stickies which Sankt refers to in his post give you EVERYTHING you need to know about how to set up a TV station using NSV.

Additionally, you say that it's "urgent". Define that. What could POSSIBLY be "urgent" enough to require NSV to set up a TV station? If this is FOR YOUR JOB, then NSV *is not* the way you want to go. You want the *cough* "more proven & traditional" methods of streaming media. This is because NSV is still considered VERY MUCH Beta software. This means that UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, you really shouldn't be using NSV except for offline experimentation (some people on here even scoff at that).

That said though, if this is just for yourself, where is it you are stuck at? Please be as specific as you can so that we can try to help pinpoint your problem and help you better.

In any case....I'm no moderator here BUT I believe we can satisfy another customer WITHOUT the CHILDISH & IMMATURE namecalling.

Just my opinion

Cheers for now & HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Jeeper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2004, 08:52   #11
ravetrax
Major Dude

Location: Clearwater, FL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ My name is Rava www.ravetrax.com
Send a message via ICQ to ravetrax Send a message via AIM to ravetrax Send a message via Yahoo to ravetrax
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeeper One
In any case....I'm no moderator here BUT I believe we can satisfy another customer WITHOUT the CHILDISH & IMMATURE namecalling.
i so agree!

Echo34 - A music related irc network for the socially challenged. [ website | chat now ]

Stream Solutions - The next level of Shoutcast server hosting! [ website | forums ]

RaveTrax - Its not a state of mind, Its a way of life. [ website | forums | chatroom ]
» Gen2 A/V Streams - NSV Video [vp6.2 & 64k aacPlus v2] - 64k aacPlus v2 - 24k aacPlus v2
» AMPX Player - Web based player that plays ALL streams! [Audio & Audio/Video]
» Other Streams - 160k MP3 - 64k MP3 - 24k MP3
ravetrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2004, 09:32   #12
rockouthippie
Banned

Probably the way to start it to get shoutcast running. The easiest way to test and see if you have it running right is to use the Winamp plug-in and stream some audio through it. Make sure you have set the public flag to zero, so you don't list in the YP directory....yet.

You need to encode some video with NSVenc or the batch encoder encoder utility. All video has to have exactly the same format as far as bitrates etc.

Then you need a shouter, there are some GUI applications for Windows or use Jay's sc_nsv with linux. These all work, but you're gonna have to read the docs.

Set the shouter to have the same parameters you used to make Winamp shout audio, and you should be in business.

Kevin
http://webranger.net
WebRanger TV
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast TV / Nullsoft Video