Old 29th August 2005, 21:13   #81
DrO

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....68#post1759368 (to make up for my earlier cock-up with the 0.5.1.2 release)

-daz
Old 30th August 2005, 13:31   #82
fisher819

Send a message via Yahoo to fisher819
10x drO for this great plugin.
but if i add a zip file, winamp doesn't consider it as an archive unless i double click on it to display the files in it.

help us count :Click here
Old 30th August 2005, 21:39   #83
DrO

that's the way the plugin is designed to work at the moment but there should be an auto-expand implemented at some stage (just need to sort out a few issues with the way Winamp works to allow this)

-daz
Old 1st September 2005, 13:06   #84
fisher819

feature request: is it possible for the plugin to scan zip files before adding them , and if they don't contain songs , they are not added.

Old 1st September 2005, 16:34   #85
DrO

that bugs me as well and is something i'd have to look into

-daz
Old 5th September 2005, 18:49   #86
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Speaking of bugs: In_zip (0.5.1.0 and 0.5.2.0) prevents Winamp from rewriting studio.xnf on exit (tested with a clean reinstall, win xp home).

(Haven't yet taken another look at whether id3v2 causes problems or not.)
Old 5th September 2005, 18:52   #87
DrO

added to the list (along with trying to re-work things around the issue Egg has reported with it blocking urls, etc)

[edit]just confirmed on my 5.1 clean install as well [/edit]

-daz
Old 5th September 2005, 23:52   #88
DrO

in_zip v0.5.2.5 alpha
  • Fixed a major issue which would prevent stream urls and potentially other file formats from playing
  • Removed an unwanted message to Winamp which was potentially stopping playback restore on start-up for any file format (this may or may not have affected people)
  • Reworked the plugin's exit code to hopefully not make Winamp crash on exit especially with Modern skins
get v0.5.2.5

Hopefully all of the fixes will work as expected since i can't reproduce them anymore (and neither can Egg with the first fix - a big thanks for putting up with all of my test builds to fix it ).

-daz
Old 7th September 2005, 00:30   #89
DrO

in_zip v0.5.3.0 alpha
  • Fixed a nasty crash issue on load experienced on certain configurations
  • Fixed the retrieval of the currently playing archive entry (broke it fixing the first issue in v0.5.2.5)
get v0.5.3.0

Anyone tried the previous version as well to see if the crash / bugs are fixed since i want to start pushing some new features in instead of bug fixing And i may even get playback restore to work with archived entries as well soon since at least the playback doesn't mess up when i disable the on end forced stop for archive entries (this is still enabled for the time being).

-daz
Old 7th September 2005, 10:29   #90
fisher819

i will try both versions tonight, because i've been a little busy these couple of days, so i'll report anything ,maybe tomorrow morning.

Old 7th September 2005, 17:38   #91
fisher819

Quote:
Fixed the retrieval of the currently playing archive entry (broke it fixing the first issue in v0.5.2.5)
this feature is working correctly now, but i was wondering if it was possible to directly open the archive when it's added and loading the tracks immediately instead of the way it is now (a track is read only when read although the options in the prefernces says to load the track when it is viewed.)

As for the crashes i did't get any while using both versions. (0.5.2.5 and 0.5.3.0)

Old 7th September 2005, 18:07   #92
DrO

with the display to appear before it is played i would have to extract the file first inorder to allow the relevant input plugin to read and get the information from it (as it is currently only doing when the file is played). i need to have a look at how other media players with archive support deal with the titles to see if there's any way to allow it (since it bugs me as well not having a properly displayed playlist).

the person who was having the crash issue with the last two builds has confirmed the issue is fixed with the newest one so that's 4 confirmations now (can't forget Egg and i )

hopefully anything in the next release(s) will include some new features (since i need to look into a few suggestions made about things since if i can without impacting on performance then i want to make the plugin become better integrated so it does act like all other formats such as the title reading on addition )

-daz
Old 8th September 2005, 16:18   #93
Mouser X

An interesting thing I've noticed recently. There's an input plugin that exists that allows you to play Nintendo 64 audio files in Winamp. It is currently going through a massive update. However, the new plugin (64th Note 1.0 beta 3, found at http://www.halleyscometsoftware.com/usf/64thv100b3.zip ) doesn't work when I have in_zip alpha (any version so far) installed. But, when I use in_zip beta (from last Dec.) it works fine. I realize that 64th Note is a 3rd party plugin, and that it's in the beta stages, but since beta in_zip works fine, I was wondering if you had any ideas as to what the conflict may be. Is it 64th Note, or is it in_zip? Do you have any suggestions for the author of 64th Note? I bring this up now because you said you were looking into adding additional features, because it looked like most of the bugs were out. This looks like a bug to me, but it might not be a bug with your plugin. I'm just curious to know what can be done about it, either on your end, or on 64th Note's end.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your plugins. I use them quite often, actually. Good luck with your current endevours, and I hope to see more soon (though I completely understand you have a busy schedule). Mouser X over and out
Old 10th September 2005, 20:03   #94
DrO

in_zip v0.5.3.1 alpha
  • Fixed internal enum of supported filetypes which prevented some formats from working correctly with in_zip installed
get v0.5.3.1

That was an oversight on my part of the input plugin format which for some reason i'd forgotten about with the initial recode of the in_* pass through handling. so in_usf and a few other plugins should work properly again (maybe )

[edit]
From some other testing, it looks like this usf format will be a good potential test case for extraction rules when i get around to doing them (along with cdg+mp3)

-daz
Old 11th September 2005, 17:20   #95
Genre9mp3

I want to say that this Plug-In totaly rules!!! I don't actually keep .zip or .rar files with music on my disc but there are many such files out there (usually full albums packed in a single file) so this is definitely a very usefull feature for winamp.

Anyway I have two bug reports when used with other Plug-Ins:

1.With Christian Volmer's Gapless audio output v0.7.2 (out_nogap.dll)

There's no problem at all when it is just installed but when it is the default Output plug-In (highlighted in Preferences > Plug-ins > Output) when you try to play a .zip or .rar file everything seems ok until you press the "Stop" button. The music doesn't stop and then all the playback control buttons become useless, nothing works! (The only thing you can do is to change track by double-clicking in the Playlist, but still you can't stop the music) Of course this problem doesn't exist with DirectSound.

2.With Tara 1.0.3b (in_tara.dll)

I just can't play any Real Media files when In zip is installed. (If I uninstall In zip then Tara works fine)

That's all...Keep up the good work!
Old 11th September 2005, 21:04   #96
Mouser X

Thank you very very much for the bugfix! It works great! Also, I am very glad to hear that in_usf could prove usefull in the future for testing purposes. There's actually about 5 or so differing plugins that use a similar loading routine. In case you're interested, those would be PSF (Playstation Sound Format), GSF (Gameboy Advance Sound Format), QSF (Q-Sound Format, from Capcom arcade games), and DSF (Dreamcast Sound Format). I realize that so long as the loading routine for in_usf is handled correctly, that all of these other plugins should work fine. The reason I bring them up is because in_usf requires the presence of *.usflib files to run, whereas PSF requires *.psflib files, and ect. for the rest of said formats.

Also, as I said, in_usf is currently going through a massive update, and there's a newer beta out. The link is http://www.halleyscometsoftware.com/usf/64thv100b4.zip in case you're interested. If you want to use in_usf for testing, beta 4 is far more stable than beta 3 was. That's just for future info. Thanks again!

Another question I have is, there's an input plugin that I have that can compress the files it plays. However, though there's many pugins that play this format, none of them support this compression. I noticed that Foobar2K can play these compressed files without a hitch. What I was wondering is if in_zip would be able to recognize the audio files as compressed files (I believe they use a form of either 7-zip, or gZIP, or something like that), decompress them, and then send them to the correct plugin.

For it to do that, would probably require that the audio files be renamed to *.7z (or whatever format they're in). Is that correct, or could it be done without renameing the files? I doubt it could be done without renameing the files, because that would mean that Winamp would almost certainly not load them through in_zip, which is what would need to be done for the files to be decompressed properly (if it can get support into in_zip, of course).

If you'd like, (though, again, I realize your schedule is quite busy), I can send you some compressed, and decompressed, files, along with the plugin that plays them. The reason I want support for this into in_zip is because the input plugin that plays these files provides about 90-98% compression ratio to these files (I've seen a 6mb file compress to 100k). However, the plugin that plays them is potentially buggy, and doesn't provide accurate playback. As such, if in_zip could load the compressed files, and send the decompressed files to the right plugin, I could keep the compression ratio, and use a different input plugin to play these files.

Yes, this is a request. However, as the setup I have right now works, I don't require major attention on this issue (in fact, you can probably ignore it for now. I should wait until you actaully start adding additional features, such as more compression formats). I'm just curious as to whether or not it can be done (and if it can, will I need to rename the files, or not). Thanks in advance for your thought and consideration on this idea. Especially thank you for fixing in_zip so that in_usf can now play properly with it installed. Good luck, and keep up the great work! Mouser X over and out.
Old 12th September 2005, 05:07   #97
Mouser X

Sorry about the double post. I just wanted to point out that beta 5 of in_usf is out (I would have edited my previous message, but it's passed the 180 min. limit). It fixes some very minor issues (song fading, mainly). Just thought you might like to know, in case you're interested in getting the updated version. Thank you SO MUCH again. Mouser X over and out.
Old 13th September 2005, 12:58   #98
DrO

if you could send those files then that would be useful so i can have a look at what is going on, etc with things. i have already contemplated gzip support seeing as fb2k does it and the aim is to at least mirror the file support it provides since that seems to be a good range (although i wonder about some of their decisions i think the archive reader is pretty well done).

as for in_usf i've not managed to get these newer betas to run on my install (keeps popping up an error message about unable to allocate memory or something - not able to test it here at work) and i installed the newer dll over the last installer based setup (which did work )

as for the in_usf fix it needed to be done and it was a good thing you noticed/reported it since hopefully it will fix up issues with a few other input plugins since the bug was really dumb

-daz
Old 17th September 2005, 05:27   #99
mysongchillin

no version works

i have tried every version you have of in_zip and none of them work.
I use Win XP pro, and i have tried in_zip with Winamp version 5.08e and also 2.80.

I use karaoke cdg files all the time in these version of winamp with no problem, and the cdg graphics work.

I also do have sax and dotty's karaoke hoster which opens the zip files in winamp but thru their front loader program prior to winamp.

When i drop a zip file ( which has a matching cdg file and mp3 file named the same other than the extention ) into winamp with your in_zip plug in ,...the only thing that plays is the mp3 file

when i play the zip ,...anther file opens under it being the mp3

How did everyone else get this to work for them
Old 17th September 2005, 05:37   #100
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
From some other testing, it looks like this usf format will be a good potential test case for extraction rules when i get around to doing them (along with cdg+mp3)
-daz
I dont think cdg is implemented... this plugin is still a WIP.
Old 17th September 2005, 05:43   #101
mysongchillin

cdg

so *.cdg is not yet implemented into the plugin, what karaoke zip files are people using then for this to work for them
Old 17th September 2005, 09:53   #102
DrO

the first public release (0.5.0 alpha) should be able to auto-extract the cdg when found. the current builds do not do it since i'm still in the process of fixing a number of the api overrides which will 'fool' other plugins into knowing where these temporarily extracted files are during playback instead of the actual playlist entry.

i've just tried the build of the plugin as of 0.5.3.1 and with forced cdg extraction so gen_cdg can use it, gen_cdg is not being passed the correct file location. i'll see if i can get this fixed in the next few days (along with a mini rules editor to handle other formats which require other files to be extracted at the same time)

-daz
Old 17th September 2005, 13:45   #103
DrO

in_zip v0.5.3.4 alpha
  • Fixed IPC_GETPLAYLISTFILE hooking to correctly return the extracted filepath of the currently playing archive file
  • Re-enabled the v0.5.0 alpha cdg auto-extraction feature (related to the above fix)
  • Updated internal handling on init to work properly with future Winamp api changes with original api fallback in place
  • Fixed the root archive entry file information dialog to follow the 'Show only supported files' option when it is first opened
get v0.5.3.4

And that's all of v0.5.0's features recreated at last i believe

The auto cdg extraction is a hard coded feature but will become configurable soon (though if there is no cdg file in the archive then it won't affect extraction of any other files). Anyway this should deal with mysongchillin's 'issue' now

-daz
Old 18th September 2005, 08:07   #104
mysongchillin

YEAH BUDDY

ohh heck ya
that did it my friend

that opens the cdg files inside the zip WITH WINAMP 5.08E,....great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you seem like a great programer,...and you speak lingo i get lost with,......but you understand what i am asking

IF you choose to help further i have a few more ideas. Considering what karaoke people use and do ,....( as myself) and i think you are the person to do it.

heck i'll pass you a donation, if I could be your beta tester, if you add on some items that i need myself ..and many other KJ's

but i do not want to push it,...YOU DID GREAT

Last edited by mysongchillin; 18th September 2005 at 08:33.
Old 18th September 2005, 10:34   #105
DrO

heh, the plugin initially started out for karaoke use (for toqeR) but along with the code loss and other requests i've decided to push it more for general usage but depending on what the request(s) are then i'll look into them if they can be done / keep with where i want the plugin to go so shoot

-daz
Old 18th September 2005, 20:23   #106
mysongchillin

plug in

ok here are a few things.

i have to manually start each zip file in the list, is there a way for it to just go down the list and play.

I use song requester plug in for my partner to use. We use two computers at gigs, as people turn in their requests my partner on another pc requests up the songs from another pc to my winamp on another pc ( which has all my karaoke in the playlist. But it only works with extracted mp3 / cdg . I tried it with your in_zip but it would just play anything. ( if u need me to send you the song requester plug in let me know, so you can see how we do this.

Can you some how add a next performer input to display the next singers name.

And ad a pitch control, some singers want a pitch change.

What would be great is if you could add all that onto song requester, and when you click a song to request -----then a window would pop up asking what is the singers name,....and if you want a pitch change to the song.,,,,then once you select all fields then click request song or such then the song will be added with all that info. The pitch controls ---maybe have it on the window when the song is chosen,...and have a master on my winamp end,..cause alot of people forget they need it pitch changed.

It would be great for your in_zip to work with song requester. And a time saver for kj's

Some ideas.
Old 18th September 2005, 20:59   #107
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
@mysongchillin, have you checked out ml_www autokdj discussion at the 7bamboo.com forums or here

it may have more of the things that suit your needs.

[edit]latest beta in the discussion thread.

Last edited by billyvnilly; 18th September 2005 at 21:33.
Old 18th September 2005, 21:30   #108
mysongchillin

autokdj

autokjd ...does not do what it states at all,...even when i add songs in a list ,...and do a search from the " web page" it says 0 found.

So far that program is doing nothing ,...
Old 18th September 2005, 21:53   #109
Mouser X

How does in_zip detect wether or not the archive contains valid Winamp files? So far, every archive I've put into Winamp (all of them being RARs) has said that there weren't any supported files inside the archives. The filetypes contained in these archives were *.nsfe (found at http://slick.panicus.org ), *.SPC (found at http://www.snesmusic.org (which actually supports reading SPCs from RSN files (RARed SPC), but I wanted to see how in_zip did it)), *.GYM (I believe the plugin is at zophar.net, but I'm not sure where. I tried to send you a copy of this plugin (and some sample files) via email. Hopefully, the attachment wasn't to big), and *.PSF (also found at zophar.net). I didn't try to load any USFs, because I realize that in_zip doesn't currently support multi-part files. Although PSF can sometimes be a multi-part file (with the ext. of *.minipsf), they also have plain *.PSFs sometimes (though USFs won't because of the way the format is created. Unless the game it comes from only has 1 song in it).

For clarification, every archive I tried to load contained only 1 kind of format (though usually multiples of that format). I'm using Winamp 5.093, and in_zip 0.5.3.4 with WinXP Pro on a Athalon 64bit 2ghz CPU with 512mb RAM. Anything else you need to know? Last time I used the original 0.5 (before the code loss), most, if not all, of the above mentioned filetypes would work. It's probably something small, but I'd just like to know why those files wouldn't load.

Also, when I push ALT+3 on the archived file, it shows the files contained in the archive, so I know that it can at least see the archive correctly, it's just not recognizing those files as valid Winamp files, for some odd reason. Thanks in advance for your consideration. Geez, I'm beggining to think I'm pushing you to hard for this plugin (which, I sort of am, but I am trying to be patient. The feature I REALLY want is support for multi-part files...). Feel free to ignore me for awhile, as I'm sure you're quite busy with other projects (especially JTFE, as you're still trying to finalize 0.97. Good luck with that, by the way. It's been great using it!). Again, thanks for your great work! Mouser X over and out.
Old 19th September 2005, 12:21   #110
DrO

mysongchillin: if you can send it then that would be useful since i'm not following some of the things you mentioned there was plans a while back to allow the auto-setting of the playlist entry based on a user input value (which shouldn't be too hard to adapt the current code to be able to do this).

Quote:
i have to manually start each zip file in the list, is there a way for it to just go down the list and play.
not sure entirely what you mean, do you want it to add the zip contents as soon as the root is added? if that's so then it is on my todo list

with the pitch control, that's not something this plugin really would have any control over (unless some dsp out there which has an api available for this could be used)

Mouser: it will loop through the file table of the archive and compare the file against the supported extension list (which is provided by a Winamp api so using 5.093 shouldn't be giving any issues).

When you're using the alt+3 dialog, is that with the show supported option enabled since that feature uses the same code for calculating the number of valid entries as displayed in the playlist entry for the root of the archive. If that's not working then i'm going to have to wait until i get home to double check that the code is parsing the entries correctly. Does the error happen with the example rar you sent me (which i got fine) since that was displaying 31 valid entries from what i remember.

Don't worry about me working on this one since i've sort of put jtfe to the side for the moment whilst i get some of the older projects moving again plus this one is a bit different from normal so i quite enjoy working on it

And as a note about the multi-file extraction, i finally got the newer in_usf to work on my install. I found it was conflicting with in_tv (link) but only on my main dev install (even when i removed all other plugins) but on a clean install it was fine so i've removed in_tv now and i can test things more easily (the recent change in in_usf to make it cope with seeking backwards makes my general tests with the plugin easier to do )

-daz
Old 19th September 2005, 12:59   #111
DrO

Mouser: just spent the last 10 minutes looking for some info about the gym files and their internal format and as long as i can verify the compression used (which appears to be zlib from the header spec i found in the plugin's source code at zophar.net) it may be possible to implement the extra level of uncompression with those files (since the latest zlib is a fair bit faster than what is likely to be linked into in_gym).

i'll have to look into this in a week or so when other projects ease up time constraints

-daz
Old 19th September 2005, 17:25   #112
Mouser X

Well, after reloading my Winamp plugins, I have been able to find out that the culprit here was a plugin called "in_adlib." With it installed, in_zip won't work. I have no idea why, or what in_adlib does that would cause in_zip to stop working.

On another note, I noticed that it can take quite some time for the next song in the list to play. I realize that depends on the file in question. I was wondering if there was some "timeout" feature, because sometimes, the next song wouldn't play at all, unless I specificaly double clicked it. Usually, if the files inside the archive were small, it would work fine. However, I loaded up the pre-in_ym-compressed "#6 ODYSSEY.rar" GYM set, and it didn't go onto the next song very well, if at all. If I loaded the in_ym-compressed stuff (inside a RAR) though, it would work pretty good. Just something I thought I'd point out. Probably nothing major, since some of those GYM files can be quite large, sometimes.

Thanks for the great plugin. So far, it looks pretty good. Though I do wonder why in_adlib (from http://adplug.sourceforge.net/ ) would cause in_zip to stop working. Also, I can be patient when I choose to be, so don't worry about this until you see fit. As for in_usf, it's at 1.0 beta 10, in case you're interested. However, chances are pretty good that it's going to see an official release soon, so you might want to wait for that. On the other hand, as far as I can tell (though I'm not the coder), beta 10 and the final release will quite likely be very similar. Just a thought, so you're aware.

Thanks again for you hard work, and yor great plugins. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this to get everything set up to agree with each other. Good luck. Mouser X over and out
Old 19th September 2005, 17:48   #113
DrO

just confirmed that there is some sort of issue with that plugin being installed as you found though it only seems to affect rar files at the moment which is strange (yup zip and 7z files seem to be fine so far here).

as for in_usf, i posted something about the in_tv issue i get on my main install in the forum thread over there (and as i also mention it seems like a decent plugin )

with the slow time to play the next file, it depends on how the archive has been created since rar and 7z ones allow for a solid compression which means for the files stored towards the end it will take longer to get them out since the rest of the archive needs to be temporarily decompressed. however winamp should be playing despite this time out since in_zip prevents the relevant in_* plugin from being called to start playing until it has extracted the file(s) as needed. but i do agree, there are some little quirks with the playback methods of in_zip at the moment that i need to iron out but at least seemless integration with winamp seems to be be getting better with most versions

as for the gym files, i looked into things a bit more (just before you posted) and it seems zlib or bzip2 compression is used (which is what the nsis installer used to support until 7z support was added) and the bzip2 variants tended to be smaller in final size i think. the aim is to look at adding in gzip support so i can't see any issue in adding bzip2 support when i get around to it and then i guess i could look at seeing how easily i can make this custom processing for gym files

-daz
Old 19th September 2005, 23:08   #114
DrO

in_zip v0.5.3.6 alpha
  • Fixed the internal enumeration of supported filetypes to fix an issue brought up by the in_adlib.dll plugin (which itself does some strange things!)
  • Few small bits of code clean-up
  • Improved the play action on the archive roots to (hopefully) start playing the first extracted zip:// entry after it or any valid entry in the current playlist
  • Updates to the installer so it will only install unrar.dll if it is not already present (need to give the installer more <3 still)
get v0.5.3.6

This should fix Mouser X's issue. I've also been looking into the issue of the zip:// entries not being advanced to for certain file formats and it only happens when doing a next/previous action (straight playback seems to be fine when one entry plays into the next one) so i'll be trying to look into this soon.

-daz
Old 20th September 2005, 00:00   #115
mysongchillin

send requestor

I sent you by e-mail the song requester.

once u see it and how it works,...maybe i can explain better my ideas.

Thank u very much for always responding to us all in here,...it really makes us "ALL" feel good, and that you do care and want this to work for many of our needs.

Ps you think i should install 0.5.3.6,,,,,,,,,,,or keep the one that works for me so far,..
Old 20th September 2005, 00:05   #116
DrO

Thanks for sending that, it'll give me a better idea of what i can / can't add to in_zip, etc.

I would recommend installing the newest version since if issues do happen then it's easier to know that i'm bug fixing against the current code plus if there are issues then it's better to find them out sooner rather than later. Plus if there is an issue with the newer version you can always go back since i don't tend to remove any of the older builds from my site

Also you said 'i have to manually start each zip file in the list, is there a way for it to just go down the list and play.' i think i fixed that in the newest version for it to correctly start playing the extracted zips when the root archive entry is played (the << name (Contains x valid files) >> entry) and what's contained is added into the playlist.

-daz
Old 20th September 2005, 00:07   #117
mysongchillin

cool

cool,...thnx,....going to DL your new ver now
Old 20th September 2005, 02:20   #118
mysongchillin

0.5.3.6 dont work with the zip files,.....( cdg , mp3 )
so i went back to 0.5.3.4

Just for info.
Old 20th September 2005, 08:11   #119
DrO

that's a bit worrying since none of the cdg extraction code was altered, hmm.. wonder what i broke then (good thing i do keep old versions up)

-daz
Old 20th September 2005, 18:26   #120
DrO

i've been running my install with 0.5.3.6 and all of my test mp3+cdg zips are working fine here so i'm not sure what could be going on that's preventing it from working for you

-daz
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion