I dont know if these are duplicate ideas or if some of them even already exist, but here goes:
1) ability to add a "live" directory
2) ability to rename and delete the acual file from the playlist editor
3) Control-S to save the playlist WITHOUT asking for confirmation. "Are you sure you want to overwrite this file?" YES!! OF COURSE I DO!!! GodDAMN it!
4) multiple columns in the playlist. some of my playlists are HUGE and for a party i'd love to just have a HUGE winamp playlist w/ all the files staggered like explorer in list view.
5) better playlist management, such as the ability to load playlists easily, like from a pulldown menu or a tree like in realjukebox that sorts by artist and/or album. (and winamp's will be configurable UNLIKE realjukebox's; eg: i dont want "fatboy slim" and "fat boy slim" in different categories, but w/ rj, oh well). you know what'd be nice? a folders view like in realjukebox that comes up like windows explorer and shows and hides itself w/ the click of a button that shows all playlists, albums and artists and you can drag and drop and cut and paste and delete and rename. that'd kick ass.
6) right-click > "repeat one" (even my new 100 disc CD changer doesnt have repeat one! what's up w/ that? what a great option that is!)
7) simpler explorer-like (click and click again or something like that) title editing
8) multiple playlists open at one time?
9) ablilty to set track number in ID tag and sort by track number in playlist. (i want my moby in CD order!)
and one non-playlist question: is there a way to UNInstall visualization plugins? if so, what is it? if not, there should be one. i've had some of them screw up winamp so that it cant close w/o a win98 "program has performed an illegal operation" error.
i love winamp and i love that this forum exists! you guys rock! i cant wait for winamp 3! with enough good advice from fans and with you guys quite obviously listening, this program is gonna rule even more than it already does!!