Here is our query:
We can listen to the songs from another computer on the same network by doing http://192.168.1.3:8000
but not able to connect from outside the network. We did a search with genre on shoutcast for "indiantownfm" and shows in the list and are able to listen with clicking Tune in still under the same network.
Test machine Present:
1. OS: Win XP Home
2. Router: Linksys, port: 192.168.1.3:8000
3. Winamp 5.09
4. Plugin under c:/programfiles/shoutcast/
Dedicated server future:
1. OS: Unix
2. Control Panel: Plesk 7.5
1. Downloaded the windows server software with plug-in
2. Created the Shoutcast folder under c:/programfiles/
3. Configuration file: Relay server :192.168.1.3
Should the IP address be 192.168.1.3 or the static IP address provided by my cable company to be able to listen from outside the network.
4. Under shoutcast plug-in, url: http://192.168.1.3:8080
Is this correct? or it should be http://static
IP address(cable company):8080
1. We have rented a dediated server with Unix
2. Created livefm folder under cgi-bin to upload the files secure_serv and secure_serv.config
Should we create the folder under cgi-bin or under /html or put the files under root?
2. Once the current setup from test machine is up and running, should we just copy the files from c:/ folder to the folders under Answer (2)
3. We would change the relay server under configuartion file to , relay server = 188.8.131.52
4. What should be the url under output?
Should it be http://184.108.40.206/cgi-bin/livefm:8080
or just http://220.127.116.11:8080
If our thinking is totally wrong then please correct us in the steps above or please link us to the solution.