Originally posted by carlosp
You have set DA="1" and for that reason you can only see it when DA is on.
<layout id="normal" desktopalpha="1" w="500" h="500">
<group id="eq.normal.group.display" x="0" y="0" />
<group id="eq.normal.group.control" x="0" y="0" />
<group id="eq.normal.group.eq.bands" x="10" y="35"/>
<group id="eq.normal.group.eq.controls" x="0" y="0" />
It had to be as simple as that. I investigated the "reason" I had desktopalpha set, and the cause was the tutorial I borrowed the eq from. When I am learning something new, I try to copy it directly over so that I can make sure that it is working properly (or atleast how it was in the tutorial), and then modify it for my purposes. Somehow I must have turned off desktopalpha on my winamp (or had deleted studio.xnf which will turn off DA). Since DA is only necessary to smooth out rounded objects, that should not be necessary in my case.
Ps. The width from songticker is too big, check that Add o border the the skin, the right part looks not good with out a border.
Which width is too big ? if it's the one I'm thinking about, that is intentional. If it's the "Song.Title" one, the reason for that is 1) I don't want the song title to scroll, 2) Some Song titles are longer than the alotted length of 148 pixels, 3) I didn't want the Song Title's blue background to go further than where it is. In most cases it will be a non-issue because only the longest song titles will go past. I did cap it off at 170 though. For the one band I play, there is only one song (from 4 cds) that have a songtitle longer than 148 pixels. Even then it only stretches 2 characters over the end.
As to having no border along the right side, it was a conscious decision to not have the border go all the way around. Originally, it was only the top part (with the menu, close, shade, minimize buttons) that was going to be there. I originally had a different set of buttons on the background image itself, but the buttons were difficult to see and so I added that titlebar.
Afterwards I created new buttons. When I was adding the bgchanger buttons, I decided to put the controls down there and decided to outline the left side (primarily because many of the control functions are on the left half). I'm currently leaning to not putting a border all the way around (there is a reason why the titlebar doesn't extend *all* the way across). Plus it would mean cutting off some of the image along the right side