I'm going to explode if I don't get this to work. For the past five days I've been trying to get my .pls file to go through, what I guess, is a metafile. I've tried using .wvx, .wax, .asx and nothing works. Two things either occur;
1) The file re-directs the user to a coded version of the file which is viewed in the main window of the explorer (I've tested people who have IE6)
2) The file initiates Windows Media Player yet it comes in contact with an error which seems to be something along the lines of not managing to connect to the redirected file (the .pls).
I can't believe the ammount of stress something this simple is causing me, its ridiculous and I could really use someone's help. I noticed someone posted something to this that was similiar however the discussion ended in the wrong direction and didn't help me with my problem. I hope no forum admin's will delete my topic.
Things to note;
1)I host and DJ off the same machine and internet connection.
2)I am behind a wireless router. I have attempted hosting the server without the router and through a straight line (cable...modem to computer) and I have tried hosting the server THROUGH the router but it doesnt seem to make an effect.
3) For some reason, a .wvx file worked at one point in time when I myself tested it by opening it in Windows Media Player with the same machine that is hosting and djing however others could not connect (they recieved an error message)
4) At one point in time, the test .wvx file would not work on my system but did for one person (I only managed to ask one person, noone else was available)
5) I have attempted using coded metafiles in the format of .wvx, .wax, and .asx.
Here is the code I'm working with, this was the closest thing to working...
Also, it seems the spaces in the following code are crucial...only thats why everyone else says... it seems when I code it, the spaces dont mean squat..it usualy works either way?
<ASX VERSION = "3.0">
<REF HREF = "http://126.96.36.199:3333" />
I've tried changing the "REF HREF" to linking directly to the location of the listen.pls file, I've also tried hosting one off my own domain and linking it to that however nothing came out of these attempts.
I have no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong, I've tried downloading other people's .wvx files and modifying the HREF code piece only yet no effect. It seems this is a futile effort for me, perhaps...for the first time in my life.... bad luck with computers