I don't know if this is something that is unique or not because it's happened to me twice now but here goes....
I was messing around in the winamp preferences (however I cant' remember what I did exactly except change my skin...) Anyway when winamp went to the next song it came up with a message that said: "please select a location for .wav output" and a file browser window along with it. In the background of this window I could see an mp3 of a Sevendust song playing really fast with no sound coming out. Then I pressed "cancel" on the window and quit winamp. I then went back into winamp and went to the "nullsoft wavout plugin" setting and made sure everthing was default (although there was probably no reason for doing so because I never changed any of these settings to begin with) anyway it played my mp3's fine after that, but I noticed a new file in my mp3 folder called "107-Sevendust - Reconnect.wav"
this is so weird I just have to know if this has ever happed to anyone before.