Well, I installed the cd reader plug-in. This was great, no longer waiting for intro's to play. But I got some other problems. CDs were loading twice and the CDDB was no longer working. So I then went about trying to delete a plug-in. A little more difficult that I had initially intended. I did notice on the plug-in configuration screen that it lists the .DLL for each plug-in. I closed WinAmp, deleted the plugin for the new CD Player plug-in (IN_CDREADER.DLL) and now the plug-in is no longer listed on the plug-in sheet. By deleting the .DLL it resolved all of my problems. The CD player plays each song without the intro., the CDDB works and each CD only loads once. All Solved.
This should answer all of the questions that I initially posted. Hope this helps, I assure you that it definately releaved a little unneccessary stress in my life. Whatever.