Old 3rd December 2005, 01:38   #1
cshajkur

unable to download plugin

can someone help with finding the link to purchase two winamp plug ins please. usually the author provides a link that will lead to the secure page. in my case that link doesn't exist. please provide me with a contact to tech support or a link that will allow me to buy the product. the two plug ins are Dolby 5 and Volume Logic. I was able to download the product but not buy it. Thanks i would really appreciate it.
cshajkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2005, 01:57   #2
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
volume logic specifically states to download the free version to purchase it, so i would assume its in the preferences for the plugin. Plugins are listed under preferences > plugins (is volume logic input, dsp, or general i wonder) you should be albe to find it there... as for dolby 5, i didnt find anything specifically called that on the plugins page... as you can imagine dolby 5 came up with ALOT on google. but i would assume its the same...check the preferences page once you have installed the free, trial version.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2005, 21:37   #3
cshajkur

Thanks for your help. I found the download link for volume logic. I still can't find the one for Dolby 5. I'm a little surprised at that winamp is not aware of the missing links to their plug ins or provide a means to notify them. Thanks again.
Old 5th December 2005, 22:36   #4
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
please provide a link to said plugin...like i said earlier, "dolby 5" is not in the plugin database, ive searched "dolby" and only 2 plugins come up.

And its not winamps plugin. winamp provides a site for uploads by authors. you can always contact the author by email and ask them for help.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 00:51   #5
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Dolby 5 is a fraud, don't have anything to do with it. Why do you think it's not in the database, eh?
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 20:54   #6
gameplaya15143
Major Dude

why would you ever pay for a plugin?
there are plenty of free alternative plugins out there than can do just about everything, there are quite a few dsp volume normalizers/limiters/compressors too.
gameplaya15143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2005, 11:09   #7
cshajkur

Quote:
Originally posted by gameplaya15143
why would you ever pay for a plugin?
there are plenty of free alternative plugins out there than can do just about everything, there are quite a few dsp volume normalizers/limiters/compressors too.
knowledge is power so if you know of plug in's available, hook me up. please contact me at charles22304@yahoo.com. I also agree that winamp 2 is a more stable player than the current but doesn't have the support. I guess stability was the trade off with new version. give me a shout out please.
Old 9th December 2005, 19:27   #8
cshajkur

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
please provide a link to said plugin...like i said earlier, "dolby 5" is not in the plugin database, ive searched "dolby" and only 2 plugins come up.

And its not winamps plugin. winamp provides a site for uploads by authors. you can always contact the author by email and ask them for help.
you have a point there is no provision to contact the author either. aren't the plug ins checked before they are submitted? Thanks
Go Back   Winamp Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support