Old 20th January 2006, 03:36   #1
Xooxer

Error Opening Video Output

I know this question has been presented before, but I was unable to find a suitable answer.

When I start a video stream, I'll sometimes recieve an error when the stream tries to connect me. 'Error Opening Video Output' I assume this means it was unable to open the video window for some reason. It randomly hits me, and trying to restart the stream does not fix the problem. When I recieve this error, it doesn't matter which stream I try and open, they all give me this error.

I am able to fix it, sometimes, by closing and re-opening Winamp, but this fix is hit or miss. Eventually, I'll just get fed up with it all and go do something else instead. After a day or two, it'll work again, then suddenly stop working.

What's the deal?

~X

Last edited by Xooxer; 20th January 2006 at 03:57.
Xooxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 11:17   #2
JonnyMac

Please provide system specs and other relevant info...Are the streams from the Online Media section of the ML or from a internet page? What do you have for third party Winamp plug-ins (if any)? What is your DirectX version?

Make sure Winamp's 'Internet Connection' settings correctly reflects your internet connection (Ctrl+P > General Preferences). Are you on a firewall? If so, is it configured to allow Winamp full access? Same may apply for a privacy/content protector.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 19:52   #3
Xooxer

Geez, you want my first-born as well? o.0

Sorry, I don't trust AOHell with that sort of info, and I'm most deffinetly not running some program called HijackThis. Too bad you can't help me.

~X
Xooxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2006, 00:04   #4
JonnyMac

Well, it is not like we are AOL's "hired thugs". The members and moderators at Winamp forums volunteer their time to provide support. The information we ask for helps us to help you. Also, "Error Opening Video Output" is a obscure issue so having a good bug report would help to resolve the issue.

I understand Hijack This sounds ominous, however it is highly trusted and suggested by many tech support forums.

If you would rather not provide the information at least try one or more of the following...
  • As mentioned above, make sure the firewall (if you have one) gives Winamp full access. Also make sure Winamp's 'Internet Connection' settings correctly reflects your internet connection.
  • Make sure you have the latest DirectX for your system. If you already have the latest, try reinstalling DirectX.
  • Also, try a full uninstall > reinstall (AKA clean install) of Winamp.
If this happens with video streams from the Online Media section of the ML, try clicking the refresh button so the links are updated. "Error Opening Video Output" may be a erroneous error message caused by Winamp not finding file type or header information in a nonexistent stream.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 18:31   #5
Cartoonman

"Error Opening Video Output"

Has anyone found a solution?? I have 3 XP and one Vista computers running Winamp ShoutcastTV fine but when I tried an install the latest version (5.58) on another XP laptop, I get the same "Error Opening Video Output" after the stream appears to load.

I've uninstalled and installed older versions of winamp with the same results. Its as if that latest version hexed me. Have even done a system restore (before installing windows media player 10) but no luck. Will try to restore as far back as possible and try again. I'm running an hp dv8000 with ATI video.

Please help!
Cartoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support