Thanks for your quick response DJ. Putting $filepart(%filename%) fixed it and I can now enjoy my Winamp again
With the 5.1x versions though, I didn't have to set any advanced formatting and fiddling with the media library settings never screwed up the playlist display; it always just displayed the filename. I don't know why the difference here, except perhaps because of the reworked metadata handling listed in the 5.2 changelog?
Did you add these WAV files to the local media library database?
I use Winamp very simply: I just have the playlist editor window open and click on the Add button to add the folder. I never bother with saving playlists or advanced media functions.
Sorry I forgot to mention the following two points you ask about, but I did look at these options and they had no effect on the problem. However, I did mention that I even removed the Predixis and media library plugins which, while drastic, can reasonably be expected to disable any filename guessing, for the purposes of troubleshooting.
WAV files don't normally have any metadata, so the containing folder and filename are the determining factors in deciding artist, album, title.
If "smart detect" (or "simple") is selected in:
Prefs > Media Library > Watch Folders tab > Configure button
then the media library will attempt to guess the metadata.
The solution here would be to checkmark "No guessing"
and then remove and reimport the WAV files from/to the library.
I did uncheck read media information. I also tried checking it and playing with the sub-options.
If the WAV files haven't been imported into the library,
but if "Use Library title information for Playlist Item Formatting" is checkmarked in:
Prefs > Media Library > Library Options tab > Modify Settings button,
then the playlist will still attempt to guess the (non-existent) metadata if "no guessing" is not checkmarked in the aforementioned settings screen.
I unchecked use library information, too. I even checked do not load the media library and cleared my already empty media library.
It still looks to me like Winamp is trying to guess the names, even when told not to, hence it still looks like a bug to me. Well, at least I can put in that formatting string and get my proper filenames. Thanks again for your help.